Rate This Recording
Iron King
Mar 12 2008, 08:57 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I've been teaching a friend how to play guitar in my spare time and it's been around a year since he started playing.

anyway, he wanted me to teach him something his girlfriend would like, so I wrote him this piece (attachment)
it's extremely simple but I think he did a decent job considering his experience...

what do you guys think?
he played all guitar parts btw
drum was machine

it was recorded in 20 minutes so we didn't have time to correct some stupid mistakes. Also I find the two string bends came out badly, but I attribute that mostly to the amp settings

any constructive criticism would be very welcome

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Slow_1.wav ( 21.37MB ) Number of downloads: 206

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 12 2008, 09:41 PM
Singing Instructor
hi...well it is ok to the point where distorzion come in....when it hapends nothing elese can make trough(drums desapire wright away)....that guitar is to luod.....and try to duplicate that track(not solo)...and pan one to the right and the other to the left....and volume must go down...:)hope I helpd a little..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 12 2008, 10:34 PM
Instructor
i think this is a good start i see some nice licks in this track ... keep going

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 12 2008, 11:47 PM
I agree with Nemanja, distortion guitar it too loud. You can just about hear the drums. Apart from that though it's coming along nicely. As you say nice and simple i expect its easy to remember as well

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 12 2008, 11:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Mar 12 2008, 09:41 PM) *
hi...well it is ok to the point where distorzion come in....when it hapends nothing elese can make trough(drums desapire wright away)....that guitar is to luod.....and try to duplicate that track(not solo)...and pan one to the right and the other to the left....and volume must go down...:)hope I helpd a little..

+1 on all of it. Too much volume on dist guitarst, too mono.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 13 2008, 12:06 AM
Instructor
It's a great effort man, as you say there are some mistakes, but it's okay, clean part is great, but those whole note strummings must be more precise and sharply played with the beat, other guitar is nice, but I must say overdrive is overwhelming. THat drive should serve to accent the main melody, not to mute everything around it. Just turn the volume down on that track a lot adn send us again will'ya. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Iron King
Mar 13 2008, 02:18 AM
yeah I agree, the distortion is way too loud
I turned it down a bit and made the drums a bit louder

I'm new to recording this way so I have to get used to the controls

I was more interested in the guitar playing
any input on that?

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 13 2008, 02:44 AM
pretty nice. nothing i can add that hasent been said. on the subject of you teaching your friend, good for you! i want to teach, as well as play professionally, some day, and i admire people who can teach others what they know.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Iron King
Mar 13 2008, 08:50 AM
alright ladies and gentleman
we both ditched class today and jammed together instead... and by jammed I mean I wrote some riffs and taught them to him

ok so this one has a better sound quality... I don't hear any instruments being too loud

like before I wrote the song to be very simple and the solo is made up of classic guitar licks (a lot of Hammett and even some Clapton)

The solo is a bit sloppy and could be tightened up, what do you guys think?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Groove.wav ( 32.13MB ) Number of downloads: 116

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 13 2008, 09:39 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Mar 12 2008, 09:41 PM) *

Good job, but listen to what Nemanja says! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:00 PM