Cheating Speed? Just A Bit
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2021, 07:12 AM
GMC:er
In this demo, I'm striking once and hitting an open string and then using 3 hammer ons. So it's four notes per string. I"m keeping a very solid palm mute so it makes each note sound percussive and almost like a pick strike each time. Another crucial bit is keeping the amount of time between each note as linear as possible so that it helps to trick the ear of the listener. If the gap between each note is not linear, the effect doesn't work as well.

What do you think?

*This is my newly acquired S470 in action

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 23 2021, 09:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's incredible Todd, it actually sounds picked. Nice one cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 24 2021, 05:54 AM
GMC:er
Thanks! smile.gif The good news is that it's a fairly simple trick to pull off. I started doing this on just one string when I first starting working on the technique and I started at the 10,12,14 frets. It's much easier to fret up there and gives the hand a chance to work on the timing of it which is the key. It's the short gap in between each note, the separation, that allows for this "effect" to happen. If the notes are not separate, it doesn't work quite as well. Give it a shot!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 23 2021, 04:51 PM) *
That's incredible Todd, it actually sounds picked. Nice one cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:18 PM