Gear Hunt, Amps, pedals guitars. All of it!
PanicProne
Oct 23 2008, 07:24 PM
GMC:er
This is probably gonna be a huuuge amout of text but anyways, here goes:

Allright. I'm in the final stage of setting up my pedalboard! (I'm absolutely obsessed with pedals). I've be getting two or thre more pedals before I have my dream setup (Oh come on! there's always new interesting stuff around). At the moment I'm in two bands. One punk band. I've got a really cheap solid state head (JJ Labs 2X75hv) that fits the sound for my punk songs perfectly. I've got one main guitar, my Ibanez Ar250 w seymour duncans (Jazz in neck and custom custom in bridge)

So far I'm pretty pleased. The thing is I'm in a different band too. Our sound is more experimental rock/metal and that's where my pedals come in... The amp doesn't fit this band at all! The distortion is ok. But what annoys me is the clean channel. Sadly I have to say it's absolutely rubbish. And since I'm depending quite a bit on a nice clean tone for delays and so on I'm thinking of getting another amp. At the moment I'm thinking of getting a tube amp with a nice clean channel and then do the heavier parts (with distorion etc) through pedals. Any thoughts on this? Also I've been using the same guitar for both bands, problem is, punk's in standard E while the other band's in Dropped C. So it's really killing my guitar and taking the mickey out of the strings. Even though I love it and would like to use it all the time I've decided to let it handle punk duties since I'm so happy with my sound there.

So bottom line is:
- I'll be looking for a different/another amp for my metal band with nice clean tone and goes good with fx.
- New guitar for metalband. (Anyone tried the G&L guitars?)
- Preferably (if there's still money left) a nice pratice amp that handles fx well.

Ok. I thing you guys got the issue. And I know there's gonna be alot of comments and follow-up questions on this but hey, that's what forums are for right? So feel free to yell at me or help me out!

//Sean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:09 PM