cool.gif just want to share with you guys a few "videos"

Marty Friedman - Melodic Controle
length- 1:00:12

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5777562536751428345#

John Petrucci - Rock Discipline
length - 1:57:43

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8028331298186612048#

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
rhoads
Nov 18 2010, 01:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Rock discipline is the one that got me to make practice schedules and so on.

The other one is pretty cool too. I remember studying it.

Useful indeed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 18 2010, 03:58 PM
Instructor
thanks those are great vids to learn from

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 18 2010, 06:21 PM
Instructor
Rock discipline also made me wanna make more complex systems of practice, great advices from a great player. I definitely recommend it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Yozshura
Nov 19 2010, 07:01 PM
GMC:er
Thank you so much for linking those! smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 19 2010, 08:11 PM
QUOTE (Yozshura @ Nov 19 2010, 06:01 PM) *
Thank you so much for linking those! smile.gif

np biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 20 2010, 03:08 AM
Very cool advice from some very cool players. I hope they both eventually retire in to teaching and begin instructing and making lessons full time. Too often, great players don't have or make the time to pass on their knowledge. It's great to see these guys embracing teaching. Don't get me wrong I don't want them to stop playing! But maybe once they are not playing and touring constantly, then maybe they can come teach here! smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 21 2010, 10:24 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 20 2010, 02:08 AM) *
Very cool advice from some very cool players. I hope they both eventually retire in to teaching and begin instructing and making lessons full time. Too often, great players don't have or make the time to pass on their knowledge. It's great to see these guys embracing teaching. Don't get me wrong I don't want them to stop playing! But maybe once they are not playing and touring constantly, then maybe they can come teach here! smile.gif

Todd

indeed that would be great

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Nov 21 2010, 11:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great links man

Thanks for sharing

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Gary
Nov 22 2010, 07:47 AM
Great videos!!
Thanks very much for posting these.
Gary

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 22 2010, 10:11 AM
Instructor
2 classic instructional videos for sure ! smile.gif

Do you ever wonder how they prepare for making these videos ? Whether they have a lot of script or whether they just go 'Roll the camera!' then just talk..... I guess it's a bit of both. They know what they want to explain and they make basic notes and ad lib around it.

So I guess I've just answered my own question, haha... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2010, 07:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 22 2010, 10:11 AM) *
2 classic instructional videos for sure ! smile.gif

Do you ever wonder how they prepare for making these videos ? Whether they have a lot of script or whether they just go 'Roll the camera!' then just talk..... I guess it's a bit of both. They know what they want to explain and they make basic notes and ad lib around it.

So I guess I've just answered my own question, haha... wink.gif

Haha, you sure did! biggrin.gif

I was wondering the same thing. I guess they have some notes written before, at least that. But who knows, perhaps they have everything written (I would do it like this), and have professional reading machine (not sure how it is called..). Or they just come there, talk, and leave the editors to handle the (massive amounts of) bloopers biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
vampire18
Nov 24 2010, 09:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
i gotta say rock discpline is the most informative and great yet deadly boring video ive seen, i mean i had to see it in parts cause i kept falling asleep, its so monotnious

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 28 2010, 06:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Nov 24 2010, 09:24 PM) *
i gotta say rock discpline is the most informative and great yet deadly boring video ive seen, i mean i had to see it in parts cause i kept falling asleep, its so monotnious

That's true, lot's of old guitar schools from the 80ties are not that interesting to watch. They do have to be prepared a bit, and it depends a lot from the instructor, his diction and the way he can present information.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:05 AM