Nightwish Part Ways With Singer
Ben Higgins
Oct 1 2012, 04:41 PM
Instructor
again !! ohmy.gif

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode...wsitemID=180161

Just goes to show, even the bands who are 'doing well' still have their own problems behind closed doors. I wish them all the best in their next move. I personally enjoyed quite a bit of their material with both Tarja and Annette.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2012, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Again??? ohmy.gif However I admire how they never stop. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 1 2012, 10:45 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I hate this on an unfathomable level. I absolutely loved Annette. Rumors abound about Floor Jansen taking her place would not be terrible, her voice is one of the few on par with the likes of Tarja and Simone, easily on their level.

Still, I REALLY loved Annette.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2012, 11:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 1 2012, 06:45 PM) *
I hate this on an unfathomable level. I absolutely loved Annette. Rumors abound about Floor Jansen taking her place would not be terrible, her voice is one of the few on par with the likes of Tarja and Simone, easily on their level.

Still, I REALLY loved Annette.

I think that changes are never positive for a band... but I wish them all the best. I'm sure that they will continue delivering amazing music...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 2 2012, 12:15 AM
Change can be incredibly positive.

Paul Di'Anno to Bruce Dickinson, made their career for Iron Maiden.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2012, 12:25 AM
GMC:er
Egad! It sounds like she got really miffed when they played some shows without her using stand in vocalists. But as they say "The Show Must Go On". The show is just more important than any single member of any given band IMHO. If I"ve paid for my ticket, and schlepped it out to the venue, I want to see a show even with some lineup changes if need be. THe other option is to cancel the show which IMHO just seems unfair/wrong in terms of the fans. I was at a Metallica show a few years ago and all three opening bands played, then the bass player came out and said Metallica would not be playing, sorry. Tickets were $75 bux a pop and zero warning. sad.gif

Of course, others may say the exact opposite and be well within their rights smile.gif But as far as I"m concerned, The Show Must Go On.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 1 2012, 11:41 AM) *
again !! ohmy.gif

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode...wsitemID=180161

Just goes to show, even the bands who are 'doing well' still have their own problems behind closed doors. I wish them all the best in their next move. I personally enjoyed quite a bit of their material with both Tarja and Annette.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 2 2012, 03:46 AM
Depends, I paid $50 for Nightwish both times I saw them. While its cool that Floor is singing, its not what I paid for. I completely understand Annette, I am guessing had she just been included in the decision it would of been fine. She just felt left out I suppose.

I really hope though I see Annette somewhere else, I love her voice.

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
Oct 2 2012, 04:19 AM
Instructor
Never been a Nightwish fan, but this changes are interesting)
Looking forward to listen them with Floor Jansen)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 2 2012, 07:21 AM
Instructor
I also really liked Annette's voice - very pure smile.gif

I was surprised at her behaviour by posting her thoughts so publicly. Surely everybody and their dog these days knows that you jut don't air your annoyances towards your bandmates in public.

What surprises me the most though is the fact that everybody already seems to know who this Floor woman is ! I've never heard of her ! tongue.gif

I don't think there was anything wrong with what the band did though.. they salvaged a bad situation and gave the fans at least something. It's also true that a band have the right to cancel. It's not like they absolutely had to do it.. but they did some quick decision making (which is never easy.) and the people who saw the show got something very unique and special, even if it was unexpected.

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 2 2012, 07:24 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2012, 04:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 1 2012, 08:15 PM) *
Change can be incredibly positive.

Paul Di'Anno to Bruce Dickinson, made their career for Iron Maiden.

It's true... smile.gif but I was thinking on changes once a band is really big, not at their beginnings... I feel that changing a singer in a band is like changing the band... I would change the band's name, but just my opinion!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Oct 2 2012, 07:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ah.. that sucks... I never liked Nightwish... till they had Annette.... I don't like Tarja... and yeah.. Floor's voice... I'm unsure about... leaning towards not really a fan. Annette's the only real reason I got into "nightwish"....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 4 2012, 05:36 AM
Instructor
It seems that this won't be a problem... first concert with Floor:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 4 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 4 2012, 05:36 AM) *
It seems that this won't be a problem... first concert with Floor:

Sounds pretty good, if you can get past the bad singing in the crowd !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 4 2012, 03:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 4 2012, 05:25 AM) *
Sounds pretty good, if you can get past the bad singing in the crowd !! tongue.gif

hahaha yeah, there are some dangerous moments... tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:45 PM