Guitarists That Left Us Too Soon....
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2017, 03:17 PM
Instructor
I was thinking about all those great guitarists that left us too soon... Hendrix, Randy, Dime, Gary Moore... who else??

Here is an article: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/10-...oo-young-598044

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 8 2017, 05:23 PM
GMC:er
Jazz, blues and 'other' guitarists that left too soon.

1) Charlie Christian, 36
2) Michael Bloomfield, 38
3) Lenny Breau, 43
4) Eric Gale (not Gales), 55
5) Shawn Lane, 40

These two died so young that barely had a chance to start what they wanted to do ...
Buddy Holly, 22
Ritchie Valens, 17
Both had a really cool rhythm style and most likely would have developed into unique lead players.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 8 2017, 05:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Obviously he's not dead, but a shout out to Jason Becker as well. He can compose, of course, but not play anymore.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 8 2017, 10:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Glen Buxton from the original Alice Cooper group. Died at 49. Older than some of the guys mentioned but still way too young to be dying.
He recorded some of my favourite albums. All the early Alice Cooper stuff, the best stuff cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2017, 05:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 8 2017, 01:23 PM) *
Jazz, blues and 'other' guitarists that left too soon.

1) Charlie Christian, 36
2) Michael Bloomfield, 38
3) Lenny Breau, 43
4) Eric Gale (not Gales), 55
5) Shawn Lane, 40

These two died so young that barely had a chance to start what they wanted to do ...
Buddy Holly, 22
Ritchie Valens, 17
Both had a really cool rhythm style and most likely would have developed into unique lead players.

Nice list mate.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 8 2017, 01:30 PM) *
Obviously he's not dead, but a shout out to Jason Becker as well. He can compose, of course, but not play anymore.

I've also thought in Jason when asked this question... I think that his playing left us too early. He was 30 years old.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 11 2017, 03:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 9 2017, 06:49 PM) *
Nice list mate.

I've also thought in Jason when asked this question... I think that his playing left us too early. He was 30 years old.

Even worse. He wa just 20 sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2017, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 11 2017, 11:20 AM) *
Even worse. He wa just 20 sad.gif

ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 11 2017, 09:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 11 2017, 10:17 PM) *
ohmy.gif

"At the age of 20, he joined David Lee Roth's band, replacing Steve Vai, who went on to join Whitesnake. While recording the A Little Ain't Enough album and preparing for the subsequent tour in 1990, Becker began to feel what he called a "lazy limp" on his left leg. He was soon diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and given three years to live. He could barely finish the recording, using low-gauge (thin) guitar strings and other techniques, which would make it easier to play with his weakening hands. Although he managed to finish the album he did not join the supporting tour due to his inability to perform on stage; former Lizzy Borden guitarist Joe Holmes took Becker's place on tour."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2017, 12:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 11 2017, 05:43 PM) *
"At the age of 20, he joined David Lee Roth's band, replacing Steve Vai, who went on to join Whitesnake. While recording the A Little Ain't Enough album and preparing for the subsequent tour in 1990, Becker began to feel what he called a "lazy limp" on his left leg. He was soon diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and given three years to live. He could barely finish the recording, using low-gauge (thin) guitar strings and other techniques, which would make it easier to play with his weakening hands. Although he managed to finish the album he did not join the supporting tour due to his inability to perform on stage; former Lizzy Borden guitarist Joe Holmes took Becker's place on tour."

So sad. I didn't know that Holmes replaced him. It made me remember this project:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 12 2017, 05:39 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Rory Gallagher 47

http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/story

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:41 PM