4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Considering Leaving Gmc, for personal and financial reasons
Guitarman700
Mar 2 2008, 11:04 PM
GMC:er
well, im considering leaving gmc. between several personal arguments and financial troubles, including the fact im not getting anywhere on guitar, i feel it may be time for me to move on. i still have several months to make my decision, but im leaning toward it. there are people here who i would call my friends (you know who you are) but i feel the community has changed, and im going through a rough time in life right now. if anyone wants me to stay tell me, and ill take that into consideration.

thanks. unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Owen
Mar 2 2008, 11:19 PM
Well, if you want to make that decision its really all down to you, on my part, if you do decide to leave GMC then goodbye and goodluck! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 2 2008, 11:19 PM
Instructor
sorry to hear that from you .any way your nick name is Guitarman so if you feel thats you didnt learned any thing here art GMC so let us to help you where to start . i hope to finish form your troubles and get back to GMC community
wish you the best .have a nice day

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 2 2008, 11:20 PM
Instructor
Think twice...best of luck if you have to. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 2 2008, 11:25 PM
How long have you been playing? Perhaps your expectations are too high and you are trying to accomplish things that are require many more practice hours. And the best way to avoid personal arguements is to just stray away from controversial topics. I have heated personal arguements all the time on UG, and I don't sweat them at all, no big deal really, just opposing opinions. If you are having financial problems and are leaving GMC beacuse of that, I think everyone can understand and respect that.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Mar 2 2008, 11:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 2 2008, 11:27 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 2 2008, 11:04 PM) *
well, im considering leaving gmc. between several personal arguments and financial troubles, including the fact im not getting anywhere on guitar, i feel it may be time for me to move on. i still have several months to make my decision, but im leaning toward it. there are people here who i would call my friends (you know who you are) but i feel the community has changed, and im going through a rough time in life right now. if anyone wants me to stay tell me, and ill take that into consideration.

thanks. unsure.gif

Hey m8 I'm here since just a week and I'm thinking same thing.
I think I won't just because I wanna try to learn something from guitar lessons.
Probably I'll write less on the forum.
Perhaps you could do the same?

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 2 2008, 11:29 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Mar 2 2008, 05:25 PM) *
How long have you been playing? Perhaps your expectations are too high and you are trying to accomplish things that are require many more practice hours. And the best way to avoid personal arguements is to just stray away from controversial topics. I have heated personal arguements all the time on UG, and I don't sweat them at all, no big deal really, just opposing opinions. If you are having financial problems and are leaving GMC beacuse of that, I think everyone can understand and respect that.

about 3 years. but lately, many things have kept me from practicing; sickness, for about 3 weeks, my chronic shoulder pain and an ingrown finger nail. im trying to pull my life together, but i just feel lost and overwhelmed, i dont know what to do.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 2 2008, 11:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Angelica @ Mar 2 2008, 11:27 PM) *
Hey m8 I'm here since just a week and I'm thinking same thing.
I think I won't just because I wanna try to learn something from guitar lessons.
Probably I'll write less on the forum.
Perhaps you could do the same?

Are you doing this on purpose?
Seems so huh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 2 2008, 11:31 PM
GMC Founder
This is very sad to hear! sad.gif

Please let us know what you refer to when you are not satisfied - your voice is strong here as the development of GMC is community driven.

We really want to make this a good place for everybody!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 2 2008, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 2 2008, 05:31 PM) *

Please let us know what you refer to when you are not satisfied - your voice is strong here as the development of GMC is community driven.

like the old saying goes "its not you, its me", im at a time in my life, when i feel confused about the direction i want to take, my practice schedule suffers due to my attention deficit disorder, and i dont know if i can continue with guitar, maybe i need a break, i dont know. i need direction in my life.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 2 2008, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 2 2008, 04:31 PM) *

I would leave also, if it were expensive. But at 6 months for under $50 a clip, no brainer. I hang around, best deal in town. Even if I have already been exposed to most genres already here. Some of those guys may be household names in the music world in a little while. Pretty unreal to be getting advise from guys like Muris as this price.

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 2 2008, 11:41 PM
Instructor
Then take some break smile.gif

And than you'll see if you will come back to guitar playing or do anything else, we'll be here smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 2 2008, 11:47 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 2 2008, 11:40 PM) *
Pretty unreal to be getting advise from guys like Muris as this price.

+1.

Just think about it, think how your life is now, and how it would be with out guitar or GMC.

tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 2 2008, 11:48 PM
Singing Instructor
I'v got to say some thing.....the best players in the world(any instrument)...had one big major crisies..and they felt just like you...but it is all up to one question:do you want it bad enofe?so I hope you stay...I am shore that there are people here who can help you...and if you wont some thing you can do it..

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 2 2008, 11:48 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 2 2008, 04:36 PM) *
like the old saying goes "its not you, its me", im at a time in my life, when i feel confused about the direction i want to take, my practice schedule suffers due to my attention deficit disorder, and i dont know if i can continue with guitar, maybe i need a break, i dont know. i need direction in my life.

it's not like it is a marriage, or leaving a job of 15 years. if you want, let it expire. if you want to come back, come back. i think maybe you are a bit embarrassed because you opened up with people here on your personal life. probably not a greaet idea with people you don't know very well, but big deal. so what? yesterday I bought a big bag of potato chips and ate the whole bag in one setting. also not a good idea. it happens. there is a quote from Mark Twain (greatest american novelist in my view). it goes like, "dogs are great because you can make a fool of yourself in front of your dog, and the dog will just make a fool of himself back to you.". Just think of us as a bunch of dogs.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 2 2008, 11:51 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 2 2008, 11:48 PM) *
it's not like it is a marriage, or leaving a job of 15 years. if you want, let it expire. if you want to come back, come back. i think maybe you are a bit embarrassed because you opened up with people here on your personal life. probably not a greaet idea with people you don't know very well, but big deal. so what? yesterday I bought a big bag of potato chips and ate the whole bag in one setting. also not a good idea. it happens. there is a quote from Mark Twain (greatest american novelist in my view). it goes like, "dogs are great because you can make a fool of yourself in front of your dog, and the dog will just make a fool of himself back to you.". Just think of us as a bunch of dogs.

Thx to your avatar I was doing that already lol! For some reason when I think of someone on a forum, I picture their avatar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 3 2008, 12:01 AM
i hate to see anyone leave gmc .. this place has been good to me and a great community.. right now it seems a little down but i have faith that we will not only get back to gmc we know and love but make it even better... lifes a journey and you need all the friends you can get.. and youve got tons right here smile.gif what ever your choice is.. good luck and i hope its for the best smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 3 2008, 12:03 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
You're adding a lot to the GMC community by your presence so of course we want to you stick around. I do.

It's understandable that if there's a lot going on in your life you should deal with that. I mean, one can't just add stuff into ones back pack, sooner or later it will overflow.

Listen! Very often burden feels heavy but some times the solution can be simple. If you're looking for solutions I'll suggest something.
Make a list of what you do and how much time it takes - the idea is to become more efficient - and be honest to yourself when you do it.

like;
homework - a lot
GMC - a lot
console games - a lot
TV - a lot
Going out - a little
football practice - medium

Six activities where of four is "a lot". Would need change I'd say. Less time spent on each thing, all tasks planned and not doing several things at once - like homework + GMC + TV at the same time would be bound to fail all three.

Add to the list how important things are and how much you'd want to spend
homework - a lot (10 a lot)
GMC - a lot (7 medium)
console games - a lot (5 medium)
TV - a lot (2 a little)
Going out - a little (4 a little)
football practice - medium (3 a little)

Cut the time for the lower points and spend time on the higher ones.
First do home work for a long time, when finished go for GMC for a medium period of time, next some console gaming, finally some football practice... no time to TV today. For example.

It's easy to sort out what takes time and how to prioritise and I suspect that with problems concentrating it's a good way to deal with things to spend time on one thing at a time.

Hopefully GMC is up there (below school) when you're done wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 3 2008, 12:10 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 2 2008, 06:03 PM) *
You're adding a lot to the GMC community by your presence so of course we want to you stick around. I do.

It's understandable that if there's a lot going on in your life you should deal with that. I mean, one can't just add stuff into ones back pack, sooner or later it will overflow.

Listen! Very often burden feels heavy but some times the solution can be simple. If you're looking for solutions I'll suggest something.
Make a list of what you do and how much time it takes - the idea is to become more efficient - and be honest to yourself when you do it.

like;
homework - a lot
GMC - a lot
console games - a lot
TV - a lot
Going out - a little
football practice - medium

Six activities where of four is "a lot". Would need change I'd say. Less time spent on each thing, all tasks planned and not doing several things at once - like homework + GMC + TV at the same time would be bound to fail all three.

Add to the list how important things are and how much you'd want to spend
homework - a lot (10 a lot)
GMC - a lot (7 medium)
console games - a lot (5 medium)
TV - a lot (2 a little)
Going out - a little (4 a little)
football practice - medium (3 a little)

Cut the time for the lower points and spend time on the higher ones.
First do home work for a long time, when finished go for GMC for a medium period of time, next some console gaming, finally some football practice... no time to TV today. For example.

It's easy to sort out what takes time and how to prioritise and I suspect that with problems concentrating it's a good way to deal with things to spend time on one thing at a time.

Hopefully GMC is up there (below school) when you're done wink.gif

wow. thats really good advice, and may be just what i need. im going to think this through. and no, im not embarrassed about opening up to people here . i do that because i want to be friends, i thought that was what people did. huh.gif im going to take break, maybe for a few months, then i may have some renewed energy for the guitar.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Mar 3 2008, 12:14 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 3 2008, 12:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 3 2008, 12:10 AM) *
wow. thats really good advice, and may be just what i need. im going to think this through. and no, im not embarrassed about opening up to people here . i do that because i want to be friends, i thought that was what people did. huh.gif im leaning towards taking a break, maybe for a few months, then i may have some renewed energy for the guitar.

Fair well,take your time and keep us updated in forum,
break is sometimes better than practicing,yeah. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:35 AM