4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Gmc Is A Drug!
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 18 2008, 03:51 PM) *
Try making sure the notes ring out individually. Hold your hand on the chord as you would and play the strings individually to make sure each string is sounding properly and then play the power chord as a complete chord. smile.gif

Im afraid its still all messed up sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock On!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 18 2008, 02:53 PM
Well, I have no idea of what it could be. I hope you figure it out. Good luck!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 18 2008, 02:55 PM
It might be how the guitar is set up or a problem with how you're playing it. Is there anybody you know who plays the guitar near you that you can ask for help?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 18 2008, 03:55 PM) *
It might be how the guitar is set up or a problem with how you're playing it. Is there anybody you know who plays the guitar near you that you can ask for help?

Nope sad.gif I will never learn playing a guitar. if the sounds doesnt come out right...

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 18 2008, 03:02 PM
You'll get there. It just takes practice. You wont sound exactly like Kris as he has his own tone

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 03:04 PM
Yea, thats right... Guess its just his kinda tone. but when i do it, it sounds so f*ed Up... sad.gif i even do it right, i dont know wtf is wrong, i guess il try getting a cam and record it.

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 18 2008, 03:08 PM
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ Apr 18 2008, 03:04 PM) *
Yea, thats right... Guess its just his kinda tone. but when i do it, it sounds so f*ed Up... sad.gif i even do it right, i dont know wtf is wrong, i guess il try getting a cam and record it.

Yeah. That is the best way for getting help. Or just record through a rubbish computer mic and we may be able to tell you what is wrong.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 18 2008, 03:10 PM
When I first started it sounded like someone threw a frightened cat at a chalkboard. laugh.gif It'll take a while before it sounds decent. I'm still not happy with the way I play, and I've got over a year on you. It's natural to sound badly at first, I think.

This post has been edited by Pi38: Apr 18 2008, 03:11 PM

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 03:19 PM
I tried tapping, SAME SOUND biggrin.gif But, on the basic tapping lesson, 1-2-3. finger on,right, finger off, right
BUT THEN, when im supposed to take my ring finger off. it makes no sound, i guess one of the strings are touching the index finger, wich i use on the 12th fret. and its no sound, but i just cant hold it any other way, to make that sound sad.gif

Wow, that explenation sucked :S

This post has been edited by Young Guitarist: Apr 18 2008, 03:20 PM

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 18 2008, 03:22 PM
Sorry about that.

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 03:25 PM
Hmm, guess il just... erm... Hire a guitar teacher dry.gif Or i could go to stavanger (10 min drive) and meet audiopaal and bother him! haha jk smile.gif He would get angry at me, right paal? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Young Guitarist: Apr 18 2008, 03:25 PM

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 18 2008, 03:26 PM
Just take your time man, rome wasnt build in a day, you'll learn it smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 03:28 PM
Well, i will never learn it when i dont know where im doing wrong...

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 18 2008, 03:35 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Take your time mate, time is on your side for sure, how long have you been playing?
concentrate on chords to begin with to get your left hand working and in sync with your right picking hand strumming out a few different chord changes, make sure your getting the chords (I`d stick with some open chords to begin with) to really ring out so your not muting any of the other strings with a stray finger, it all takes time, a lot of patience and practice smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 03:49 PM
Yea i will tongue.gif But its hard, to hard for me to comprehend. i just dont understand the main point tongue.gif Im just trying to copy what he is doing, i dont understand anything of what hes saying, like E minour, or the 13th fret, well i know frets.. tongue.gif

The easiest lesson is overwhelming for me :S

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 18 2008, 03:51 PM
You'll pick it up, bit by bit, sometimes without even knowing you're learning, and after a few months you'll be surprised how much better you are. I remember the beginning (not too long ago) and it's definitely the hardest part. It'll start to be more fun after a certain point.

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 03:54 PM
I hope so, now im not having fun at all, im just constantly pushing myself,

To get you started, we have put together a 6-step course that will make you play in less than twenty minutes! These six lessons cover some of the basics that you need to learn on your way to become a great guitarist.

Erm. ive used like 3 hours on the first one...

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 18 2008, 03:57 PM
laugh.gif Once you start to learn the regular lessons that are more about music and less about theory and technique I bet you'll have fun.

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 18 2008, 04:02 PM
ok, i find the video incredibly stupid, no offence, but on an E5 Powerchord, he holds on the 2nd fret, on the 4th string, upper 4th, but he only plays on the 5th string, so it makes the same sound whatsoever...

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 18 2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah, some people play the same notes on different strings.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:17 AM