Singing (how To Match Your Voice With The Guitar), I need to learn the basics of how to match my singing with the instrum
Alice
Sep 26 2007, 11:00 PM
GMC:er
Hi everyone,
My name is Alice, and I'm a 17 year old girl from Sweden. I have played the guitar for a couple of years now and been a member here on GMC for about two months. Recently I have started to feel like I've learned enough to begun making my own songs, so a couple of weeks ago I started to experiment with putting music to lyrics I've written. I've got the basic chord,-pitch,-octave-etc. -knowledge down, but I have absolutely no idea how to make sure that my voice sounds good together with the scale I've chosen to play the song in, and how to correct this if it sounds like sh*t.

As far as my knowledge goes, you have to match your singing with the scale and octave you're playing in, but how do you know what octave you're singing in? I'm worried that I'm going to end up writing a "song" where my singing totally clashes(or atleast doesn't sound good) with the guitar, so I would be really grateful if someone could give me some advice and cover the basics of how to match your voice with the instruments for me.
xXXAlicexXx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 27 2007, 06:53 PM
GMC:er
Well one way would be recording yourself singing alongside the scale, and hearing if you need to alter you'r pitch, octave etc.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Oct 1 2007, 12:02 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Alice @ Sep 26 2007, 11:00 PM) *
Hi everyone,
My name is Alice, and I'm a 17 year old girl from Sweden. I have played the guitar for a couple of years now and been a member here on GMC for about two months. Recently I have started to feel like I've learned enough to begun making my own songs, so a couple of weeks ago I started to experiment with putting music to lyrics I've written. I've got the basic chord,-pitch,-octave-etc. -knowledge down, but I have absolutely no idea how to make sure that my voice sounds good together with the scale I've chosen to play the song in, and how to correct this if it sounds like sh*t.

As far as my knowledge goes, you have to match your singing with the scale and octave you're playing in, but how do you know what octave you're singing in? I'm worried that I'm going to end up writing a "song" where my singing totally clashes(or atleast doesn't sound good) with the guitar, so I would be really grateful if someone could give me some advice and cover the basics of how to match your voice with the instruments for me.
xXXAlicexXx

Hi Alice! Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

I'm Luciana, I'm from Argentina and I'm a singer teacher here in GMC. I've been doing some lessons for guitarists to matching your singing and your guitar with some scales. I don't know if you have seen them, probably could help you...
And you can ask me in my personal board whatever you want... (in ask your teacher)

Luciana

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:28 PM