> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Slash Complete Style IV: Metal Solo , Lesson By Lucio Antolini
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

sidthekid
Apr 26 2018, 10:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Slash Complete Style IV: Metal Solo by Lucio Antolini

Slash's harmonic minor sound is so addictive, I just had to get this lesson down! Fingers get unpredictable in the fast part though :(

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 27 2018, 05:03 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

This lesson recreates Slash phrasing in a beautiful way. Good choice!!

You are doing the things well but there are some elements that need more work and focus in order to get the most of this lesson, as well as to play it perfectly.

- The first thing to re-check is your guitar tuning, or calibration. There are little pitch issues along the whole take except in some bends so this must be related to your guitar set up.

- You need to work on those half step bends. Some of them are perfect, but others are not reaching the correct pitch. Dedicate some time to play the target note and then bend to it. The "speed" of your bends is nice, it sounds tasty, very Slash/Beck style. Work on pitch.

- The faster patterns need more work in order to make them sound clearer, cleanner and tighter. Isolate both pattens, the descendent and ascendent and work over metronome or slower backing tracks as a loop to get more familiar with all those fingerings.

Ok, those are the most relevant things to work now. I hope to find a new take from you in some weeks.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 1 2018, 11:12 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

That's a really cool lesson you choose to go through. A little different than the others for sure. In thi take of yours there is generally one serious issue to fix. It's interesting because it's improportional to other of your skills. You can play quite clean (nice noise muting job). You have quite solid picking strength and you do not hesitate to hit the note. You weakest point at this moment is your vibrato. You bend the string and start to vibrate the note that has been pushed out of tune. Try to Full the string down and release it, instead of pushing it Also vibration mostly comes from the wrist not from the fingers. These are the problems that cause you vibrato to not be perfect yet. Please try to analyse this. There are even some lesson here at GMC that focus directly on this particular thing. Notice there are several ways to vibrate the notes so go through a few lesson to make yourself a reference.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 3 2018, 04:26 PM
GMC Founder
Very cool! Practicing this one will do wonders for your phrasing and melodic sense.

You have already come a long way in playing an expressive melody - and as pointed out you should really focus on vibrato now to take your playing to a new level.

Working on your mixing and recording skills will def also help convey a more professional impression. Currently it sounds like backing is being played in a different room. The lead sound has a very nice vibe to it - but is perhaps a bit dry (experiment with delay and reverb).

Cool - you get a 7 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
May 4 2018, 08:46 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:48 AM