> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Chrism Metal Improv Workshop
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2014, 06:33 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif This thread belongs to you and in order to begin working together, I would like to ask you to take a look here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

..and write your answers to the questions in this thread, so that I may have sufficient info in order to help out better wink.gif

Let's rock!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2014, 06:41 PM
Instructor
Hey matey smile.gif

Welcome again!

I think that for the three hours you are ready to invest in your playing, we could go for 2 lessons/ week - one based on rhythm and the other based on lead - learning the theoretical concepts behind them and the way in which they are being applied in the lessons.

After that, if you wish, you can go ahead and write something of your own, inspired by the lessons and using the available backing tracks and we can comment on the composition and see how you can improve your playing - that can be the creative step in your evolution wink.gif What do you think about this approach? I would recommend the following steps for an organic learning experience:

- understand the theoretical concepts - know what and why you are playing is a healthy way of learning
- learn the lesson structure - things will flow naturally once you know what's next when playing any piece
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome - you will learn the lesson and become accustomed with the timing and feel
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track - respecting timing and phrasing will provide essential advantages when you will face the details of any piece!
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

Day 1-5:

Apply the steps above for the lessons until you are comfortable with playing them and you can focus only on the troublesome spots in the lessons - each and everyone will have some wink.gif

Day 6-7 - Revision (you practice the lessons, assuming you that you already know the structures and you can play them) - focus on timing, definition, clean playing, articulations and details! Recording - it's not mandatory but it can help A TON wink.gif

What do you think about these ideas? If you like this approach, I will send you my picks for your first 7 days wink.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chrism
Jul 29 2014, 07:21 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 29 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Hey matey smile.gif

Welcome again!

I think that for the three hours you are ready to invest in your playing, we could go for 2 lessons/ week - one based on rhythm and the other based on lead - learning the theoretical concepts behind them and the way in which they are being applied in the lessons.

After that, if you wish, you can go ahead and write something of your own, inspired by the lessons and using the available backing tracks and we can comment on the composition and see how you can improve your playing - that can be the creative step in your evolution wink.gif What do you think about this approach? I would recommend the following steps for an organic learning experience:

- understand the theoretical concepts - know what and why you are playing is a healthy way of learning
- learn the lesson structure - things will flow naturally once you know what's next when playing any piece
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome - you will learn the lesson and become accustomed with the timing and feel
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track - respecting timing and phrasing will provide essential advantages when you will face the details of any piece!
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

Day 1-5:

Apply the steps above for the lessons until you are comfortable with playing them and you can focus only on the troublesome spots in the lessons - each and everyone will have some wink.gif

Day 6-7 - Revision (you practice the lessons, assuming you that you already know the structures and you can play them) - focus on timing, definition, clean playing, articulations and details! Recording - it's not mandatory but it can help A TON wink.gif

What do you think about these ideas? If you like this approach, I will send you my picks for your first 7 days wink.gif

Cosmin

Yes Cosmin. That would be great.
Thank you.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 30 2014, 05:11 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

I thought about this lesson in respect to a technique that will be present in your metal vocabulary pretty much all the time - alternate picking, plus, it has to do with rhythmic subdivisions, which you will also encounter everywhere. Why not give it a go and see how it feels wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

In respect to lead playing - I would emphasize on articulation in the first place - vibrato and bending, as I heard in one of your recordings that the bends were not reaching the intended pitch all the time, so, why not take care of this aspect smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/

What do you think? How do these two feel for you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Chrism
Jul 30 2014, 06:14 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 30 2014, 04:11 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif

I thought about this lesson in respect to a technique that will be present in your metal vocabulary pretty much all the time - alternate picking, plus, it has to do with rhythmic subdivisions, which you will also encounter everywhere. Why not give it a go and see how it feels wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

In respect to lead playing - I would emphasize on articulation in the first place - vibrato and bending, as I heard in one of your recordings that the bends were not reaching the intended pitch all the time, so, why not take care of this aspect smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/

What do you think? How do these two feel for you?

Cosmin

I will work on this and I will record it for you to evaluate sir Cosmin.
Thank you.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2014, 04:16 PM
Instructor
That sounds great man smile.gif Please let me know if any questions arise along the way wink.gif

+Quote Post
Chrism
Aug 12 2014, 01:28 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 31 2014, 03:16 PM) *
That sounds great man smile.gif Please let me know if any questions arise along the way wink.gif

Hi Cosmin. Sorry,I can't post a video yet. I'm still dealing with audio latency when I use Reaper together with amplitube vst.
Instead I record myself playing with one of the assignment you had given to me. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/. I'll send my recording of the other assignment ASAP.
Attached is the audio.

Good day and thank you.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2014_08_12_18_39_30.wav_1_.mp3 ( 1.57MB ) Number of downloads: 113

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 14 2014, 11:57 AM
Instructor
Hey bro, no worries - take your time if you need it.

I just listened to your recording - congrats on nailing all the parts! Here's what the conclusions are so far:

- the bends are a bit weak and barely reach the intended pitch
- you are slightly delaying the phrases when reproducing them

I would suggest you to record against the original recording in order to observe the pitch differences when using bending - by the way, I would be very curious to see how your bending technique looks like, so I am looking forward to see some vids wink.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

QUOTE (Chrism @ Aug 12 2014, 12:28 PM) *
Hi Cosmin. Sorry,I can't post a video yet. I'm still dealing with audio latency when I use Reaper together with amplitube vst.
Instead I record myself playing with one of the assignment you had given to me. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/. I'll send my recording of the other assignment ASAP.
Attached is the audio.

Good day and thank you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:57 PM