Whammy-bar Harmonics?
heavenly_spin
Jun 21 2008, 03:39 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys,
This morning I had a look at one of Kris' vids about whammy-bar harmonics, and I gotta say I'm so into it smile.gif
But when I tried the way I was instructed, it didn't work. huh.gif I remember Kris talking about the 'whipping motion' on the string, which involves releasing the string in time so that it will not touch the fret... I whipped the string, but it either sounded too weak or didn't sound at all.
I know I did something wrong, but I couldn't figure it out. Could anyone please explain how the process works?

Thanks a lot smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by heavenly_spin: Jun 22 2008, 03:15 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
heavenly_spin
Jun 23 2008, 03:07 AM
Could anyone please give me some tips? sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 23 2008, 12:01 PM
This is just a quick Google search:
whammy bar harmonics

I wish I could help you out, but I have so many techniques to grok.. wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 23 2008, 12:07 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Just so you can get started- just pick a natural harmonic ( https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...ural-harmonics/ go to video 3)

Then just pull up on the bar.

After that, you might try this:

Pull off of the G string (literally grab it and release)

Dive down the whammy bar

Start to bring the whammy back up, and with the left hand tap where a harmonic is found

Then add lots of vibrato with the whammy bar.

+Quote Post
heavenly_spin
Jun 24 2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks a lot, man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:05 PM