Ibanez Re-releasing Rg570!
Todd Simpson
Aug 30 2013, 10:36 PM
GMC:er
It looks like Ibanez is going to re release the legendary RG570 with the original V2 bridge pickups ( I love this pickup, it's in my RG560. Very hot Alnico pickup with amazing clarity) but the catch is that it's JAPAN ONLY!!!! Arrrgghhhh!!!

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/gc/index.html

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2013, 11:55 PM
Instructor
Now I'm missing my RG520... sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 31 2013, 06:34 AM
Learning Roadie
All is not lost Todd

Buy guitars directly from Japan

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 31 2013, 08:57 AM
Just another try to steal money from people.

Even when they re-released RG 1550 and 2550 (which is a clone of 550) it was 2-3 times more expensive as original guitar released in '87.

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 31 2013, 11:26 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 31 2013, 09:57 AM) *
Just another try to steal money from people.

Even when they re-released RG 1550 and 2550 (which is a clone of 550) it was 2-3 times more expensive as original guitar released in '87.

Hasn't the price of bread gone up since '87 as well? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 6 2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks smile.gif These series do have the mythical 17mm neck that's just as rare as can be. You can get that neck on Jcustoms but you have to sell a kidney/lung to afford one typically.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 31 2013, 01:34 AM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 6 2013, 07:09 AM
I've been reading on the web that these may be limited to a run of 25 UNITS FOR EACH COLOR. Egad!!!!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 6 2013, 08:37 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 6 2013, 08:09 AM) *
Egad!!!!

That means E- bastard in serbian smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 6 2013, 10:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
Looks really nice! I don't as such see it as stealing from people. People are free to choose not to buy the guitar. No one forces them. But it might give people who missed the first round a chance to get one if they want. Or upgrade if it has new and better specs.

I'm not sure joining GMC again has done anything good for me! I'm starting to want new instruments again! laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 6 2013, 03:06 PM
Learning Roadie
The Fender Tele I bought in 1989 would cost me over double now to buy

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2013, 07:30 PM
I don't think anyone posted they were "stealing" from people did they? I did mention the need to sell an organ to buy one though smile.gif Only 25 of each and Japan only, they will be quite rare and thus the price is likely to spike up quick. I hope a few make it to the states smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 6 2013, 05:57 AM) *
Looks really nice! I don't as such see it as stealing from people. People are free to choose not to buy the guitar. No one forces them. But it might give people who missed the first round a chance to get one if they want. Or upgrade if it has new and better specs.

I'm not sure joining GMC again has done anything good for me! I'm starting to want new instruments again! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 11 2013, 11:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 11 2013, 08:30 PM) *
I don't think anyone posted they were "stealing" from people did they? I did mention the need to sell an organ to buy one though smile.gif Only 25 of each and Japan only, they will be quite rare and thus the price is likely to spike up quick. I hope a few make it to the states smile.gif

Todd

Slavenko did. I think that was who I meant to reply to laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2013, 11:57 PM
Ahh wink.gif Gotcha. While the prices are probably not going to be cheap given the limited run, hopefully they won't be sticking guns at folks to buy them smile.gif Maybe Slavenko knows of some secret Ibanez strong arm plans? They would not have to twist my arm very far to get me to buy one wink.gif Provided I had that kind of scratch laying about. I'm really hoping that patience will out. Someday one of them, used, will find it's way to the southern shores and I"ll happen by it wink.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 11 2013, 06:37 PM) *
Slavenko did. I think that was who I meant to reply to laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 12 2013, 12:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2013, 12:57 AM) *
Ahh wink.gif Gotcha. While the prices are probably not going to be cheap given the limited run, hopefully they won't be sticking guns at folks to buy them smile.gif Maybe Slavenko knows of some secret Ibanez strong arm plans? They would not have to twist my arm very far to get me to buy one wink.gif Provided I had that kind of scratch laying about. I'm really hoping that patience will out. Someday one of them, used, will find it's way to the southern shores and I"ll happen by it wink.gif

Todd

If I had the money, I would definitely buy one - besides first and foremost probably an 8-string.

I have already cut down on my guitar collection. I had 9 guitars at one point or so, but given the fact that I almost never played them for various reasons, I sold a bunch of them. Used the money to pay rent and for a DSLR camera. Think I'm down to 5 guitars now. Joining GMC again and practicing again has given me a case of GAS again.

Is that still a word? GAS? Gear acquisition syndrome? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2013, 09:20 PM
Gear Addiction/Acquisition Syndrome is alive and well smile.gif It hits us all!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 11 2013, 07:03 PM) *
If I had the money, I would definitely buy one - besides first and foremost probably an 8-string.

I have already cut down on my guitar collection. I had 9 guitars at one point or so, but given the fact that I almost never played them for various reasons, I sold a bunch of them. Used the money to pay rent and for a DSLR camera. Think I'm down to 5 guitars now. Joining GMC again and practicing again has given me a case of GAS again.

Is that still a word? GAS? Gear acquisition syndrome? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 13 2013, 08:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2013, 10:20 PM) *
Gear Addiction/Acquisition Syndrome is alive and well smile.gif It hits us all!

I feel it's grasp on me again now that I'm back practicing guitar, even if it's only been a week or so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 13 2013, 08:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
Looks really nice, and that is a really good price!

If you live here in Australia, you'd know how expensive the guitars are generally...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 16 2013, 10:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 13 2013, 09:43 AM) *
Looks really nice, and that is a really good price!

If you live here in Australia, you'd know how expensive the guitars are generally...

It's the same here in Denmark. Everything's so darn expensive!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:26 PM