Happy Friday Night :)
SirJamsalot
Sep 27 2014, 07:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
While the rest of my city is out partying on this Friday night, I'm sitting alone in my studio through the wee hours of the evening practicing and recording. I absolutely love the solitude, but it makes me ponder ~ the greatest musicians look like party animals, doing shows and whipping up crowds, but I bet show nights are the only nights they actually get out - the rest of the time is one on one with their instrument. Anyone else relate? Just wondering.

Happy Friday night!
Sir Jamsalot!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 27 2014, 08:25 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Sep 27 2014, 07:24 AM) *
While the rest of my city is out partying on this Friday night, I'm sitting alone in my studio through the wee hours of the evening practicing and recording.

I dont know about the average rock star's usual friday night but yours sounds absolutely awesome to me smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Spock
Sep 27 2014, 08:34 AM
GMC:er
I was in bed by 8 last night.

But yes I can understand what you're talking about. My friend's band is a touring band, but when they're not on the road, they just stay at home or the practice room. I was the same way back when we played clubs, except some weekend nights I would go see another band, but I was younger then and more social - I'm a homebody now myself, and just enjoy being at home - I get energized being by myself.

Saturday is my favorite day, I'm home alone, the wife is at work. I always say it's a day I have nothing to do, but I always do a lot of something. I get most my guitar playing done on weekends. This weekend I'm looking forward in sitting in on Todd's classes to see if I can learn a lick or two - even if not up to speed, also going to visit a friend and hear his new Orange amp rig - he says it goes with his Zach Myers PRS like peanut butter and chocolate.

Funny how rigs/guitars work out. His Fender Strat sounds best played through his Fender amp and his Les Paul best through his Mesa Boogie.

It's a beautiful little setup though, I can't wait to feel it...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 27 2014, 09:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
I bar tend and manage a pub, I'm serving a lot of those crazy guys smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Mith
Sep 27 2014, 09:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
man alot of the time I'm like i could go out or I could get this guitar lick under my fingers. I totally love having my own company. but when I go out I try and make it count. I also look at it the I can be like "hey if I stay in this weekend I can get that new guitar/amp sooner" and then I stay in playing on that. its a vicious cycle.

Tho in saying that I'm going out tonight. Some girl bought me tickets to her burlesque show. its a tough life having to drink free booze and watch girls take their clothes off but someone has to do it.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 29 2014, 05:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mith @ Sep 27 2014, 01:39 AM) *
man alot of the time I'm like i could go out or I could get this guitar lick under my fingers. I totally love having my own company. but when I go out I try and make it count. I also look at it the I can be like "hey if I stay in this weekend I can get that new guitar/amp sooner" and then I stay in playing on that. its a vicious cycle.

Tho in saying that I'm going out tonight. Some girl bought me tickets to her burlesque show. its a tough life having to drink free booze and watch girls take their clothes off but someone has to do it.

takin' one for the team... good man lol

QUOTE (Spock @ Sep 27 2014, 12:34 AM) *
I was in bed by 8 last night.

But yes I can understand what you're talking about. My friend's band is a touring band, but when they're not on the road, they just stay at home or the practice room. I was the same way back when we played clubs, except some weekend nights I would go see another band, but I was younger then and more social - I'm a homebody now myself, and just enjoy being at home - I get energized being by myself.

Saturday is my favorite day, I'm home alone, the wife is at work. I always say it's a day I have nothing to do, but I always do a lot of something. I get most my guitar playing done on weekends. This weekend I'm looking forward in sitting in on Todd's classes to see if I can learn a lick or two - even if not up to speed, also going to visit a friend and hear his new Orange amp rig - he says it goes with his Zach Myers PRS like peanut butter and chocolate.

Funny how rigs/guitars work out. His Fender Strat sounds best played through his Fender amp and his Les Paul best through his Mesa Boogie.

It's a beautiful little setup though, I can't wait to feel it...

Attached Image

That's awesome.I was lookin at getting an Orange before settling on a Mesa. Great amps! nice guitar there too!
rawr

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 27 2014, 12:25 AM) *
I dont know about the average rock star's usual friday night but yours sounds absolutely awesome to me smile.gif

It aint bad - but sometimes a little lonely. Practlicing with others is much more fun, but my hours of operation I think are opposite from the rest of the world, so I make due smile.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:42 AM