Box Making
MESHUGGAH
May 15 2008, 01:37 PM
GMC:er
Say you know 1 box from the pentatonic in A and you want to know all boxes in A. what are the rules to make the other 4 boxes in the scale?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
-=Beginner=-

Guitar: Epiphone les paul 100
Amp: Roland Microcube + Line6 Pocket Pod

|m| Stay Metal |m|
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
rockztar
May 15 2008, 02:11 PM
would say that they use the same notes

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 15 2008, 02:33 PM
Moderation Policy Director
You need to understand the rules of scale construction, then you can work out all the boxes yourself!

I have a lesson on the basics of scales here, then you can pick out the lesson for whatever scale you are interested in building from my list of lessons here smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
MESHUGGAH
May 15 2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks smile.gif I have read the lesson but I didn't catch the bit that let me construct the boxes sad.gif I think ill have to read it 3-4 times more biggrin.gif

--------------------
-=Beginner=-

|m| Stay Metal |m|

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 15 2008, 04:54 PM
Its in there though maybe not plainly ....

To make a box, start on any note of the scale and apply the formula from that point on, changing strings when necessary smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
MESHUGGAH
May 15 2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks again Andrew smile.gif This site is like guitarist heaven biggrin.gif

Pretty sure that after death we will all become GMC instructors wink.gif

--------------------
-=Beginner=-

|m| Stay Metal |m|

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 15 2008, 05:33 PM
QUOTE (MESHUGGAH @ May 15 2008, 12:06 PM) *
Pretty sure that after death we will all become GMC instructors wink.gif

We can all hope - I want to be an instructor that can play not just one tht can write wink.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:40 AM