Sweeping lesson with new guest instructor pavel!!, Full shred by guitar maestro Pavel
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2007, 09:49 AM
GMC Founder
Sweeping video lesson

Well here it is - our first guest lesson in a long time... biggrin.gif

Also - I am sure Pavel would like to hear what your requests/wishes for upcoming lessons are!

Don't forget to keep track of the daily updates of the recent fusion lesson also.

Kris biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 15 2007, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Just thought it could be nice if i post a pic of myself so you know how do i look like, so it is not the guitar that is talking in my lessons biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

P.S. that's not my room! That's a friend's mess! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jan 15 2007, 10:59 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 15 2007, 12:45 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I will get to both the fusion lesson and the sweeping lesson this week I hope. But I've sneak peaked at them both and I almost can't wait biggrin.gif

Pavel, I watched the video and that sweeping was awesome! And how nice of you go give the guitar and fingers a face too smile.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 15 2007, 03:02 PM
GMC:er
Great lesson, really helped me with my sweeping. biggrin.gif Up till now I have only memorized all the minor and major arpeggio shapes, but after watching this lesson and learning the solo I'm gonna learn more and apply what I've learned from this lesson to those. Hope to see more from you! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 15 2007, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Cool!

More difficult stuff comming soon - 5-string arpeggio shapes!! smile.gif

I am glad you liked the lesson!!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Norven
Jan 15 2007, 10:04 PM
I would like a very advanced Sweep lesson with much tapping in. Those techniques are my favourites smile.gif

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 15 2007, 10:23 PM
QUOTE (Norven @ Jan 15 2007, 10:04 PM) *
I would like a very advanced Sweep lesson with much tapping in. Those techniques are my favourites smile.gif

heres a tip for you to make your own:
when you have chosen an arpeggio, try to visualize the inversion of that arpeggio in the same key in your head and just tap these notes after the sweep or something what you want. thats what pavel did in the example.

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Jan 15 2007, 10:24 PM

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 15 2007, 10:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Norven @ Jan 15 2007, 10:04 PM) *

You'll get it! I also love that stuff! Gimme some time and you'll get it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Norven
Jan 15 2007, 10:27 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jan 15 2007, 10:23 PM) *
heres a tip for you to make your own:
when you have chosen an arpeggio, try to visualize the inversion of that arpeggio in the same key in your head and just tap these notes after the sweep or something what you want. thats what pavel did in the example.

Yes I know:) I have done that very much.biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 15 2007, 10:23 PM) *
You'll get it! I also love that stuff! Gimme some time and you'll get it!

Sounds lovely. Can´t wait laugh.gif

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 16 2007, 05:58 AM
Why can't you get to this in Video Lessons? I bet a lot of people have not seen it because it is not clear to get. Great lesson by the way.

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 16 2007, 08:52 AM
What? It's in 101 lessons. huh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 16 2007, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Here is a short explanation about how to play sweeps with metronome. So i will include a separate part into my lessons devoted to playing with metronome.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Metronome.avi ( 6.08MB ) Number of downloads: 1357

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2007, 03:45 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 16 2007, 05:12 PM) *
Here is a short explanation about how to play sweeps with metronome. So i will include a separate part into my lessons devoted to playing with metronome.

Excellent idea to add this to every lesson - maybe the ending video of each lesson could be about that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 16 2007, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Yes we'll do that - 'cause sweeps are pretty tricky to play with metronome - yesterday i came up with a lick that has 29 notes per bar, so there are 6-tuplets, 7-tuplets and 32th notes included in one bar - nightmare to count!

That's why the last part will be playing lick with a metronome!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:31 PM