2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Worst Time Of The Year, My girlfriend birthday
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 18 2009, 05:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello friends,

The worst time of the year has come...... My girlfriend birthday.

Man!!!!

I have been going out with this girl for about 3 years and everytime it's christmas or her birthday I feel kind of stupid. What do I buy her ??? Don't answer GUITAR !!!! It's WRONG answer. Chicks love when you do gig, recording, or when you play around a campfire with some booze...... That is not real life, once you go out with that girl, the guitar is more of a separtion between you two. I know, I should go out whit a girl who plays the guitar but ..... I don't know plenty of them and the ones I know are .... nevermind ph34r.gif .

So the main point is ??? Why should I buy, I am sick of giving some jewerly. And I expect yout to answer something she likes.... Of course I know all that.

I am looking for the hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (girly voice) !!!! type of gift.

Any ideas ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 18 2009, 05:16 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Plaintickets and hotelaccomodation in Prague
One week with shopping, Spa and cheap beer/drinks biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 18 2009, 05:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
Cute things. Or jewelry tongue.gif
Depends what she likes smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 18 2009, 05:21 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Firstly, I think it's wrong for you to think that you have any obligation to satisfy her material needs. Second, give her something from the heart, it can be self made, it can even be a song, that, atleast for me, has much more value. Finally, if you really wanna go for that material stuff gag, just find out something you can do together, like audio suggested, a trip somewhere.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Oct 18 2009, 05:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Write here a song you can play around a campfire, record that song on a MP3 and offer the iPod altogether with a picture of you. So she won't feel like guitar is a separation between you and her.

I mean, a love song obviously. No Neoclassic, No Shred, right ? wink.gif

Or you can give her a drums kit so you can jam together. tongue.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 18 2009, 06:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Oct 18 2009, 12:40 PM) *
Write here a song you can play around a campfire, record that song on a MP3 and offer the iPod altogether with a picture of you. So she won't feel like guitar is a separation between you and her.

This is an awesome idea Keilnoth, but she already has an ipod and her birthday is next thursday. Unfortunately I am having a busy week at school so I won't be able t work on a song to offer her. But I will remember this idea for sure maybe for christmas rolleyes.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Oct 18 2009, 06:33 PM
Learning Roadie
go get her to a spa..

I actually surprised my girlfriend once with a trip to the spa.. with the spa we had champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries, pineapple.. after that it was a massage with coconut oil..

mm.. just thinking about it makes me want to do it again soon.. laugh.gif

awesome..

edit: of course the spa was with lights out and with candles instead, while some awesome romantic background music was playing..

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Oct 18 2009, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 18 2009, 06:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
A cook book!

You'd get a hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for sure. Or maybe ab uuuuuuuuhuh, so you don't like my cooking!

I suck at birtday presents, I told her, she knows it and don't expect much of me. It's better that way since I just can't pretent to come up with the good presents. We go out for dinner, it's a better experience than a lousy gift.

First I ask her exactly what she wants, if she says she can't think of anything she knows there will just be a dinner out, nothing to unwrap.
Works for me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 18 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Oct 18 2009, 01:33 PM) *
go get her to a spa..

edit: of course the spa was with lights out and with candles instead, while some awesome romantic background music was playing..

The idea of the spa is good she has talked to me about this a couple of weeks ago, and since I am pretty stressed out this weeks it could be a great idea. I am going to have a look a at this option. Thanks for the tips Zion....

QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 18 2009, 01:33 PM) *
I suck at birtday presents, I told her, she knows it and don't expect much of me. It's better that way since I just can't pretent to come up with the good presents.

+1
I used to work that way but now our relationship is a bit more complicated since I go to University in another town. She expect something more for me since I kind of neglect her a bit in the past weeks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 18 2009, 06:58 PM
GMC:er
I would start with some roses delivered early on (maybe with candy).

Follow it up later by taking her out to dinner and a movie.

And then give her a really nice necklace or something.

Would make a great birthday wink.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Artemus
Oct 18 2009, 07:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Cook up a nice meal. A romantic feast courtesy of your kitchen skills

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Oct 18 2009, 07:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's crazy how many good ideas we have when we are single and how much we become lazy when we actually have a girlfriend. tongue.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 18 2009, 07:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Oct 18 2009, 02:43 PM) *
It's crazy how many good ideas we have when we are single and how much we become lazy when we actually have a girlfriend. tongue.gif

Totally agree +1

Thanks for the tips guys ....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 18 2009, 07:58 PM
Instructor
Make something for her, put an effort. I don't know what she is like, girls react differently. Some might enjoy material gift more than others. I think most important thing is for you to spend together time on her special day and give her something she will remember.
Great ideas about writing a song for her smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 18 2009, 08:11 PM
Instructor
A flower with sweet letter might work as well,
diamonds are girls best friends probably
but they still like "small" things if they are from the heart. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
vampire18
Oct 18 2009, 08:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
i love that your implying that when you find a hot chick that plays gutiar youll "trade up" very politically correct lol.
jewelry is your friend, buy something and worst case scenario she doesnt like it and change it to something she does

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 18 2009, 08:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Oct 18 2009, 03:16 PM) *
i love that your implying that when you find a hot chick that plays gutiar youll "trade up" very politically correct lol.

I think you misunderstood I never said that. It's just because I have never gone out with a girl ou was playing guitar it doesn't mean that i would trade my girlfriend.

You all gave some good idea.... Damn those guitars player are romantics wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Oct 18 2009, 09:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Oct 18 2009, 07:58 PM) *
I would start with some roses delivered early on (maybe with candy).

Follow it up later by taking her out to dinner and a movie.

And then give her a really nice necklace or something.

Would make a great birthday wink.gif

thats too normal, that what a girl expect and so its kind of boring, doing thata is great but you need some little think that she dont awaits from you.

my wife told me that she dreamed about a big tree where we sit in from of and write or names in the stem. i bought a little tree for birthday, thats now "our" tree in the garden and we are waiting until its big enough to scribing our names in the stem.

i think the most important think is to hear what she tells you. every year i dont knowe what to buy and after her birthday she told me: i give you so much advises what i want.
i forgot them all...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 10:19 PM
Instructor
I used to buy crazy stuff before and I realized that I was actually being stupid. My one got a Kinder Egg (with a toy inside) last time and she was happy smile.gif I think flowers are also working for them but make sure you know which kind and which color. Her friends should know that smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 18 2009, 10:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ask her to marry You, and You will never have this problem again, since it's fully OK to forget birthday's when You're married! laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:44 AM