Canon 550D & Røde mic, test of music video
Cornelius
Feb 6 2015, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys☺
I made a music video using Canon 550D, suggestion from todd,gab,cosmin,bogdan smile.gif TY !!
I must say, what a great camera for filming videos,Take a look for yourself... and download magic lantern aswell
A also purchase a new mic, røde stereo videomic pro,
I turned it up to 20db, but when i sing it dont get the high notes..
But what do you think?
I dont think i will make it public on youtube, to poor?? I think so:(
Preshe8 feedbacks, i must also say, the song, made up 1 hour before the shoot, and it was the first shoot i used..so thats why its bad:| practise next time ,...note to self

Skaye - Have Mercy (Canon 550D with Magic lantern)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cornelius: Feb 6 2015, 03:11 PM

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
SKAYE - Accoustic rock, Blues, Slide Guitar Player

Sub me on youtube to keep in touch !!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqFCbKsIiRpKBb3bS1E34Jg

Homesite : http://skaye.net/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 6 2015, 12:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
It says the video is set to private.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Feb 6 2015, 03:11 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2015, 01:44 PM) *
It says the video is set to private.

Hi Buddy biggrin.gif try now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 6 2015, 04:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool, it works now! I like it, good video! smile.gif

I need to download magic lantern again to my 550D. It's a great add on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 6 2015, 04:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations on getting new gear! That camera and mic are really great for video recording.
Your video already looks upgraded and more professional due to sharp picture with nice depth of view effect from the lenses.

Currently the audio is still a bit problematic. I'm noticing that your voice is clipping the mic due to gain setting being too high. Try experimenting with a good microphone position when recording, place it somewhere close to both your guitar and head so that you can capture both guitar and voice well. You don't necessarily need to record a nice video angle. You could experiment by taking the microphone off the camera for this initial take where audio is critical and placing it on a mic stand or something similar for best position.

Once you have an audio track which sounds nice to you, my suggestion would be to do some "production" on it in your audio recording software (you can export audio only from video editing software you use). Try adding EQ, Compressor, bit of reverb etc to make the audio recording sound nice.

When you have a cool sounding audio track, you can record the following videos "on playback" when making the final one for Youtube.

I like the song very much and you have great energy in this one! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2015, 10:47 PM
CONGRATS!!!! Video Looks great smile.gif Sound cold use a tweak or two. You could try to record the music in to your computer as you run video and that way you could mix the audio and add fx. Make sense?

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Feb 7 2015, 01:03 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2015, 05:51 PM) *
Cool, it works now! I like it, good video! smile.gif

I need to download magic lantern again to my 550D. It's a great add on.

TY smile.gif
,Yeah its a must on The Canon 5550D biggrin.gif its the missing link..quite easy to download aswell

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 6 2015, 05:52 PM) *
Congratulations on getting new gear! That camera and mic are really great for video recording.
Your video already looks upgraded and more professional due to sharp picture with nice depth of view effect from the lenses.

Currently the audio is still a bit problematic. I'm noticing that your voice is clipping the mic due to gain setting being too high.

hi Bogdan smile.gif yeah i bought the 50 mm 1.8 ,after suggestion from you smile.gif love it... like you said, nice depth and sharp picture ..

i agree, maybe i should try a different angle , experiment a litte.. cause the mic is great... smile.gif
tnx again for great advice...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 7 2015, 01:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cornelius @ Feb 7 2015, 02:03 AM) *
TY smile.gif
,Yeah its a must on The Canon 5550D biggrin.gif its the missing link..quite easy to download aswell

I used to have it. I don't know why I deleted it from the camera again. I must have had some sort of reason for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Feb 7 2015, 01:08 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 6 2015, 11:47 PM) *
CONGRATS!!!! Video Looks great smile.gif Sound cold use a tweak or two. You could try to record the music in to your computer as you run video and that way you could mix the audio and add fx. Make sense?

hey todd cool.gif

tnx man smile.gif the sound could deff need a tweak....
i think i know what you mean.... after i found nice video clip with good audio.. i can then mix the audio.
cause i got a software called Squared 5, that convert the video to an audio file..
so if i copy the video file on my pc, use the other copy to convert to an audio file trough the square 5 software, i could tweak the sound and add fx ?. and then match them in final cut ?

does it make sense ? dry.gif huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2015, 04:06 AM
I would suggest trying to "MULTI TRACK" The audio so record vocals on one track, then record guitar on another track. That way you can EQ and use FX on each channel and tweak levels. Then export that and marry it to the video using FINAL CUT PRO.

So record in something like REAPER while shooting video.

Then mix the audio in reaper.

Export audio to a single file.

Import audio to final cut and synch up to video.

Export the whole video with audio and upload to youtube smile.gif

Make sense?

Todd

QUOTE (Cornelius @ Feb 6 2015, 08:08 PM) *
hey todd cool.gif

tnx man smile.gif the sound could deff need a tweak....
i think i know what you mean.... after i found nice video clip with good audio.. i can then mix the audio.
cause i got a software called Squared 5, that convert the video to an audio file..
so if i copy the video file on my pc, use the other copy to convert to an audio file trough the square 5 software, i could tweak the sound and add fx ?. and then match them in final cut ?

does it make sense ? dry.gif huh.gif

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Feb 8 2015, 12:18 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 7 2015, 05:06 AM) *
I would suggest trying to "MULTI TRACK" The audio so record vocals on one track, then record guitar on another track. That way you can EQ and use FX on each channel and tweak levels. Then export that and marry it to the video using FINAL CUT PRO.

So record in something like REAPER while shooting video.

Then mix the audio in reaper.

Export audio to a single file.

Import audio to final cut and synch up to video.

Export the whole video with audio and upload to youtube smile.gif

Make sense?

Todd

Nice man, got it, sort of... smile.gif im gonna deff try to experiment some more with audio... smile.gif
im gonna check out REAPER aswell, TY smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:08 PM