> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Soaphead's Guitar Works, for gab's army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2013, 08:28 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Welcome to Gab's Army! My mentoring program. In this thread we will be working on guitar routines that will help you to master the instrument to be able to feel more comfortable to compose the music that your mind suggest.

I hope that you enjoy this workout! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
soaphead
Dec 19 2013, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
quote name='Gabriel Leopardi' date='Dec 12 2013, 02:28 PM' post='668127']
Hi friend! Welcome to Gab's Army! My mentoring program. In this thread we will be working on guitar routines that will help you to master the instrument to be able to feel more comfortable to compose the music that your mind suggest.

I hope that you enjoy this workout! smile.gif
[/quote]

Hi Gab,
like i told you in an early pm i am a keyboard player looking to learn to play guitar it will help in my music writing. i like all type of music but am drawn to metal because of the intense rhythm, power and speed. I like how the melody can be incorporated into the rhythm. here is a tune i wrote that i either played everything, programmed( keys and drums) except bass. but we are not looking at my keyboard playing but what level i am at with guitar. i will post what i am working on with my guitar. i hope i uploaded this right..

soap

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 20 2013, 03:03 AM
Instructor
Hi friend! You uploaded it perfectly and let me say that the composition is VERY interesting. I'm very curious to see / hear you playing guitar. You are talented and must have a very well trained ear, so the next step would be to work on some guitar technique and connect your mind with your guitar.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Dec 21 2013, 01:26 AM

Gab,
here is metal rhythm piece i am working on 80 BPM, shows where i am at with my alternate picking.
tell me what size video i should make this looks like it might be too big. biggrin.gif

soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2013, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the video!! You keep the tempo really good. I can note that your hands are a bit tensed while you play, try to relax your body and both arms while you play. Your right hand movement could be smoother if you add to your wrist motion some motion from your elbow. Here you can read some info about Alternate Picking: LINK.

I was thinking that we could start working on this lesson at first and then create a diary routine, what do you think?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Dec 22 2013, 11:05 PM
ok thanks i will work on it.. looks like just what i need to do

soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2013, 04:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (soaphead @ Dec 22 2013, 07:05 PM) *
ok thanks i will work on it.. looks like just what i need to do

soap

Great to read this. Looking forward your take. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Dec 24 2013, 12:05 AM
Hi Gab,
here is my first shot at 86 BPM, the tempo is right on the border for me, but i like the tempo. I tried to loosen up my right arm it's going to take a while.
messed up a little...

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 24 2013, 12:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, is it my computer or your video doesn't have audio?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Dec 27 2013, 02:27 AM
how about this one..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 27 2013, 06:14 PM
Instructor
no, there isn't sound here. Does it work in your computer? blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Dec 28 2013, 04:01 AM
yes

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2013, 04:34 PM
Instructor
I must have a quick time issue. I uploaded it to youtube (as private) and now I could hear it. If it's possible please share with me linkg from youtube. You can set them as unlisted if you don't want to publish them.

Your take is good, you are going on the right track with this lesson. It's still a bit inconsistent but more time of practice will help a lot. Sometimes your palm muting sounds a bit irregular but your timing is very close to perfection. It's time to continue practicing it to reach higher tempos.

Your tone sounds "too line style", what are you using to record?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Dec 29 2013, 04:34 PM
ok, i'll give youtube a shot..

i don't understand 'line sound', but i record with the webcam mic and in cubase same time, then i take video into cubase and replace audio with mix from cubase, i use amplitube 3 for guitar..
i don't like how my guitar sounds, it has the sustain but is a little 'mushy' not distinct especially with the next to last part on the A and D strings.
i need work on my palm muting i don't know if i am doing it right..it is not consistent sounding too much then not enough.. but i have you, the teacher of guitar too guide me biggrin.gif

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2013, 05:20 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. Yes! I'm here to help you so feel free to ask everything you need.

Regarding palm muting... I agree that it needs to be more precise and consistent. Check out this lesson (and all the explanations in the slow parts) and let me know if it clarifies the technique: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...29-Palm-Muting/

And now about your tone. You should get a much better sound with Amplitube 3, however somethimes it's difficult to avoid making it sound like a guitar connected by line (this means without a real amp and speaker, getting a very weak sound) and even more when you want a high drive sound. I think that you should experiment a bit more with the tone that you are creating. Using a "tube screamer" emulation in the Amplitube and setting the amp with less distortion has worked for me with software emulations. I think that you should continue experimenting with it, and maybe start from tone created by other guitarists.

interesting links:

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewforum.php?f=22

pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d5q07cek...presets+AT3.zip

Another thing that would help you is to avoid recording with your webcam's mic. You should record you guitar directly with a daw in you computer while you play and then sync your guitar and video. This will improve your sound drastically.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 1 2014, 07:30 PM
Gab,
Happy New Year!!

1. I worked on my sound in amplitube 3, see if i am going in the right direction.
2. I worked on my palm muting thanks for link, see if it improved.
3. the tempo is now BPM 99 little trouble going to d chord have to work on it..

see if this link works..
http://youtu.be/ewJ2iOj7N0o

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2014, 12:32 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Happy new year! Thanks for uploading it to youtube! Your tone is better on this one! I would add some more drive to the take but sounds more natural, and real. Your palm muting is more consistent now, and the problem that appears here is timing. I think that you should continue practicing it to feel more comfortable with the tempo. But you are on the right track! Well done! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 7 2014, 02:11 AM
Hi Gab,
hope all is well.. it's freezing up here, have to warm up my fingers..lol
here is latest
http://youtu.be/5gA3DybcbqY

worked on guitar sound some more, tell me if it is getting better or worse..
i think i am improving with the tempo.. let me know
palm muting is still a struggle but i am getting it..

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2014, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, my computer doesn't reproduce the video. Is there any problem with it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 7 2014, 11:07 PM
see if this works
http://youtu.be/wPztOk3RlEs

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:34 PM