What Is A Good Speedpicking/shred Lesson For Begginers?
DYRunner
May 20 2008, 01:13 AM
GMC:er
i can't play individual notes so fast. the 16th triplets and 16th notes really make me trip up and make mistakes. what is a good lesson to learn this technique?

i dont need a sweeping lesson because i know that, but kind of like rusty cooley type but the basics.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
FrankW
May 20 2008, 01:23 AM
All you have to do is practice your scales, and arpeggios! There are multitudes of lessons here where you can map out all the modes, for instance...check out Andrew Cockburns' thread on modes. The violin virtuosos of long past did nothing but practice scales for hours , for example, to synchronize their hands, and gain speed and articulation. There are no shortcuts, you must put in the time with what seems like boring repetition in order to become a killer guitar player. An important component in an intelligent practice regimen is the use of a metronome to get your timing down. Mainly, be patient, the speed and accuracy will come...just put in the time! P.S. Start all of your workouts at a slow speed in order to maximize accuracy, otherwise, it will sound sloppy. Believe me, the speed will come!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FrankW: May 20 2008, 01:25 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 20 2008, 12:54 PM
Instructor
Just be careful to do everything correctly and focused. Play with precision and speed will come in time.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 20 2008, 01:42 PM
Instructor
you can also play a "normal" lesson but with a slower tempo. I remmber that once I spend more than 1 hour learning a 4-compass exercice from Yngwie Malmsteen, but believe me it was a great experience !!!! and I learn a lot only with those few compasses wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
May 20 2008, 03:55 PM
There is a plethora of lesson here at GMC that will improve your alternate picking technique. Many lessons incoporate speed runs into their playing. I recommend that if you are just starting to Alternate Pick, check out Pavel's Alternate Picking Series. He has about 5 lessons focused on this technique. Once you feel comfortble with those lessons, just start looking through all the lessons on this site. I cant begin to tell you how many lessons you will find that could help you with your picking, and sound good doing it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 20 2008, 05:05 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 20 2008, 01:54 PM) *
Just be careful to do everything correctly and focused. Play with precision and speed will come in time.

I absolutely agree, make sure to start at a slower tempo and only increase it when you master that speed, if you practice things too fast right from the beginning your technique will never be good.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:50 PM