Anyone Played Rage? Xbox/pc?
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2015, 03:04 AM
GMC:er
I forgot how fun and how gory in parts it is. HUGE game took four xbox discs!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
dcz702
Jun 28 2015, 03:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 28 2015, 02:04 AM) *

Attached Image

i have a xb1 but i havent played it, dont play much xb1 anymore, my dog took that time away laugh.gif
i played battelfield when i played, and im looking foward to star wars battlefront

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 29 2015, 10:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 28 2015, 02:04 AM) *

Attached Image

I never have played that game... I thought it might be too meandering. I've never been into the post apocalyptic type deal... but then again I played Metro earlier this year and love it so maybe I should give it a splash.

I'm currently into Doom 3. All the excitement about the upcoming Doom made me grab it off Amazon. It's the original Xbox version which I'm running on my 360. I haven't made the leap to next gen yet. Too poor laugh.gif

Best games I've played over the last few months:

Wolfenstein New Order
Tomb Raider
Remember Me (overlooked and very good)
Singularity (also overlooked and very good)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2015, 01:40 PM
This is XBOX360 smile.gif The game is half a decade old at this point but the underlying game engine is still being used to make games!! The new WOLFENSTEIN is built on the same game engine.

I saw BATTLEFRONT and I hadn't even thought about buying a new console in forever as I hate spending money on stuff that's not GEAR but it looked so darn cool I may have to do it. smile.gif

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 27 2015, 10:47 PM) *
i have a xb1 but i havent played it, dont play much xb1 anymore, my dog took that time away laugh.gif
i played battelfield when i played, and im looking foward to star wars battlefront

I would compare it to METRO which I LOVED but with more variety. It's packed with a variety of combat and play. Not just running around the wasteland.

I really want to pay the new WOLFENSTEIN which is built using the SAME GAME ENGINE as RAGE smile.gif

I"m still on the 360 myself smile.gif I am hoping the new one gets really cheap at some point as I just can't bear spending guitar money on a console. But I'd spend cheap stomp box money on one!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 29 2015, 05:29 AM) *
I never have played that game... I thought it might be too meandering. I've never been into the post apocalyptic type deal... but then again I played Metro earlier this year and love it so maybe I should give it a splash.

I'm currently into Doom 3. All the excitement about the upcoming Doom made me grab it off Amazon. It's the original Xbox version which I'm running on my 360. I haven't made the leap to next gen yet. Too poor laugh.gif

Best games I've played over the last few months:

Wolfenstein New Order
Tomb Raider
Remember Me (overlooked and very good)
Singularity (also overlooked and very good)

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 29 2015, 01:41 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 29 2015, 02:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've never played it, as I've always been more of a Playstation kinda guy than Xbox. But it sounds cool!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2015, 10:23 PM
It's a great game smile.gif If you ever get a chance, give it a whirl!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 29 2015, 09:09 AM) *
I've never played it, as I've always been more of a Playstation kinda guy than Xbox. But it sounds cool!

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 29 2015, 11:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 29 2015, 09:23 PM) *

I played Rage for xbox360 but by the looks of it - the one I played was a completely different game with the same name dry.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jul 2 2015, 10:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
Great game played it on PS3 smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 2 2015, 02:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 29 2015, 10:23 PM) *

I have been thinking about getting an Xbox to play Witcher 2 on, so I can actually get that completed. Though I'm struggling to complete any games these days. I got Witcher 3 for my PS4, but I've only played like 10 hours of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2015, 06:16 PM
SAME GAME!! smile.gif Did you play it all the way through? It's possible you just forgot about this level. It's the one where you have to go clean out the water supply for the town. The bad guys have filled the well with bodies sad.gif

Here is a playthrough of that level. The well is about 11:16 in

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 29 2015, 06:31 PM) *
I played Rage for xbox360 but by the looks of it - the one I played was a completely different game with the same name dry.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 2 2015, 06:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Watched some of the playthrough. I'm not sure it's my kind of game. I'm not much of a fan of first person shooters actually.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 2 2015, 08:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Flashback!!! biggrin.gif

It was indeed a great game!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 2 2015, 09:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What are the most epic/must play games on xbox 360? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2015, 10:41 PM
GREAT QUESTION!

IMHO
1.)BIOSHOCK 1
2.)BIOSHOCK INFINITE
3.)RAGE

anyone else?

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 2 2015, 04:56 PM) *

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 3 2015, 03:11 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 2 2015, 09:41 PM) *
GREAT QUESTION!

IMHO
1.)BIOSHOCK 1
2.)BIOSHOCK INFINITE
3.)RAGE

anyone else?

I agree - I would personally add Elder Scroll Oblivion as well as Skyrim and Singularity (a very under rated game in my opinion) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 3 2015, 08:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 2 2015, 08:56 PM) *

Tomb Raider (2013 reboot)
Wolfenstein the New Order
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Hitman Absolution
Remember Me
Singularity (better than Bioshock)
Sniper Elite III
Max Payne 3
Silent Hill Homecoming
Silent Hill Downpour
Dante's Inferno
Evil Within
Spec Ops The Line
Medal of Honour (2010)

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jul 3 2015, 02:11 AM) *
Skyrim and Singularity (a very under rated game in my opinion) biggrin.gif

Damn right. I've never been into sci-fi type stuff but I've mellowed in recent years and so I'm glad I gave Singularity a spin - what a game!

Of course, Skyrim needs no explanation

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 2 2015, 09:41 PM) *
GREAT QUESTION!

IMHO
1.)BIOSHOCK 1
2.)BIOSHOCK INFINITE

I've only played Infinite and I really didn't gel with it at all. I was waiting for the game to end so I could get on with something else. I didn't have any issues with the gameplay mechanics, I just didn't particularly enjoy the setting and atmosphere. It seems I'm in the minority though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 3 2015, 02:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 3 2015, 09:28 AM) *
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Hitman Absolution
Remember Me
Sniper Elite III
Max Payne 3
Silent Hill Homecoming
Silent Hill Downpour
Dante's Inferno
Evil Within
Spec Ops The Line
Medal of Honour (2010)

Damn right. I've never been into sci-fi type stuff but I've mellowed in recent years and so I'm glad I gave Singularity a spin - what a game!

I've only played Infinite and I really didn't gel with it at all. I was waiting for the game to end so I could get on with something else. I didn't have any issues with the gameplay mechanics, I just didn't particularly enjoy the setting and atmosphere. It seems I'm in the minority though smile.gif

I could never quite get into Bioshock either, so you're not alone! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2015, 06:31 PM
Did you play BIOSHOCK 1? If not, infinite would probably seem tedious. It's a long narrative that all builds over the entire series. So the third one is the final chapter. Without the first one it might not make much sense. sad.gif

WOLFENSTEIN THE NEW ORDER
I should have added that!! The most fun I've had in quite some time on a game. It's built on the same game engine as RAGE smile.gif So there are lots of similarities in the game play.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 3 2015, 03:28 AM) *
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Hitman Absolution
Remember Me
Sniper Elite III
Max Payne 3
Silent Hill Homecoming
Silent Hill Downpour
Dante's Inferno
Evil Within
Spec Ops The Line
Medal of Honour (2010)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 3 2015, 07:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 3 2015, 05:31 PM) *
Did you play BIOSHOCK 1? If not, infinite would probably seem tedious. It's a long narrative that all builds over the entire series. So the third one is the final chapter. Without the first one it might not make much sense. sad.gif

WOLFENSTEIN THE NEW ORDER
I should have added that!! The most fun I've had in quite some time on a game. It's built on the same game engine as RAGE smile.gif So there are lots of similarities in the game play.

I've seen a bit of gameplay of the first but even so, I'm not sure it's for me.. the whole series seems a bit too cartoony and twee..??

But Wolfie.. what a game. Old school shooter with fat, chunky weapons that actually take chunks out of your enemies. That's what it should feel like. Singularity has a similar feel as well. The weapons don't feel underpowered. Games are meant to be fun. Sometimes realism doesn't add to it, which I think is an issue with modern shooters.

In anticipation of a new DOOM I went and bought Doom 3 for the original Xbox and I'm part way through that - loving it!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2015, 08:56 PM
Different strokes smile.gif But there's a new WOLFENSTEIN game that looks killer!!!! I want to play that real bad smile.gif

I didn't expect to enjoy wolfie as much as I did but wow. Loved it. Played it through 3 times!!! once on each difficulty.

I liked doom 3 wink.gif Makes a good "sit down and play" game.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 3 2015, 02:38 PM) *
I've seen a bit of gameplay of the first but even so, I'm not sure it's for me.. the whole series seems a bit too cartoony and twee..??

But Wolfie.. what a game. Old school shooter with fat, chunky weapons that actually take chunks out of your enemies. That's what it should feel like. Singularity has a similar feel as well. The weapons don't feel underpowered. Games are meant to be fun. Sometimes realism doesn't add to it, which I think is an issue with modern shooters.

In anticipation of a new DOOM I went and bought Doom 3 for the original Xbox and I'm part way through that - loving it!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:28 AM