Help, guitar recording
Shadow21
Jul 17 2009, 07:14 PM
GMC:er
Hi (:

I would like to buy something to record my guitar on the computer, I was thinking about buying a Line 6 gadget, but I don't know which one to buy.
I was doubting between a POD studio GX and a UX2.
Which one should I buy?

Cheers wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 17 2009, 07:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
I would go for the Studio GX it has one guitar connection. The ux1 and ux2 just have more inputs for guitars at a time and for mics but they all use the same software.

If you don't need to plug in mics and several instruments at a time then go for the cheapest solution, the gx!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 17 2009, 10:48 PM
Instructor
Depends on your needs. I would actually recommend UX1 since it has one guitar input and one mic input, which can allow you to record two separate audio tracks at the same time (guitar+mic). UX 2 also allows only 2 tracks at the time, although it has 2 guitar and 2 mic inputs. The function of multiple inputs on UX2 is more cosmetic than practical (although I think it has mic+mic option or something).

If you want to record only your guitar, get GX model. Same quality and sound as all POD Studios just less features.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:27 AM