2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Man, The Myth, The Cael, Homage to Caelumamittendum / Benjamin
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 4 2021, 10:49 AM
GMC Founder
To many of us, Cael needs no introduction...

Attached Image

Admittedly this was a while back though - more specifically you are looking at 14 year old Cael 😍

However as his beard grew, so did his musical skills! Here you can see one of his first GMC progress videos, from 2013 with Cosmin:

Fast forward to 2017 - and you can see he started developing jamming chops as well as a new level of technique and precision:

Just this progress would have been more than enough reason to celebrate. However one of the things that intrigues me with Cael is his constant strive for improvement. And most importantly, he is not afraid of expanding his search beyond the boundaries of his perceived limitations. He believes in his ability to acquire new areas of expertise. He goes all in - and BAM he does it. Let me show you what I mean -

In 2015 he started Gabriel's composition workouts:

Here you can hear the embryo of his song writing skills. It's obviously raw & instrumental - but it is packed with hooks and motivic development. Or as we say in the business - killer riffs!

Fast forward to 2021...

If you are in a hurry, listen from 00:55 - where Cael clearly shows us that if his song needs singing - he will learn to sing!

-----

Now the reason we enjoy hanging out with Cael is not just because of his amazing progress that inspires us all, or his killer song writing ideas which has sparked several GMC collaborations.

No, it's actually for egotistical reasons - we enjoy Caels company so much. Constantly positive - Cael spreads a vibe that makes the GMC forum a better place, every day.

So Cael - thanks so much for being around. I am pretty sure you have inspired more people than we know about - and I know many more are to come. You are a Legend at GMC.

Keep doing what you do ❤️

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 4 2021, 11:31 AM
GMC:er

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 4 2021, 11:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you for this post, Kris! It gave me a huge smile from one ear to the other ear, as we say here in Denmark!

I have been here since 2008! Almost 13 years now! Wow, time flies in good company!

Working with Gabriel, Todd, Cosmin and for a bit Pedja as well gave me a huge boost and has helped me a lot smile.gif Same goes for just being around all you lovely people at GMC.

I hope the community can continue to exist for many years!

If you guys have any questions in relation to my journey here, the compositions or just anything, just ask and I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities biggrin.gif

On a sidenote I would love to see the Creativity Workout start again. This is where that song from 2015 is from: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...amp;mode=linear

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 4 2021, 12:31 PM) *

Just a heads up, Mertay. The image is not showing up and is giving me a warning from AVG, I think ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jun 4 2021, 11:51 AM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 4 2021, 11:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
Most of us considerate Ben a great friend and a truly awesome musician. I really enjoy his work.
What I admire at him is the fact that he constantly develop his skills on all the areas: composition, guitar technique, singing, video editing, etc. Always he come with something new.

I love the fact that he is very demanding with himself but that is what made him reach such a high level.
Also, if anyone has a problem he always it's ready to help and has good words for each of us. smile.gif

Ben you are not only an amazing musician but also an amazing person!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 4 2021, 11:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jun 4 2021, 12:54 PM) *
Most of us considerate Ben a great friend and a truly awesome musician. I really enjoy his work.
What I admire at him is the fact that he constantly develop his skills on all the areas: composition, guitar technique, singing, video editing, etc. Always he come with something new.

I love the fact that he is very demanding with himself but that is what made him reach such a high level.
Also, if anyone has a problem he always it's ready to help and has good words for each of us. smile.gif

Ben you are not only an amazing musician but also an amazing person!!! smile.gif

This post also gives me a huge smile! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Monica! I know you push yourself very hard to become better, and that is an inspiration to all of us! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Jun 4 2021, 02:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome journey, Cael. And great playing, just fantastic. Here's to many more years at GMC. Cheers ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2021, 03:52 PM
Instructor
That's a beautiful recognition Kris!! I can't agree more with everything you said about legendary Cael.

I've been following and getting inspired from his progress as guitarist, composer, musician, arranger, singer, since the beginnings of GMC times. He has no limits, and he is always trying to evolve as an artist.

And besides that, and what's even more important, he is a beautiful person, with a big heart.

Thanks for your friendship & inspiration mate. Let's continue making music!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 4 2021, 07:52 AM) *
On a sidenote I would love to see the Creativity Workout start again. This is where that song from 2015 is from: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...amp;mode=linear

That's a very cool idea! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 4 2021, 04:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (FreePizza @ Jun 4 2021, 03:54 PM) *
Awesome journey, Cael. And great playing, just fantastic. Here's to many more years at GMC. Cheers ! smile.gif

Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy 13 years here same as I have enjoyed the last 13 years smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 4 2021, 04:52 PM) *
That's a beautiful recognition Kris!! I can't agree more with everything you said about legendary Cael.

I've been following and getting inspired from his progress as guitarist, composer, musician, arranger, singer, since the beginnings of GMC times. He has no limits, and he is always trying to evolve as an artist.

And besides that, and what's even more important, he is a beautiful person, with a big heart.

Thanks for your friendship & inspiration mate. Let's continue making music!

That's a very cool idea! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Gabriel! I really appreciate it smile.gif

And yes, I've been meaning to ask about the creativity workout and whether it could be a thing again maybe!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jun 4 2021, 05:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
You can't go wrong with Scandinavians biggrin.gif

Congrats Cael!

As a present you deserve at least one year of GMC subscription ( wink.gif wink.gif Kris)

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 4 2021, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jun 4 2021, 05:55 PM) *

Congrats Cael!

As a present you deserve at least one year of GMC subscription ( wink.gif wink.gif Kris)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
True!!!.

Haven't forgot the time you helped me figure out the some songwritting in guitar pro!
Forever grateful. cool.gif

I really hope you find fulfillment in your music journey.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jun 4 2021, 06:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice Cael and an inspirational Journey you made.
I really dig your compositions and you are real kind smile.gif
Have a nice weekend

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 4 2021, 06:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nice one Kris,

Ben is 100% heart and an amazing composer and player. He's always ready to help anyone and works hard not just at his music but his personal stuff too.

I've had many long chats with Ben, he has an amazing attitude to music and life, one thing he did for me really touched my heart and soul, my wife and I watched with tears running down our cheeks.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59963
https://youtu.be/lvLexsZL-2A

Thanks for being here Ben, and above all, thank you for being you smile.gif

Take care

Stay safe

Peace and love to you my friend

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 4 2021, 07:24 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 4 2021, 07:15 PM
Yeah man, you inspired that entire last collab!
It never would have happened if you hadn't posted those cool 'open' chords.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 4 2021, 08:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jun 4 2021, 06:55 PM) *

Congrats Cael!

Aw, thank you, Steve smile.gif

Only thing Kris should give me is a promise that GMC will be around for a long time!

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 4 2021, 07:03 PM) *
True!!!.

Haven't forgot the time you helped me figure out the some songwritting in guitar pro!

I hope and wish that I can help more in the future smile.gif I do sometimes think about setting up some sort of thread for stuff like that, but sometimes I do struggle with consistency and motivation, but it's definitely in my mind! smile.gif

Thank you for the kind words biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tflava @ Jun 4 2021, 07:40 PM) *
Very nice Cael and an inspirational Journey you made.
I really dig your compositions and you are real kind smile.gif
Have a nice weekend

Thanks for the kind words biggrin.gif I look forward to seeing and hearing more of your songs, jams and all those things!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 4 2021, 07:43 PM) *
Nice one Kris,

Ben is 100% heart and an amazing composer and player. He's always ready to help anyone and works hard not just at his music but his personal stuff too.

I've had many long chats with Ben, he has an amazing attitude to music and life, one thing he did for me really touched my heart and soul, my wife and I watched with tears running down our cheeks.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59963
https://youtu.be/lvLexsZL-2A

Thanks for being here Ben, and above all, thank you for being you smile.gif

Take care

Stay safe

Peace and love to you my friend

Phil

I often think about you, Phil. Not in a weird way, mind you! But you're like that cozy chair that's been around a long time and you can't get rid of it, cause it just feels right it being there in the living room. That is if GMC was a living room. You belong on GMC! And I love following your journey. I've said before that I often read through your thread smile.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed that video! smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 4 2021, 08:15 PM) *
Yeah man, you inspired that entire last collab!
It never would have happened if you hadn't posted those cool 'open' chords.

Sometimes I get lucky and find some cool chords laugh.gif Maybe I inspired it, but you and Kris did a lot of the hard work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 4 2021, 08:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 4 2021, 08:34 PM) *
I often think about you, Phil. Not in a weird way, mind you! But you're like that cozy chair that's been around a long time and you can't get rid of it, cause it just feels right it being there in the living room. That is if GMC was a living room. You belong on GMC! And I love following your journey. I've said before that I often read through your thread smile.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed that video! smile.gif

Aw thanks buddy, that video was two and a half years ago almost, I'll never forget it. I read your comments earlier and had a tear in my eye rolleyes.gif I just read it out to my wife and she had to get a tissue, I said "why are you crying?", she said "because it was nice, he's a lovely man" wub.gif

Bless you my friend.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 4 2021, 09:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2021, 10:32 PM
SUPER CONGRATS and well deserved recognition. I've been impressed with CAEL's playing since day one and I"m happy to call him a friend. He is the first friend I've ever had in Denmark and I have GMC to thank for that. I've been so impressed by his playing that I've invited him to do several collabs with me over the years here at gmc and I have loved all of them. He is not only a fine player, but also a fine song writer and producer! He would often completely write, arrange, produce and pre mix a track and just leave some gaps for me to solo in and bam it's a collab!!

Im very proud to call him a friend and proud that he is part of the GMC family.

This is our most recent collab and one of my faves of all time with him. I hope to do many more!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 4 2021, 11:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 4 2021, 11:32 PM) *
SUPER CONGRATS and well deserved recognition. I've been impressed with CAEL's playing since day one and I"m happy to call him a friend. He is the first friend I've ever had in Denmark and I have GMC to thank for that. I've been so impressed by his playing that I've invited him to do several collabs with me over the years here at gmc and I have loved all of them. He is not only a fine player, but also a fine song writer and producer! He would often completely write, arrange, produce and pre mix a track and just leave some gaps for me to solo in and bam it's a collab!!

Im very proud to call him a friend and proud that he is part of the GMC family.

This is our most recent collab and one of my faves of all time with him. I hope to do many more!!

Thanks, Todd! You are a great friend, and I've enjoyed your bootcamp and quick licks a lot, not to mention the webcam sessions that I thought were great! And then of course the collabs we have done smile.gif It's amazing what can be done over the internet, given that we live half way around the world from each other smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 5 2021, 01:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Inspiring stuff !! Cael's da man \m/

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 6 2021, 04:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (zen @ Jun 5 2021, 02:48 AM) *
Inspiring stuff !! Cael's da man \m/

Thanks, Zen! I appreciate being able to inspire people! I've checked out your YouTube channel and you have so many good videos!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jun 6 2021, 09:45 AM
Learning Tone Master
Together we are stronger biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 4 2021, 05:03 PM) *
True!!!.

This post has been edited by Steve Gilfield: Jun 6 2021, 09:46 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:46 AM