4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Gmc Hurted My Fingers / Competition ! (the Official Dirty Fingers Thread)
Staffy
Oct 25 2009, 08:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
Look here what GMC did to my fingers! I can't hardly type on the keyboard anymore. (but my health insurance doesn't consider this to be enough for a vacation from work... sad.gif )
Post Your fingers here until new years eve, the baddest fingers will get a present from me!!! (instructors are welcome as well biggrin.gif ) Posts are rated on a 1-10 scale, but the final judgement will be at new years day!

//Staffay

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Oct 25 2009, 10:34 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
wow.. I thought.. I was the only one.. Its all gone now but it was worst that that.. I could hardly touch the strings but it became so tough that bends are not a problem now (almost) and vibrato is super cool (than before). Pain is not even there. smile.gif I was thinking of posting it then but somehow didn't as it was too ugly. biggrin.gif Glad you started it. smile.gif

Muris raped my finger tips. Yes, this happened after the MTP. smile.gif

You will feel playing is much better after few days. Congratulations!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by maharzan: Oct 25 2009, 10:36 AM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 25 2009, 10:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (maharzan @ Oct 25 2009, 10:34 AM) *
wow.. I thought.. I was the only one.. Its all gone now but it was worst that that.. I could hardly touch the strings but it became so tough that bends are not a problem now (almost) and vibrato is super cool (than before). Pain is not even there. smile.gif I was thinking of posting it then but somehow didn't as it was too ugly. biggrin.gif Glad you started it. smile.gif

Muris raped my finger tips. Yes, this happened after the MTP. smile.gif

Hehe, I can cleary understand what a MTP with Muris going to do with Your fingers, he's a walking health disaster!! laugh.gif

//Staffay

This post has been edited by Staffy: Oct 25 2009, 10:37 AM

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 25 2009, 08:03 PM
GMC:er
Attached Image

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Oct 26 2009, 04:52 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow, and here I thought, too, that I'm the only one with some damaged fingertips. biggrin.gif Cheers! It tells about training!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Oct 26 2009, 05:11 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 25 2009, 10:35 AM) *
Hehe, I can cleary understand what a MTP with Muris going to do with Your fingers, he's a walking health disaster!! laugh.gif

//Staffay

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 26 2009, 07:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Oct 25 2009, 08:03 PM) *
Attached Image

?? What is this ???

Btw. I sent an invite to Tony Iommi for the competition, but I dont think he will have a chance..... laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 26 2009, 09:28 AM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 26 2009, 01:32 AM) *
?? What is this ???

To prevent infection from that small laceration on your finger sitting right next to the dirt on all the other fingers wink.gif

QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 26 2009, 01:32 AM) *
Btw. I sent an invite to Tony Iommi for the competition, but I dont think he will have a chance..... laugh.gif

That's just mean! ohmy.gif
But also laugh.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Oct 28 2009, 06:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
haha, funny threath... my fingers are hurting every day after playing since im joining GMC!!! never played so much guitar...
but your picture is crazy, thats looks very painfully...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artemus
Oct 28 2009, 07:04 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Nah, this is what you need:
Attached Image

Applications:
Apply directly to fretting fingers and leave to dry. Alternatively, apply to fretting fingers and then immediately attach to another area of skin. Wait for adhesion and then remove fingers from flesh with force: INSTA-CALLUS!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
JamesT
Oct 29 2009, 12:27 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Famous rock words... I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You got me beat Staffy. Hey, and these fingers have seen lots of miles! ... are you using barbed wire for strings? biggrin.gif

[attachment=18769:DSC01833.JPG]

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Oct 29 2009, 07:20 AM
Hahahah!! Nice competition. Your fingers will show how hard do you practice. So, we'll discover who's working and who's not. Take care!!. hahaha

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 29 2009, 07:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Artemus @ Oct 28 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Applications:
Apply directly to fretting fingers and leave to dry. Alternatively, apply to fretting fingers and then immediately attach to another area of skin. Wait for adhesion and then remove fingers from flesh with force: INSTA-CALLUS!

Hmmm, it doesn't seems preferable before starting one of Muris lessons. You might ending up beeing glued in an off-pentatonic mode... laugh.gif

QUOTE (JamesT @ Oct 29 2009, 12:27 AM) *
Famous rock words... I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You got me beat Staffy. Hey, and these fingers have seen lots of miles! ... are you using barbed wire for strings? biggrin.gif

[attachment=18769:DSC01833.JPG]

Im not in the competetion, Im the judge!!! Btw. nice picture! This definitely scores 6.5 and You are in the lead so far, though there is just You competing at the moment. Come on guy's, let's see some bleeding fingers, or have all of You stopped practicing??? biggrin.gif

//Staffay

EDIT: No I'm not using barb-wire, but at the moment i'm *trying* with 0.12 instead of 0.11 on my strat....

This post has been edited by Staffy: Oct 29 2009, 07:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Oct 29 2009, 08:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Famous rock words... I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!

That was John Lennon during the filming of Let It Be.

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Oct 30 2009, 03:21 PM
back when I started practicing several hours a day, this is about a year ago, my fingers looked TERRIBLE. I had some calluses, but they werent well rounded, and just sort of looked like plates of skin.... it was bad

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 30 2009, 03:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Boson @ Oct 29 2009, 03:06 AM) *
That was John Lennon during the filming of Let It Be.

Isn't Ringo at the end of Helter Skelter ????

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 30 2009, 06:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
...and wasn't it Stones that formed the "Dirty fingers" talk... ???

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 30 2009, 07:13 PM
Instructor
hahahahaha, oh damn my fingers are quite strong lately, i wanted the secret present laugh.gifsad.gif!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Oct 30 2009, 07:41 PM
Aha....me too...Joining the club..my finger tips are completely ruined....Those full bends, vibratos and power chord sliding.......................lets name the club so everyone can join in..."GMC thrashed fingers".....sounds metal haha

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 30 2009, 07:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Oct 30 2009, 07:13 PM) *
hahahahaha, oh damn my fingers are quite strong lately, i wanted the secret present laugh.gifsad.gif!

Hmm, they didn't look so hurted, more like they should when You are practicing hard. smile.gif
But I will give You a 6 on these, even though there aren't any real "trails" from the strings.
That the fingerprints are almost gone, does level up though. biggrin.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:43 AM