Going Pedalshopping And Need Some Help, Delay and boost
mhskeide
Mar 17 2010, 11:19 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi guys

Some of you might remember a topic I wrote some weeks ago, about design ideas for a pedal board. I think I have tossed away that idea, and I will most likely buy a complete pedalboard with bag, since that will save me some time and money for a dedicated power supply (at least if I buy the warwick-board that Zakk recommanded)

I have borrowed an Ibanez TS808 from a friend, and must honestly say I`m in love with it. When I put the overdrive on both my amp and pedal to 11, it`s all the gain I would need, and if I ever need more, I`ll probably will buy another amp or a HT-distortion pedal.
My other alternative was the Exotic booster, but with only a level knob I don`t find it too versatile. Unfortunately I have not tried it, so I might be mistaken.
So unless you have some good suggestions, the quest for boost is most likely solved already. On the other hand, I`m quite unsure about delay!

I prefer an analog delay, since I love the dark delay tones and the warm feeling. That said, I won`t be a stranger if somebody shows me a sweet digital delay neither!

So far, I`ve been looking at the Malekko Ekko 616, MXR Carbon Copy and Boss Giga Delay DD20.

At PGS they all sound good, of course smile.gif ... but after reading some reviews I have the following impressions:
The malekko ekko 616 didn`t sound as good as the price says
the carbon copy sounds nice, but some complains about reliability
The DD20 seems VERY versatile and probably a lot of fun to play with, but maybe it`s a bit too much?

Thanks for all useful input smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:43 PM