Is This Guitar Any Good, Thinking of bying it
superize
Jun 23 2008, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Just wanted to know from you people what you think of this guitar Ibanez RGR320ex

http://www.thomann.de/se/ibanez_rgr320exrbk.htm

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jun 23 2008, 09:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Well.. thats all i can tell you.. what i *THINK* about it.

i think it's looks pretty good, and ibanez do have some very good guitars under their belt.
However, i do think you should find somewhere to actually try it out.. how does it sound.. how does it feel in your hands.. how is the neck, weight and overall performance.. if you still like it after that, buy it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Jun 23 2008, 09:24 AM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 23 2008, 09:30 AM
Lets go fishing!
I like the guitar itself, but the pickups are are not that great. Members have bought guitars with similair pickups before and been disapointed, so try it out before you buy. I know thats always possible, but I would personally go for a model with the Infinity pickups at that price range smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2008, 09:42 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'll never buy a low end Ibanez again. I have a model called RG320 and I guess it's similar to yours.

The tremolo rests on knife edges on metal stands. On one side the knife edge has worn down like a low end plier would after cutting steel wire. Worst crap ever, and this after almost not even using the trem in the first place. I intended to use it but it went out of tune so quick I just had to let it be. And then still it wore down.

I had to stick wooden pieces in to lock up the trem completely, now it stays in tune fine.

It feels good to play though, I like it that way. And if there's a model without this cheap floating tremolo I'd go for that if I were you.

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jun 23 2008, 10:30 AM) *
go for a model with the Infinity pickups at that price range smile.gif

The INF3 and INF4 that came on my RG320 were really bad. Don't know why i even got that guitar with those pickups, probably the cheap price of the guitar. It's like listening to an angry swarm of bees. dry.gif

Undefined and fizzly

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 23 2008, 11:43 AM
GMC:er
RG350 is pretty good. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 23 2008, 02:38 PM
Instructor
It is a decent guitar for heavy metal, suitable for gigging, but not for studio recording. Good choice as a backup, or as an axe of choice of intermediate hobyst guitar player.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 24 2008, 12:23 AM
Instructor
The guitar is probably good for it's pricetag. But i have my doubts about those pickups. If you want a good EMG tone, then go for one with a 81/85 set or just change them out after you get the guitar.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 24 2008, 12:33 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I have that guitar xD...It's decent guitar for beginners or if you have good amps like myself and want to do some giggs with good sound...Pickups aren't so good but they're enough to pull a metal twisted sound. Unless you're looking for something cheap where you can play metal for a suitable price, not for recordings, I would suggest it, if not, than well...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
buttmonk
Jun 25 2008, 09:25 AM
GMC:er
Yo,

I just impulse bought an Ibanez ART120 (nuther topic about that), it is in same price range and made in China. Am pleasantly surprised by the build quality and sound. However, I have 2 grumbles: 1) The 3rd fret is slightly higher than the adjacent frets under strings 1 and 2 which causes fret buzz on these strings when fretting 2nd fret. Otherwise fretwork is good, I will get round to sorting this out myself at some point. 2) The nut slots are not cut low enough so action is a bit high up that end of the neck. Anyways, judging by what I have read and experienced first-hand, Ibanez axes are generally well made at this price point, but don't be surprised if the fret-work is not perfect, though of course it might be.

Rgds the pups, if they are no good, swap them out for something by BareKnucklePickups or Swineshead:)

Rgds the trem, guess you won't get better then Edge III unless you lay down significantly more cash and get a Prestige.

This post has been edited by buttmonk: Jun 25 2008, 09:26 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:01 AM