2 Pages V  < 1 2  
age requirments for lessons?, who's to set an age on a teacher?
Climate
Feb 18 2007, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
Well, in regards to what I said, I think points which need working on are

- Timing - Use a metronome!!!! Although it didn't sound too out of time, it will still help you out a lot
- Work on making it clean - didn't sound bad at all, but I suggest playing it slowly first, working on a slow tempo with a metronome, and then building it up faster and faster over time.
- Bending - Always bend up with the bottom 3 strings on the guitar, and I'm not sure if you did or not, but use other free fingers to support your bend behind it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 18 2007, 07:13 PM
lol thanks a ton for those tips but you contridicted yourself with everything you said
"use a metronome!! although it didnt sound too out of time" theres a reason why it didnt sound too out of time, i use a metronome
"make it clean- didnt sound bad at all" that i cant disagree with i don't play fantastically clean especially when i'm performing and my friend is making me laugh etc.
"bending- always bend up with the bottom 3 strings" never do anything all the time dare to be different i do like to bend down on the high e just because i consider myself i a rather good bender and can control it
but really i couldnt be happier with the suggestions alteast i know there are people watching my video biggrin.gif:D thanks alot

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
People are strange, when you're a stranger.
Places look ugly when you're alone.

Where we start. Is where we end.

+Quote Post
buckjones
Feb 18 2007, 07:28 PM
hey theproof -

piece of advice on criticism... don't get offended. i think climate made some really good points but i think you took it a little the wrong way, i know it can be tough to be judged on something you feel that you are doing the best you can.. if you want to know how to get better you need to re-examine the way you play and take these critiques and use these to analyze what you are doing and how you are doing them wrong. good luck man! thats awesome you have goals set for yourself!

nate

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 18 2007, 07:30 PM
lol tongue.gif iwas just kidding around but i guess your right

--------------------

+Quote Post
Climate
Feb 18 2007, 07:40 PM
Hey man, yeah, don't get offended!
I'm only posting that stuff so you know what to work on, just trying to help you out! That's what GMC forums are about - helping each other out wink.gif

But seriously, it's good. I haven't ever wrote something myself, all I've ever done is just noted a couple of simple riffs down that I thought sounded cool wink.gif

Better than I've done.

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 18 2007, 07:51 PM
i saw video /m/
i found it a bit noisy i think it was kinda similar to technical difficulties not that that matters but i think they lift their fingers off after each note (not the pedal note) anyway cool idea and dont give up!
ow and nice axe! was you that guy who did the intro arpeggios for the song psalm of lydia from nevermore on youtube?
not that i cant play that lick biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Feb 18 2007, 07:53 PM

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 18 2007, 07:58 PM
thanks climate:) and thanks ezravdb, and yes that was me on youtube but i made a new account now havent posted any videos yet, can only do it from friends houses

--------------------

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 18 2007, 08:00 PM
QUOTE (TheProof @ Feb 18 2007, 07:58 PM) *
thanks climate:) and thanks ezravdb, and yes that was me on youtube but i made a new account now havent posted any videos yet, can only do it from friends houses

ok that vid was pretty cool smile.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 18 2007, 08:02 PM
ty, if you look closely at that vid thats not my guitar just so you know its my uber rich buddy's guitar who has like a zillion amps and guitars i have a schecter c1 blackjack, 6 string in the vid i was palying his 7 string

This post has been edited by TheProof: Feb 18 2007, 08:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 18 2007, 10:45 PM
Rock Instructor
by the way

i am sorry but i mistaken i guess the phrase it wasn't rhytem that what i ment it was timming .

you really should record with a metronome.

and to all you other young players i think you should look up to this guy . i wish i was in his level when i was 14 can't imagine how good i will be now in 23

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 18 2007, 10:53 PM
biggrin.gif:D:D:D oh man thanks so much. i know, i don't even own a metronome lol but i am planning on getting one soon!

This post has been edited by TheProof: Feb 18 2007, 11:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 18 2007, 11:11 PM
i see a pretty big request on rhythem guitar i know a ton of bad ass, easy metal rhythem that i can record etc and could possibly be made a lesson. i'm pretty much willing to teach anything i know blues, rock, and alottttttttttt of metal i know the least about rock and i see a lack of blues and very few metal lessons which i'd be more then happy to provide

This post has been edited by TheProof: Feb 18 2007, 11:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Feb 19 2007, 08:09 PM
QUOTE (TheProof @ Feb 17 2007, 06:20 PM) *
awesome thanks for the ideas i'll run this by my dad sometime today i typed up a song and sent it to kris so if anyone else wants to see it i can email it to you or something and you could tell me if you think its good enough for a video lesson because for all i know maybe it sucks lol i havent had any serious negative feed back but then again all the people that have seen are friends etc who are pretty bad at guitar and are blown away so i'd really appreshiate all feedback be it negative or positive i've been working on the song for a year so its time i see the fruits of my labour

i just phoned my dad... he is totally against it and says he understands it may be safe but hes using the saying you need to learn to walk before you run which i understand but i want to know if its good! so kris i'm going to try and make a video of this without my dad noticing but theres no way you can pay me and i'm doing this for the experience nto the money so unless i can somehow get my dad on my side for this ill post videos and i dont need to be paid

Hey TheProof,

Some useful advice - Please do not go against your Dad's wishes on this issue. A father always looks out for the safety of his kids. For reasons that you may not quite understand just yet, please make sure he is cool with it before you send anything out. You will be much happier knowing that you have secured his permission up front before you regret doing what he asks that you don't do.

I have three kids and I know where he is coming from. It's NOT worth it. Ask for his help and be persistent but respectful. I don't mean to throw out an Oprah lesson here, but getting him positively involved in this now may lead to him helping you out in the future. If he asks you not to do it and you do it anyway, he might resent that you are on GMC altogether and any future references you make to it or any other guitar related stuff may turn him off completely.

my 2 cents man.
wink.gif

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 19 2007, 11:51 PM
ya we talked it over i'm aloud i've posted 2 other videos under guitar uploads classical and metal, check them out

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Feb 20 2007, 02:21 AM
QUOTE (TheProof @ Feb 19 2007, 11:51 PM) *
ya we talked it over i'm aloud i've posted 2 other videos under guitar uploads classical and metal, check them out

He sounds cool! That's great. I'll check out your videos smile.gif

Welcome to GMC - hope you're learning!

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 20 2007, 02:28 AM
awesome:) any advice is overly welcome i would love to hear any suggestions !

--------------------

+Quote Post
adam1302
Feb 20 2007, 09:00 AM
i will do a lesson if you think im good enough but what sort of lessons are you looking for?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 20 2007, 09:03 AM
GMC Founder
Theproof,

First - jeff gives you some very important advice so be sure to listen to him!

You do not qualify for an aspiring lesson yet - all though you have a good start, one can tell you have been practicing. Follow all the advice you have got so far - and you will be well on your way.

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:38 PM