> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

12 Classic Repeating Rock Licks, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

mhskeide
Apr 21 2018, 06:37 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: 12 Classic Repeating Rock Licks by Guido Bungenstock

Finally managed the gruesome speed picking lick (not that hard, but I struggled with speed), and that made me so surprised I completely screwed up the order of the licks (you can see it pretty clearly on my face when I realize it). Hope that`s alright :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 23 2018, 09:33 AM
GMC Founder
Nice!

I think you have great precision in your picking. I also felt good energy and flow in this take.

Also, Guido's take is much more articulate. I think part of it has to do with the tone - so you might want to work on getting a brighter and less muddy tone like Guido.

There are some minor misses here and there but over all I think you did well here - you get an 7 from me.

One thing I would advise you to start thinking about, as you push your picking technique to new heights - is to tap the foot and try to lock your picking in with the groove. This is crucial for rhythmic control in the higher tempos, especially if you want to get more adventurous and use your picking for odd number licks and improvising.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2018, 04:34 AM
Instructor
Hi again!

Great job with these licks! Your playing is tight in most of them. There are some little timing issues here and there, and some of them could sound more consistent with more practice.

These are the type of licks that never fail when improvising or soloing in a rock / metal situation so you must be able to play these perfectly every time you need it. These can't fail. That's why I think that it's not a bad idea to keep on practising these, and creating your own variations in order to feel more comfortable playing them. After some more weeks and maybe months, these will become, as Guthrie says, a second nature, and you won't have too think too much on technique when applying them.

Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 24 2018, 12:56 PM
Instructor
Great you take an inspiration on some classics - things we've all been through and hopefully all new, serious players will as well smile.gif
Your picking skills are very good and I bet it's just a matter of time spend on each lick in your own improvisations, to make it as fluent as Guido's performance. Kris has a great input here...in fast tempos you need to be somehow connected with the song timeline. Try to experiment with the "foot groove" thing. It's tru that at fast speeds we focus only on the accents and match them with strong beats of each bar.A little brighter tone would help your clarity but it needs to be brightened very carefully. There's a good and bad treble in tone. I'm afraid that this particular tone has a bad treble that you were trying to remove. Unfortunately you took some of the "breath" as well and that's why it sounds a little like under the cover.

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 27 2018, 07:49 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:45 AM