Lost In Transcription
Brother Woodrow
Mar 3 2008, 07:40 PM
GMC:er
Hi! I understand that one of the best ways to expand your musical knowledge and train your ears is to transcribe songs. I am working on Deep Purple's Highway Star and have some questions for instructors and all the experienced on transcribing songs
1. Are rock guitar solos generally played in the same key as the whole song (for example if the song is in G minor, is the solo most probably played using G minor scale?).
2. Do you sometimes slowen guitar solos to find the right notes? A fast solo is just a burst of notes that are hard to separate one from another (at least for me). If yes what kind of software do you use?
3. Does it help to write your transcriptions? Do you use guitar pro for that?
4. To what extent a person who is generally able to sing a melody but gets 'lost in transcription' can improve their hearing abilities? Considering that they're almost thirty dry.gif

Any answers and general tips on the art of transcription will be appreciated smile.gif
Maciek

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Brother Woodrow: Mar 3 2008, 07:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 3 2008, 09:46 PM
Instructor
1. Rock is a VERY general term. Solo can be played using one scale or more scales, depending on the song and it's chordal arrangement.
2. Never. You can do it in Nuendo with a time strech function. THere are programs for that, but I forgot the names.
3. Help with what? Memorising them, playing better, ear training, technique...?
4. What does lost in trascription means? You don't manage with scores or what? You don't know scales?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:39 AM