Thinking About A New Guitar, in the sort-of-near, sort-of-distant future
Enucleation
Apr 16 2008, 11:08 PM
GMC:er
Now, I'm really happy with my current guitars, very very pleased. But can one ever have too many?

Ever since I got a guitar with a floyd rose style bridge, I've been using the a whole lot, can barely imagine buying one without a bar now. I had intended on the next guitar I get to be the LTD Alexi Laiho signature, being a big Bodom fan and having played it before, but lately the Ibanez Xiphos has really intrigued me.

I've never played on it but something about it says "Sam.....you need me". Is it the shape? Muhammad of Necrophagist shredding on it? Some strange mutation of my mind telling the future that I would indeed enjoy that guitar? I dunno but I am very interested in it, problem is i don't know of any nearby dealers that have any, unless they've gotten one in the past month or so.

So anyway if anyone can shed some light on this guitar with a review it would be really awesome. If there already is a review, my bad XD

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
RIP Dime
Apr 17 2008, 03:37 AM
GMC:er
Ibanez and LTD make quality guitars, I can vouch for both companies, but I've never played the Laiho. The Xiphos is a fracking cool guitar though, I love the chameleon finish, the neck is somewhat thicker than most other Ibananaz I've played, and the pickups sounded great to me. The Laiho only has one pickup though, I think they are Seymour Duncan Blackouts now, I've heard good things about that pickup.

But if you're very very pleased with your current fiddles, why don't you look into getting a new amp, or recording gear?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Apr 17 2008, 03:37 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:53 PM