Keeping Your Guitars Clean :), how do you do it?
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 24 2011, 11:23 AM
Instructor
How do you guys keep your axes clean, do you use regular water, cloth, any other product? smile.gif

I've found a very cool power tool for cleaning the guitar:

It has all kinds of addons, so you can use very light pressure and clean the fretboard and difficult parts with ease. Polishing guitars, or metal hardware on them is also awesome with this one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 24 2011, 04:25 PM
Instructor
wow that's a great usage for that tool man, most of the time i just use arm power and a dry cloth biggrin.gif, i try to keep my guitars away from water.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Sep 24 2011, 06:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I use arm power. I stopped using polishes. For the fretboard I use a premium fingerboard oil by Roche-Thomas (very very light amount).

I have acidic fingers, so I sometimes use a spray on the fretboard for the strings. Do you guys use anything like that? I go through strings pretty quickly. Tried elixirs but did not like them on my electric.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 24 2011, 11:08 PM
Instructor
I'm using Dunlop 65 formula for body cleaning,and good old brandy (Serbian rakija) for strings wink.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Sep 25 2011, 01:39 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Sep 24 2011, 07:08 PM) *
I'm using Dunlop 65 formula for body cleaning,and good old brandy (Serbian rakija) for strings wink.gif !

you mean the brandy we all know? (the alcoholic drink) does it woks???

I clean my guitars with a product called "blem" which it's mainly used for cleaning furnitures surfices but I do not do it frecuently, because what's the point?? it will get dirty again soon...!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2011, 05:01 AM
Instructor
I can't see the pic or link that you posted Ivan! I use "autopolish" that is a cleaner for cars.. my luthier suggested it and it really works for my les paul. For the strings I use WD40.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2011, 01:43 PM
Instructor
I never clean the Elixir strings tongue.gif for the body and neck, I use a Fender solution smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 25 2011, 03:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, I just use a soft cloth and my own power. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 25 2011, 08:33 PM
Instructor
I got this power tool for 10e + all the addons smile.gif

It runs on batteries, and you can find these addons anywhere, similar to these:

Now the guitar cleaning is really a piece of cake. Every bit is clean and looks as good as new. Gotta be careful with plated hardware tho, or you can damage/thin out the plating.

If you have an old rosewood neck that has lots of dirt inside the grains, this cleans it as good as new.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 09:07 AM