> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Treydeschamp's Metalcore Training Program
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 9 2013, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hey Trey smile.gif No problem man, write me when you have the time wink.gif It's all good as long as you don't neglect your practice and playing in general!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 25 2013, 02:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
So I've been practicing the piece here and there but I've been frustrated because I realized my timing is awful.

I started trying to use a metronome but then realized that I can't even stay on beat with that. Is there any way you could make a video explaining how to use a metronome. 8 years of playing and I've never used one!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2013, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hey Trey, sure thing man smile.gif Stay tuned!

Here we go:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 25 2013, 09:40 PM

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 28 2013, 05:13 PM
Definitely will be practicing this so that you don't get angry! laugh.gif

But really, thanks for the video man! I'll be practicing this for sure and I'll put up a video so you can see.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 29 2013, 01:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jun 28 2013, 04:13 PM) *
Definitely will be practicing this so that you don't get angry! laugh.gif

But really, thanks for the video man! I'll be practicing this for sure and I'll put up a video so you can see.

Please do! The video communication between us two is very helpful on both sides, so, shoot as often as you can smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 29 2013, 03:40 PM
So I have a few errands to run but after that I'll be doing this video. I'm not so worried about the 60 BPM as I'm worrying more about applying this at a faster BPM.

Gotta start somewhere though, right? wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 30 2013, 12:29 PM
Instructor
Of course you do smile.gif

Thing is, as long as you push things at a steady pace and don't get frustrated about not having the rhythm you would like to have in terms of how fast you evolve, you will get there smile.gif Slow and surefooted is always best!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 30 2013, 11:58 PM
Here it is!

I wasn't too sure with the 8th notes and I didn't even try 16th notes!

This post has been edited by TreyDeschamp: Jul 1 2013, 12:02 AM

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 1 2013, 08:38 AM
Instructor
Hey Trey! Good job till the 8th notes smile.gif

Now, let's just focus on these, ok? I want you to try and feel 2 equal notes on each beat - but, not by playing the guitar - use your hands and clap them smile.gif If you are unsure, let me know and I'll do a vid for ya, k?

Slow is difficult as well - but this is where control is coming from wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 1 2013, 08:22 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 1 2013, 02:38 AM) *
Hey Trey! Good job till the 8th notes smile.gif

Now, let's just focus on these, ok? I want you to try and feel 2 equal notes on each beat - but, not by playing the guitar - use your hands and clap them smile.gif If you are unsure, let me know and I'll do a vid for ya, k?

Slow is difficult as well - but this is where control is coming from wink.gif

Cosmin

Sounds good. I'll get right to it!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 2 2013, 07:25 AM
Instructor
that's the spirit laddie!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 13 2014, 03:11 PM
Cosmin! Long time no talk!

Glad to be back but more excited to start the process of working with you again! I think instead of picking up where we left off it would be more beneficial to rework my workout routine.

I want to get more accurate with my guitar playing while also building speed through alternate picking, sweeping, etc.

My reasoning for this is because I can always learn metalcore or any other style here but without accuracy in my notes I won't be able to play anything well. Who knows, may be after this journey I'll be the next Andy James laugh.gif

Thanks for the help buddy!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2014, 08:59 AM
Instructor
Howdy Trey smile.gif Welcome back mate!

As I said in the previous thread, I have started a new program which I think would be beneficial to you - please take a look here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0 answer the questions and we can begin smile.gif You can write the answers here in the thread wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 14 2014, 03:38 PM
Awesome!

Well then my answers are:

1. I have been playing guitar between 9-11 years (I can't remember my exact age but that is the general area).

2. I feel like I'm definitely not a beginner but I'm trying to get going in the intermediate level.

3. I have basic theoretical knowledge that I'd like to improve on. I can find note on the fretboard but they aren't committed to memory.

4. As of lately I haven't really touched a guitar since I've been busy with school and had to leave them at home to get in the swing of a new lifestyle. Now that I'm taking my guitar back to school with me I feel like I'll be able to dedicate anywhere from an hour to two hours for practice.

5. I was raised as a metal kid so I love shred guitar techniques like sweep picking and alternate picking but I'm also incredibly interested in the economy picking technique.

6. I would definitely like to improve my note accuracy and my speed. I'd also like to improve and build my use of alternate picking and sweep picking because a lot of the songs that I listen to use these techniques. This would greatly help me become a better lead guitar player. I would also like to improve my musical diversity. I'd like to break into the real of jazz playing because the style uses these same techniques a lot.

7. In my current experience as a guitarist I've jammed with some friends and recorded things here and there but never to the extent of it being noteworthy. I've been more of a home playing person.

8. Right now I have two main guitars:
-PRS Custom 24 SE
-ESP Alexi Laiho Signature Blacky
and then since I am at school I use Guitar Rig 5 as my amp system. I then use garageband to record into. I have more gear but these items are the ones that get the most use.

9. At a young age I was blown away by guys like Paul Gilbert (my Dad is a huge fan). As of lately the guitarists that inspire me now are Alexi Laiho, Michael Paget, Misha Mansoor, Synyster Gates, Tosin Abasai and Guthrie Govan.

Here are a few cover pieces and lessons that I've recorded over the past year for a visual/audio analysis:

Thanks Cosmin!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2014, 03:39 PM
Instructor
hey Trey!

Thank you for answering the questions mate! You have evolved a lot since we last talked, that's for certain!

I think we can go for developing your chops in musical contexts as a main aim, judging from what you told me and I would like to suggest the following approach:

Spending 5 hrs/ lesson (2 hrs/day - about 1 hrs for each lesson) in which you should:

- understand the theoretical concepts
- learn the lesson structure
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

Day 1-5:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Sweeps_Major_and_Minor/ - sweep basics to start with wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Intervals-Etude/ - a little alternate picking treat, for you smile.gif To get ya out of the rut smile.gif Nothing straight forward here wink.gif

Day 6-7 - Revision (you practice the lesson, assuming you that you already know the structure and you can play it) - focus on timing, definition, clean playing, articulations and details! Recording - if you wish - and writing conclusions so that we may draw a line and see what have you learned in that week wink.gif

How does it sound Trey?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2014, 03:47 PM
I really like this plan better than the plan we were working with before. I feel like it is 100 times more focused!

I might have to spread these out over a little longer than a week because I really do want to understand these lessons and as someone with basic theory knowledge it'll be a little difficult at first trying to nail down concepts and understand what I am reading.

I also would like to try and produce most of the lessons that we work on as REC takes so that might add to the process but I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date (like I used to do) and make sure to ask you questions through out the process of learning.

Thanks Cosmin! You're the man!

This post has been edited by TreyDeschamp: Mar 15 2014, 04:08 PM

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2014, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Heh! Very happy to see that this is working good for you mate smile.gif

By all means, it's very important to understand the theory behind what you are doing, so please let me know if there are any theory related questions and take your time if you think you need more than a week, but it would be interesting to keep it in max 2 weeks, so that you will pick up a faster pace of evolution smile.gif What do you think?

Cosmin

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 15 2014, 02:47 PM) *
I really like this plan better than the plan we were working with before. I feel like it is 100 times more focused!

I might have to spread these out over a little longer than a week because I really do want to understand these lessons and as someone with basic theory knowledge it'll be a little difficult at first trying to nail down concepts and understand what I am reading.

I also would like to try and produce most of the lessons that we work on as REC takes so that might add to the process but I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date (like I used to do) and make sure to ask you questions through out the process of learning.

Thanks Cosmin! You're the man!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 16 2014, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 16 2014, 08:52 AM) *
Heh! Very happy to see that this is working good for you mate smile.gif

By all means, it's very important to understand the theory behind what you are doing, so please let me know if there are any theory related questions and take your time if you think you need more than a week, but it would be interesting to keep it in max 2 weeks, so that you will pick up a faster pace of evolution smile.gif What do you think?

Cosmin

I most certainly can try!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2014, 08:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 16 2014, 02:43 PM) *
I most certainly can try!

Please do and keep me posted wink.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 18 2014, 07:30 PM
Hey man,

So the theory for the sweep picking is fairly straightforward but I'm getting a little confused on the theory for the inteval etude.

I get that it was written in the C Ionian mode (and all I really know is that it is an Ionian scale in C) but what exactly makes up the 3rds, 4ths and 5ths of the intervals that are in the tag line of the video?

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:25 PM