Suggestion For The Rec Thing.
JMinoia
Jul 16 2009, 07:00 PM
GMC:er
Hey Guys,

Just thought of something that might be a good idea for the Rec. So we have all these students posting videos of lesson and getting graded.

I don't really know if you could incorporate this in or not but maybe we could have the students also post a video below of called the "What I Learned"

That way we don't have students walking away from the lesson with wrong ideas or something like that.
They could also include in Improvisation, using licks and ideas from the lesson. Or maybe talk a bit about the theory in the lesson to make sure they understand it completley and we could have the instructors make sure they are grasping the concepts 100%.

Doesn't have to be graded or anything , and could be completely optional.

What do you think ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Canis
Jul 16 2009, 07:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like that idea. Nothing much, just explaining what we've learned. The best way of learning (in my opinion) is explaining what you've learned.

I'm gonna start doing this! If not always a video, I'm atleast gonna write it ^^

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: Jul 16 2009, 07:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 16 2009, 09:41 PM
Jazz Instructor
Nice idea!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 16 2009, 11:27 PM
Instructor
Good suggestion, now it's up to members to follow it I guess. It would definitely be cool to see what members have learned from specific lessons.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 16 2009, 11:54 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I think it's a good idea too! Explain what you got out of the lesson in either video or text. This would give the Instructor's more to elaborate on when giving feedback. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 17 2009, 12:17 AM
Instructor
Spot on!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 17 2009, 12:58 PM
Instructor
I like this idea and definitely support it ! Now its up to members to decide whether they feel like doing it or not wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 17 2009, 12:59 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'll try doing this on my next REC. smile.gif

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 17 2009, 02:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Didn't we have a discussion, once, on adding some information to the original REC post about this. A, Why did I pick this lesson, What I am working on, What specific problems I had with it, sort of deal? Maybe it's just in my head. I think it's a great idea, by the way.

When I look at the REC and comments, there is often a comment about one run, or a bend or something like that. I think most that are submitting know when they hit a bum note. But, what if that was a particular problem for them? Not anything really to spend time in instructors board about, but maybe you had to change your fingering a bit to suit a run, or a repetitive part...something, I guess to get some context into what was happening with the lesson. Not a whining session, just some more information.

I know that the REC says, add whatever comments that you want. They will not be taken into consideration...or whatever it says exactly. What if there was some specific information that was required in the REC submission. This might also help the instructors in their comments.

Reason for picking less: I want to work on rhythm placement. I want to work on whole step bends.

Again, just food for thought. I originally thought that I'd like to see the REC become more of a report card, identifying specific elements of play and things to work on with submissions of other lessons that answer these elements, but then I think this may get too complicated and draw too much of the instructors time.

Just thoughts in support of this suggestion.

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Jul 17 2009, 02:43 PM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:39 AM