How I Learn Solos, A small series
Storm Linnebjerg
May 3 2018, 07:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
I thought I'd dedicate some time to learning a new solo, and why not do it with the camera rolling, warts and all. It's not all pretty playing.

This is a solo from the song "Superstitious" by Europe. Kee Marcello plays the solo, and it's a great melodic solo with some fast stuff too.

I spent 20 minutes this morning recording the first part in the series:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 3 2018, 07:42 PM
GMC:er
Good pull! Killer solo on that one. Melodic and technical at the same time. This is a great example of how to learn a solo using your ear. IMHO this is simply the most beneficial method of going about it. It provides ear training in the context of actual music with something to compare it to. Of course, you can always look at the tablature if you hit a bump or something, but listening and then using your ear to replicate the notes will pay great dividends in terms of your training your ear. I'd suggest that anyone who wants to play guitar use this method to learn rythm and lead bits from songs that they like. It provides motivation and training at the same time. Nicely done smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 3 2018, 02:14 AM) *
I thought I'd dedicate some time to learning a new solo, and why not do it with the camera rolling, warts and all. It's not all pretty playing.

This is a solo from the song "Superstitious" by Europe. Kee Marcello plays the solo, and it's a great melodic solo with some fast stuff too.

I spent 20 minutes this morning recording the first part in the series:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:48 PM