> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners, Lesson By Emir Hot
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Josch
Feb 10 2018, 10:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners by Emir Hot

Paid more attention to vibrato and changed the sound.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=58947

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Josch: Feb 11 2018, 02:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2018, 10:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Josch!

It's awesome to compare this new video with the previous one. Each of the elements that we've marked on the previous take show important improvements on this take.

At first, your tone is a lot better now, and sounds perfect for this style. You did it! smile.gif

Your vibrato is also a lot better now. It's more controlled and the vibration is gradual and more related with the backing. There is some room to make it a bit wider sometimes but it sounds natural, well done!

Finally, your timing is also a bit better on this one but I feel that there are some of the phrases that could sound more connected with the overall groove.

I'll give you and 8 now so you took this one form 5 to 8. Killer job mate.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2018, 10:53 PM
GMC:er
And Using the PINKY!!!! Nicely done!! Your bends are good here and your overall technique is quite good as well. For starters you are sitting in classical position which allows greater reach for the hand IMHO. It's not for everyone, but I'm very glad to see it's for some smile.gif It can really help one reach bits that were out of reach when playing "Side Saddle" on one leg. Eventually, it won't matter at all where you put your guitar, but during the first few years of study, I really suggest students try to use classical position. So SCORE on that. smile.gif

Your playing is smooth and the timing is spot on. You are not lagging or rushing which is great to see. Also I don't hear a click track so it sounds like you are just playing to the beat. If there is a click which is just not part of the recording that's fine but I also strongly suggest folks learn to play to a drummer/drum vst using just their ears. It allows a player to play with and around the beat that playing to a click just does not encourage imho.

You also have a strong right hand mute going which is great. I encourage that as well. Even if one is not muting, keeping the hand centered on the bridge allows for quick stops/mutes/etc. that are not as easy if one "floats" the hand above the trem.

So yeah, well played!! Solid 8!

I do think that you would be well served with a bit of work on your stretch/reach, which is fortuitous as I just completed a Quick Licks drill focused on that very thing! Here is a link smile.gif
#14 Alt Pinky! Alternate Picking and Pinky Power

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 11 2018, 10:55 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 12 2018, 09:13 AM
GMC Founder
YEAH! What a difference in such a short time - just by changing your focus (and practicing a lot I assume!)

Bare in mind there is always A LOT of room for improving vibrato - so even though this take is notably better, you should keep watching out for all the little variations the pros use and try to analyse when and how they are used.

Also the bend and missed slur note around 00:44 needs a little more practice.

This take is now enjoyable and you get a 7 from me. Well done!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 12 2018, 11:27 AM
Instructor
It's a really good thing to notice your visible improvements! I guess that time made it's job as well. You seems to be much more relaxed. I ngeneral I can't notice moments of hesitation that were present in your previous take. In this one it's visible that you know exactly what you're doing. Your vibrato is developing. To find the smoothness and control the pitch is the main target. Your hand side resting point seems to be more stable. You still move the neck a little too much but I would expect this will naturally disappear through time, as long as you keep to remember about things you've improved now smile.gif Of course timing is also noticeably better smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 13 2018, 04:15 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 09:40 AM