"every Rose Has Its Thorn" Tone
Brandon Earman
Sep 29 2009, 04:25 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC, I hope this is the right forum to post tone questions in. I was wondering if anyone knew the way C.C. DeVille of Poison achieved the sweet and edgy tone in the "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" solos. It can't be too much I figure, but if anyone had it pin pointed I would appreciate it.

For anyone wanting a quick reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIKPGVTwEY

Thanks in advance.

-Brandon Earman

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 29 2009, 09:10 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (earman @ Sep 29 2009, 05:25 AM) *
Hey GMC, I hope this is the right forum to post tone questions in. I was wondering if anyone knew the way C.C. DeVille of Poison achieved the sweet and edgy tone in the "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" solos. It can't be too much I figure, but if anyone had it pin pointed I would appreciate it.

For anyone wanting a quick reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIKPGVTwEY

Thanks in advance.

-Brandon Earman

I'm not sure, but CC rocks biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 29 2009, 12:23 PM
Instructor
That video is not available in my country, could you please provide a mirror link? THanks

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 29 2009, 02:05 PM
Instructor
I just found and listened to the song (thanks for Jafo, thanks man! smile.gif ). The solo has lots of overdrive and uses some light space. I'm not sure what guitar amp was used there, but I'm pretty sure you can get very similar results with amp modeling, you just have to tweak the presets a bit and listen to how it sounds. Start with Marshall and Mesa heads, and tweak the EQ until you get it right. Don't put too much overdrive in the beginning, just go slow and constantly go back and forth between your preset and the actual sound.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Sep 29 2009, 02:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks a lot Ivan, I'll have to try that out as soon as I get a Pod Studio GX!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:32 AM