Lukather Style Collaboration, FINAL MIX & COMMENTS
Jonathan Burgos
Nov 18 2009, 01:30 PM
GMC:er
Hello friends! This is the final mix and comments thread for the Steve Lukather Style Collaboration. Here we give the results of the collaboration. In general, the work has been very good. Do not know if I've been lucky or if most GMC members are good students and guitarists! When working with the recordings, I recommend you do the mixdown with Sound Forge. It is an interesting program, and also easy to use where you may remove noise and normalize volumes. If any of you work with frutty Loops, I can give them some useful files with very interesting configurations.
I must admit that you have been the best group of students. biggrin.gif
Also want to thank you for having done her homework and participating in this collaboration. wink.gif Now, download the file and listen to the work friends. Enjoy it.

These are the 11 participants:

Marek Rojewski - kaznie_NL - Jafomatic - NoSkill - Sollesnes - Dexxter - Staffy - Rated htr – Mhskeide – Nimrandir – TheKeplerConjecture .

Comments:

Marek Rojewski: (0:03 – 01:04)
Looking for the sound, you pay attention to the search of the tone. I would take a bit of reverb and I proportion more delay, anyway, is a matter of personal taste. Apply a good vibrato suggested in rhythmic phrases beginning with melodies. The rhythmic figures seem to exercise, I would suggest more research figures, play with the spontaneity. In the chorus you play octaves with interesting rhythmic, very original. In general, good work Marek! You're creative when it comes to make the solos.

Kaznie: (01:09 – 02:10)
You're also search the sounds, sounds-like Lukather (gain with chorus) I like it. You create melodies in the beginning, is a good proposal. Duplicate guitars with interesting arguments. In the chorus provides a bluesy color. Then execute difficult moves at the right time. Well done! You must work in the neatness of it. Perform in the style of Steve. Very good finish with a nice job of two guitars. You work in the creation of the solos. You have good vibrato and the implementation of bending are good. Kazni Good job!

Jafomatic: (02:17 – 03:16)
Very Good sound! Use less gain at the beginning and do it more powerful from the chorus. Good setup delay. The arguments are very good, the notes from the beginning has a nice rhythm. Interestingly, the contrast is like 2 guitars. I appreciate a more melodic sound from the chorus. Well done!.

NoSkill: (03:23 – 04:25)
NoSkill, my friend. I found a note that is not on the scale. I recommend that you verify. From the bluesy chorus apply a color (I like!). You give importance to sound, and those looking for close to a great tone. That's part of the maturation of the guitarist. I would change to less reverb and a longer delay so that it's so confusing. You must realize that what I say is a matter of taste. Make good straight and have good control of vibrato. Resolving the problem of the correct scale (which is just a note!), you did a good job. Well done.

Sollesnes: (04:29 – 05:34)
Good proposal in the beginning about melodies and rhythm. You made a good sound. You make some nice fast phrasing, very original. The change in the chorus sound changing positively the song (chorus tone as usage varies sometimes Lukather). In the chorus perform an ascending scale very difficult! You have very good typing and interesting musical ideas. The finish is very good too, with melody harmonization with other guitar. With your track, I had to fix the volume with the sound forge. Very good job.

Dexxter: (05:35 – 06:39)
Looking rhythmic phrases, something very important in a student. Well done. I provide more delay and reverb (a matter of taste). Make good bending and have a good vibrato. Very good finish and good Lick rockers (the style that used in some cases, Steve). Looking melody on the chorus, another plus. Good work mate.

Staffy: (06:40 – 07:44)
Staffy Very good job! You're an experienced guitarist. Dominates the sound of blues and also run some fast movements. You have a good control of vibrato and bending as any blues guitarist (that's why I insist to study the blues as a basic tool of the application of taste when you run a good one.). You have a good sound. You make beautiful melodies in the chorus and make a nice phrase up coming to the end.

Rated htr: (07:46 – 08:49)
Nice Sound Rated. Search melody’s in the beginning, important for a guitarist who moves forward in its level. The work you do in the chorus is interesting, original, with phrases legatos. When you return to the music of the verse, you realize interesting arguments differentiating of others. Well done. The tapping of the end is complicated. It's an interesting work. Well done.

TheKeplerConjecture: (08:54 – 09:56)
Run good arguments rhythmic with melodies and sometimes some nice licks. Your bending is good, it would delay and reverb for a longer sound. In the instrumental styles, is widely used implementation of delay and reverb, when the guitar comes to the first place. Nearing in the end of song, I realize that your arguments rhythmic and melodies are similar throughout the song. I suggest you investigate that. Play with the shift to the blues scale, or just do other things after the chorus. Good job!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jonathan Burgos: Nov 18 2009, 05:24 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  collaboration_of_steve_lukather_style_final_mix.mp3 ( 13.68MB ) Number of downloads: 316

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS
Check my music at MYSPACE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 18 2009, 01:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks for the comments, and thanks for a great collab and lesson! I loved it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Nov 18 2009, 02:26 PM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 18 2009, 09:49 AM) *
Thanks for the comments, and thanks for a great collab and lesson! I loved it smile.gif

Thanks you friend! Good work! Well done ... you are a great guitar player , and you have more for give wink.gif

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 18 2009, 02:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jonathan Burgos @ Nov 18 2009, 02:26 PM) *
Thanks you friend! Good work! Well done ... you are a great guitar player , and you have more for give wink.gif

Thanks smile.gif
oh I noticed now, it seems my take is put onto the backing track different here on the mix than I placed it? It seems like it's one bar too late.

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 18 2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Jonathan, I really enjoyed this collab and the final mix as well smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Nov 18 2009, 04:47 PM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 18 2009, 10:39 AM) *
Thanks smile.gif
oh I noticed now, it seems my take is put onto the backing track different here on the mix than I placed it? It seems like it's one bar too late.

Thats right my friend! huh.gif I repair the error now wink.gif

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Nov 18 2009, 11:26 PM
Friends! I upload a new final mix! Check the file if you download before.

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 18 2009, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome, Burgos smile.gif
There is a lot of great sounding takes here, and you made them seam well together smile.gif Lots of inspiration here ^^

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Nov 18 2009, 11:52 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Great collab. Amazing job, Jonathan and the students!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 19 2009, 12:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Jep... lots of great takes here!

Thanks for the awesome BT and the comments Jonathan!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 19 2009, 12:37 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Jonathan. Once again I'm sorry for the problems in the take, my fender is now unmounted and I'm gonna get a new bridge probably. smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Nov 19 2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks friends! Im so Happy with the comments! Thanks again and well done everybody biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2009, 03:34 PM
Instructor
Great job guys! There are many awesome takes here! and Congrats Jona for your first collaboration! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 19 2009, 03:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for the comments, Jona! I appreciate the insite. I feel that you picked up on what I was trying to do. I'm scratching my head about the bum note, but I'll try and figure out what you mean. I'm searching for that perfect, "tone," but still have too much reverb in in. I appreciate the time you took for the backing, comments and final mix!

Thanks, bro!

Tom in Canada

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Nov 19 2009, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Nov 19 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Thanks for the comments, Jona! I appreciate the insite. I feel that you picked up on what I was trying to do. I'm scratching my head about the bum note, but I'll try and figure out what you mean. I'm searching for that perfect, "tone," but still have too much reverb in in. I appreciate the time you took for the backing, comments and final mix!

Thanks, bro!

Tom in Canada

My friend! take it easy. The scale you should use is the F # m, and you use the scale of Bm. The difference between the two scales is one note!. That's why we've done a good job despite this problem. Keep working to find the sound. This is important because represents you and inspires you to create. See you

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Nov 21 2009, 09:39 PM
Jonathan, I'm really sorry that I've missed this collab, as I've been really sick for about a week now (getting better though smile.gif ). The backing was very cool, and I had some ideas but was just unable to record a take because of that sickness sad.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 21 2009, 09:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thx. for the comments and the collab Jonathan! It was a really nice one.. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 21 2009, 10:25 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Thanks for your comments and your collab Jonathan! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 21 2009, 10:34 PM
Instructor
Nice solos! great job!

good backing track for the collab as well, good job Jona!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Nov 24 2009, 01:21 PM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 21 2009, 06:34 PM) *
Nice solos! great job!

good backing track for the collab as well, good job Jona!

Thanks Dani! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Nov 21 2009, 05:39 PM) *
Jonathan, I'm really sorry that I've missed this collab, as I've been really sick for about a week now (getting better though smile.gif ). The backing was very cool, and I had some ideas but was just unable to record a take because of that sickness sad.gif

Do not worry Nimrandir! I'll be waiting in my future collaborations friend! wink.gif

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:46 PM