Article Suggestions?
Iluha
Jan 5 2008, 12:38 PM
GMC:er
If anyone wants to read about a certain topic, but it doesn't exist and he can't write about it on he's own, I think it will be good to gather all these topics in one thread!

I want to read about Sweep picking, all types of muting for it, and diffrent approaches and prehaps some suggestions for beginning sweep exercises! thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 5 2008, 03:19 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Great idea! I'll pin this thread smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 5 2008, 03:41 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Since i get a few PM's a week asking about a good place to start for metal genres, im gonna do a series of articles on the genres of metal smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 5 2008, 04:05 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 5 2008, 03:41 PM) *
Since i get a few PM's a week asking about a good place to start for metal genres, im gonna do a series of articles on the genres of metal smile.gif

Excellent - that will fit well under the Genres Portal! When you are done we will put your articles under "featured articles".

QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 5 2008, 12:38 PM) *
If anyone wants to read about a certain topic, but it doesn't exist and he can't write about it on he's own, I think it will be good to gather all these topics in one thread!

Iluha - why don't you write and article about song writing? I think it would suit you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 5 2008, 05:40 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 5 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Excellent - that will fit well under the Genres Portal! When you are done we will put your articles under "featured articles".
Iluha - why don't you write and article about song writing? I think it would suit you! smile.gif

I'm defintly thinking about it, but it's a subject which is very hard to explain.. once I come up with something I'll write it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 8 2008, 03:35 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hey wiki writers smile.gif

I thought I`d give you some topics to work on, if you go to Matts article I`ve added links to some of his texts that I think requires articles to be written about, I plan on getting involved with this myself as soon as I have a bit more time (I really should be working laugh.gif ) but may help some of you with some ideas? smile.gif

heres the link to the page https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...niques/practice

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 8 2008, 06:12 PM
I added me first article, an intro into Death Metal!

Not yet done though, i will be adding separate articles for the mentioned sub-genres and more information for each section, feel free to check it out though!

http://guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.ph...res/Death_Metal

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 8 2008, 06:28 PM
^ I like...can you do one on Thrash rolleyes.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 8 2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, will try to cover as many as possible!

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 15 2008, 01:14 PM
Learning Roadie
I was thinking, whilst I've done a talk on Leo Fender as part of a course on presentations I could write about the great man himself and the history of Fender guitars.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2008, 01:33 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 15 2008, 01:14 PM) *
I was thinking, whilst I've done a talk on Leo Fender as part of a course on presentations I could write about the great man himself and the history of Fender guitars.

Sounds like an excellent idea Crazy! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 15 2008, 02:16 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 15 2008, 12:33 PM) *
Sounds like an excellent idea Crazy! biggrin.gif

Cheers Kris I'll get onto it smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
man0mule
Mar 18 2008, 05:36 PM
I think it would be great to have an article on guitar set up. Showing how to correctly set the truss rod, intonation, string height. especially how to set these on different types of guitars.

my knowledge on the subject is quite limited.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 18 2008, 06:28 PM
QUOTE (man0mule @ Mar 18 2008, 06:36 PM) *
I think it would be great to have an article on guitar set up. Showing how to correctly set the truss rod, intonation, string height. especially how to set these on different types of guitars.

my knowledge on the subject is quite limited.

Amen to that!

That would be one helpfull article!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 19 2008, 04:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Iluha @ Mar 18 2008, 06:28 PM) *
Amen to that!

That would be one helpfull article!

+1 I also have problems with that so it would help! tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 24 2008, 07:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Could i suggest an article on different types of muting as i completely suck at this and could really do with some help with it

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:27 AM