Soldano Amps
SeeJay
May 17 2014, 05:25 AM
GMC:er
A buddy of mine has a Soldano SLO 100. Snakeskin cover with matching cab. Simmilar to this one:

It's a big ol mean machine. When I first started playing guitar and was asking about amps, someone once told me "Soldano is like the cadillac of guitar amps".

Anyone into Soldanos?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 17 2014, 10:30 AM
Instructor
Would like to put my hands on one of those for sure smile.gif Unfortunately I'm not able to collect amps at the moment tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 17 2014, 06:27 PM
Well sure smile.gif who wouldn't be in to that amp? Those things are just monsters!! And the snakeskin is a nice touch smile.gif The Soladano cabs in TH2 are my fav cabs. Killer low end bass response. The soldano heads in 11R sound nice as well. I wish I could take the cabs from th2 and stuff them in the 11r smile.gif

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 17 2014, 12:25 AM) *
A buddy of mine has a Soldano SLO 100. Snakeskin cover with matching cab. Simmilar to this one:

It's a big ol mean machine. When I first started playing guitar and was asking about amps, someone once told me "Soldano is like the cadillac of guitar amps".

Anyone into Soldanos?

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
May 17 2014, 08:27 PM
I've had an SLO100 for review. While it was very cool, I didn't think it was quite worth the price and the hype, personally. And hey, you can buy the evolution of the SLO (5150) all day long for waaaaay less.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 17 2014, 09:56 PM
Oh, the SLO is based on a 5150? Interesting, never heard that. Tell me more.

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ May 17 2014, 07:27 PM) *
I've had an SLO100 for review. While it was very cool, I didn't think it was quite worth the price and the hype, personally. And hey, you can buy the evolution of the SLO (5150) all day long for waaaaay less.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 17 2014, 10:56 PM
Other way around.
Both those amps have way too much gain for me but having used both a few times I feel that the 100 watt SLO is more articulate than the 5150. It's 'faster'.

The evolution of either is a super-rodded JMP or JCM.

This post has been edited by klasaine: May 17 2014, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
Rammikin
May 18 2014, 02:11 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I have a Soldano Astroverb and it does have a wonderful sound. Crystal cleans and screaming high gain. Yes, the knobs go to 11 smile.gif. Mine is black tolex. You have to be a better guitarist than me to get away with snakeskin. Purple is the ultimate signature color for a Soldano. The SLO100 is a legendary beast, but is probably impractical for any room smaller than, say, Madison Square Garden smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2014, 09:20 AM
Instructor
Never had the opportunity to play such a thing, but, the 5150 - that one is affordable and I can say the same about the 6150, which has a very high chance of entering my possession in the future smile.gif

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 22 2014, 05:40 AM
The first soldano I saw was a purple cab. I remember thinking it was very ugly, but sounded really really nice.

QUOTE (Rammikin @ May 18 2014, 01:11 AM) *
I have a Soldano Astroverb and it does have a wonderful sound. Crystal cleans and screaming high gain. Yes, the knobs go to 11 smile.gif. Mine is black tolex. You have to be a better guitarist than me to get away with snakeskin. Purple is the ultimate signature color for a Soldano. The SLO100 is a legendary beast, but is probably impractical for any room smaller than, say, Madison Square Garden smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 23 2014, 04:14 PM
I haven't tried a Soldano but I have played and owned a couple of it's little Brothers, namely the 'Jet City' range of Amps:-

I like these a lot!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2014, 07:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 23 2014, 03:14 PM) *
I haven't tried a Soldano but I have played and owned a couple of it's little Brothers, namely the 'Jet City' range of Amps:-

I like these a lot!!
biggrin.gif

Uh, I heard of these - how are they as amps? High gain or low? Do they fit to metal? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 25 2014, 06:10 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 23 2014, 03:14 PM) *

I like these a lot!!
biggrin.gif

I like some of the jet city stuff. Some of the low priced cabs and amps seem cheap though. Which model is this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 25 2014, 07:37 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 24 2014, 07:43 AM) *
Uh, I heard of these - how are they as amps? High gain or low? Do they fit to metal? biggrin.gif

I like them in that they are great clean and handle pedals really well. They dirty up quite nicely too but I wouldn't call them a High Gain type of amp. Using my Zoom Tri-metal pedal really does get some monster Hi-gain tones from it though!!

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 25 2014, 06:10 PM) *
I like some of the jet city stuff. Some of the low priced cabs and amps seem cheap though. Which model is this?

That particular one is a JCA50H that's been customised a little bit with a couple mods - custom panel (built-up frame around expanded metal grille with velcro hold-downs), front-panel depth control, clean and scoop switches. Finished with chicken heads. Also retubed and biased with all JJs from Eurotubes.
It used to look like this:-

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:41 PM