4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monkeydathos Bootcamp, Hamburger Hill Will Look Like A Vacation By Comparison!
MonkeyDAthos
post Dec 18 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #61

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.477

Hey Sarge.
I have a question regardless mission 15. Mainly on how you want me to pick the lick.
Do you want me to use eco picking in the strings change and legato on the following notes or am i understand ing it wrong.
Cheers

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 19 2019, 05:04 AM
Post #62

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Im going to re do the tablature on this one to make it more clear. As this one is about Econ, I want you to try to pick the bit where you are ascending to the higher string using two down strokes. This one was created before I began using guitar pro which is why there is no guitar pro file I'm going to create a guitar pro file and new tab complete with pick notation. Good catch Soldier!!
Here is the guitar pro file and pick notated tab. Pick every note! no legato smile.gif

Attached File  15fix.gp5 ( 1.68K ) Number of downloads: 2

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 18 2019, 12:33 PM) *
Hey Sarge.
I have a question regardless mission 15. Mainly on how you want me to pick the lick.
Do you want me to use eco picking in the strings change and legato on the following notes or am i understand ing it wrong.
Cheers

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 19 2019, 05:56 AM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
post Jan 10 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #63

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.477

Ive only practiced sweeps/eco picking for like a week in my whole life.
Só this one was a bit trick.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 11 2020, 02:16 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 11 2020, 07:29 AM
Post #64

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

This is a great drill for getting introduced to sweeping since it's really just an econ picking type lick. Sweeping is just econ over more than two strings. You've got good reach on this and great pinky work! I love your mod at the end too! Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR
*Sweep Shape: This starts with a sweep type shape with two down strokes. This is the
most important part. Being able to play the sweep shape without lagging or rushing is key. Nice!
*Follow Up: Following the sweepish bit, you go right in to a scaleish bit. Getting this
transition to be smooth is the entire point of the drill. It's very smooth so well done!!
*Precision: A high degree of precision is required for this entire thing. If you falter at any point it will stick out like a sore thumb. The good news is you never slipped. Score!!
In short you KRUSHED it and are ready to move on. You just....
LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Sarge
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 10 2020, 05:21 PM) *
Ive only practiced sweeps/eco picking for like a week in my whole life.
Só this one was a bit trick.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2020 - 12:40 AM