A Little Question About Modes
Ruzz
Feb 25 2010, 02:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there Muris!
Hows it going?

I could use some help about some theory..
Okay.. Lets take a start point from your "mixolydian riffing lesson"..
As far as I can see from the chords (A, G and D) A would be the fifth chord (mixolydian), G would be the fourth chord (Lydian) and D would be the first chord (Ionian)..
This means the song is in the key of D..

Here is my confusion..
As far as I can see you are not changing scale to lets say G mixolydian when the backing changes to that chord..
Doesn't that mean you would get a G lydian sound when that chord is playing.. The same goes for when the D chord (and the others for that matter) comes around..

Now.. Why is it more correct to call this mixolydian riffing?.. Couldn't it also be called the mode of all the other chords that are being played..?

Is it just because must of the time the A chord is being played that it has this mixolydian sound...
I hope you see where I am getting at, because I am not sure if I can explain my confusion further.. smile.gif

It is by the way a great lesson smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Ruzz   A Little Question About Modes   Feb 25 2010, 02:35 PM
- - Muris Varajic   Hi Ruzz. You actually answered your mystery by s...   Feb 26 2010, 03:20 AM
- - Ruzz   Thank you for your answer Muris, I did certainly n...   Mar 1 2010, 08:11 PM
- - Muris Varajic   Glad to help, you're welcome.   Mar 2 2010, 12:18 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:39 AM