My First Feature Film Score, Woohoo!, A Brazilian Feature Film called "Transmigration"
Todd Simpson
Jan 4 2012, 05:45 PM
GMC:er
This film is finally reaching the end of post production and is about to be released. Here is a link to the films web site.

http://207.204.23.144/transmigration/index.html

It's my first Feature film scoring project. It was LOADS of fun. I can't wait for the next one. You can watch the trailer and hear some of the score. I wrote the main "Themes" and another arranger worked with the director and embellished them with keyboards/strings/brazilian instruments. Turned out great smile.gif

QUESTION: Anyone else doing any scoring? Game/Video/Interactive/Film?

Todd

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2012, 06:13 PM
Instructor
AWESOME!! Congrats friend!! smile.gif smile.gif

I'm not working on something similar but I would like to do it in the future! smile.gif

Gab.-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 4 2012, 06:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome Todd congrats smile.gif I'm working on a project like this also but it's a short movie smile.gif I will share it soon smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 4 2012, 06:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Parabens Todd, muito bom. Eu vou dizer minha familia no Brasil

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 4 2012, 06:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thats awesome Todd! Seems like a cool movie too... who wouldn't want to get abused by Amazonian women? biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 4 2012, 07:03 PM
Learning Roadie
I get abused every day by a Brazilian woman

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Jan 4 2012, 07:04 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2012, 07:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jan 4 2012, 02:50 PM) *
Thats awesome Todd! Seems like a cool movie too... who wouldn't want to get abused by Amazonian women? biggrin.gif

tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 4 2012, 07:49 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow this is fantastic man congrats! I would love to be involved in a project like this. How does one go about landing a gig like this Todd? Seriously, Please spare me no details.I am very interested in doing this kind of thing. I sometimes like to put a movie on and turn down the volume and try to put music to scenes or leave the volume up and try to improv over the existing music.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jan 4 2012, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2012, 09:26 PM
Instructor
Wow that is awesome Todd, I watched the trailer and the music there is really professional sounding! smile.gif Great job man! smile.gif I worked on one short movie with an Australian director once, but would like to work again, if the money is good and I like the project, why not! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 4 2012, 09:59 PM
Instructor
Todd, congratulations ! That's fantastic ! biggrin.gif Really great, moody guitaring !

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 5 2012, 04:13 AM
Instructor
Sounds great. Congrats man. That's something I want to try someday.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 5 2012, 10:08 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats Todd! Music from the trailer sounds really awesome.
Are you recording on Mac platform, which DAW do you prefer?

I did recently a score for a national TV series.

Here are those tracks/themes :

http://soundcloud.com/bogdan-radovic/remember-me-intro

http://soundcloud.com/bogdan-radovic/remember-me-outro

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Jan 5 2012, 10:28 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow congratz Todd, it sounds great and perfectly fits the atmosphere, makes me wanna go see the movie smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 5 2012, 04:33 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Congrats Todd, great news!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2012, 07:19 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 4 2012, 01:49 PM) *
Wow this is fantastic man congrats! I would love to be involved in a project like this. How does one go about landing a gig like this Todd? Seriously, Please spare me no details.I am very interested in doing this kind of thing. I sometimes like to put a movie on and turn down the volume and try to put music to scenes or leave the volume up and try to improv over the existing music.

Good question. It really does all come down to establishing relationships and trust. It's so much about making your own breaks these days. The director of this film is a guy I've known for years and he actually didn't know I was a musician somehow until a couple of years ago. He was impressed with my youtube channel and some of my work with various bands so he asked me to work on the score for his film. wink.gif It's that simple.

You can go about it other ways of course, craigs list, web classifieds, friends of friends, any break you can find, take it!

I have been doing the same thing as you playing along to movies and it really helped a TON when I went to create a score. My movies feed in to my mixer and so does my computer so I can hear movie audio and my guitar in the same mix.

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:49 PM