> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Neoclassical Etude #1, Lesson By Marcus Lavendell
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Taurus74
Jan 27 2021, 04:07 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Neoclassical Etude #1 by Marcus Lavendell

Not that perfect yet. Only 90% of 140 bpm. The sound is not that clear too.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 27 2021, 05:19 PM
GMC Founder
Very cool to see you first REC take Taurus and welcome to GMC! 🤗

First - you display a very relaxed hand posture here which - paired with correct practicing - should set you up for a killer technique!

The big problem I see with this take, is that there are too many mistakes / missed notes / hand sync issues. This tells me you might be practicing this over and over at a tempo that is too fast for you. The danger with this approach is that you might consolidate bad habits that are hard to get rid of.

I would advise you to practice each lick/pattern separately and make sure you can repeat it at least 4 times without any mistakes at all, before you increase the practicing tempo. Once you do but the whole thing together and practice with the backing track - make sure you can play through it without many audible mistakes. If you cannot do that yet, then go back to practicing the licks separately a bit more.

At this point I will give you a 5 - but it feels like you could nail this one quite fast with a change of practicing approach. So I am really looking forward to a new take from you. Keep it up mate 👊

Edit I just realised you are playing at a slower tempo than the original lesson. So instructors don't need to grade this take for now, we can just leave a comment!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2021, 07:18 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

Nice to see you working this amazing lesson. This techniques obviously need more work. At this tempo there are sync issues when playing alternate picking, (mostly during the first section), and timing/cleanness issues in other parts.

As Kris said, the best that you can do is to work on smaller blocks and try to economize movements with both hands. If you check your left hand fingers, you tend to separate them too much from the fretboard when you are not using them. You need to minimize this type of things to be able to play at faster tempos.

As this is not at full tempo, we can't grade. If you have any question, feel free to write me!

Keep on practicing!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2021, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
First off well done on learning this piece!! It's not an easy bit of music so well done on just putting it all together. As has been mentioned, there is still some polishing that needs to be done for this one to pass muster. It's just a bit beyond your ability at this point, but it's very close I think! I applaud your taking on this one. It's a great lesson and a great way to improve your ability. The issues you still face are mostly about speed/precision/synch. I'd like you to consider joining shred bootcamp where I put students through a series of drills that are designed to speed/precision/synch. Shoot me a personal message if you want to give it a try smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 2 2021, 08:24 PM
Instructor
Wellcome to GMC!

Congrats on your first REC. I hope you don't mind us to write what we do, casue that;s the purpose of rec to show and expose imperfectiosn so we can try to help fixing them.

First of all - spend few more minuts on tuning the guitar. Strings are nasty and liek to detune until thay "catch" perfect stretch and adjust to temperature. Recheck on fretted notes and fin a sompromise so most of frets will have "the green light". We can experience tuning issues and now matter what is your playing level, guitar in tune will add 200% flavor to every of your performances. That's essentially the very first feature of pro players - they sound int tune (more complex than just tunig but that's a great starting point)

Second...you experience the most common and familiar problem of all times - randomness. When you want to challenge something medium or fast with alternate picking, you need to first make usre every note has a proper picking direction assigned (best to copy form the lesson). Random pick movements are the biggest enemy of your speed developement. You hand makes mistakes, becasue it does not have one, repeatable, solid pickign pattern for all the song. It hesitates, sometimes it misses to hit the string. That's veyr first thing you can do - start giving care about every single pick stroke smile.gif There is no short cut on this.

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 12 2021, 04:52 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:39 PM