2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Games That Should Be Remade !
Ben Higgins
Sep 16 2011, 09:31 AM
Instructor
Which computer games do you think deserve to be remade, with modern technology and better graphics ?

I vote for Shadowman.. it wasn't an easy game to control, it certainly wasn't well designed enough for the Lara Croft style epic manouvres needed in some places.. but what makes this game so good is the sheer atmosphere and evil storyline. The centerpice of this game for me, is The Asylum.

To see what I mean, start watching from about 1:09

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 16 2011, 10:09 PM
Instructor
I liked to play point & click style adventures, Broken Sword, for example ! I would like to upgrade it to full mode smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 16 2011, 10:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
While we are at games topic - I played this one and its awesome if you are a movie fan :

Regarding remakes - though question :
Maybe a beat em up game from arcade machines like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 16 2011, 11:24 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Broken Sword was great cool.gif .

I'd add Attik Attack (very old Spectrum computer game) just because it was great fun despite awful graphics etc.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 17 2011, 12:44 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X (its actually happening smile.gif )

The Legend Of Dragoon
Earthbound
Quake
Summoner

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 17 2011, 06:16 AM
Instructor
i would love to see a new version of "biker mice from mars", i remember i had that game on my snes, it was fun smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 17 2011, 06:43 AM
Tone Seeker

Awesome game !

Or even those old Tie Fighter games with livingroom size cockpits, real physics and g force. wink.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Sep 17 2011, 06:46 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 17 2011, 09:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Sep 16 2011, 10:09 PM) *
I liked to play point & click style adventures, Broken Sword, for example ! I would like to upgrade it to full mode smile.gif

Ah yes, Broken Sword was great... I played the second one years ago, got really far and then stopped ! I can't go back to it again because I've forgotten what it was all about !! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 17 2011, 06:16 AM) *
i would love to see a new version of "biker mice from mars", i remember i had that game on my snes, it was fun smile.gif

There was a game ?? I remember the cartoon cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2011, 09:27 AM
Instructor
I loved the snow bross game when I was a child..

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 17 2011, 09:29 AM
Instructor
Anyone remember this ?

Attached Image

+Quote Post
rocko
Sep 17 2011, 02:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Oh I loved the Broken Sword games, especially the first and the second game with that cool graphic look.

By the way, here in germany the original title for the games was "Baphomets Fluch" - in english that means something like "Baphomet's Grudge".

Oh, and for the other fans of that game series: a couple of years ago a team of german developers started a fan project called "Baphomets Fluch 2.5":

http://www.baphometsfluch25.de/

It's a kind of sequel to the 2nd Broken Sword game with the cool old fashioned graphics. The development of it took about 10 years and in 2008 they finally released it.

And I can say it really reminded me of the good old times smile.gif They actually got a couple of awards for the game.
But unfortunately, as far as I know, the game is completely in german :/

best regards
Andreas

+Quote Post
dark dude
Sep 17 2011, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 17 2011, 09:20 AM) *
There was a game ?? I remember the cartoon cool.gif

Oh yes. The Snickers power-up made you invincible biggrin.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 17 2011, 03:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Summer Games and Winter Games...and California Games! Good old games on the C64 smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 17 2011, 03:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Monkey Island series.
Oh wait. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 17 2011, 05:58 PM
Tone Seeker
Or what about nes classics Battletoads, Double Dragon or even Probotector/Contra ?

+Quote Post
dark dude
Sep 17 2011, 06:09 PM
+1 for Battletoads

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 17 2011, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 17 2011, 12:44 AM) *
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X (its actually happening smile.gif )

The Legend Of Dragoon
Earthbound
Quake
Summoner

+1 Summoner

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 17 2011, 06:52 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Bards Tale, never had so much fun as a monk.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Sep 17 2011, 09:47 PM
Duke Nukem... oh wait stratch that! Some games are better left dead with dignity and a good remembered past. Rather than a messy 1.3/10 score. Same happens to movies as well. Just be careful when you wish to dig up old game graves, you might find a zombie!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 17 2011, 10:31 PM
Instructor
gameplay on this one was so entertaining tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:42 PM