Prs 2018
Mertay
Nov 7 2017, 07:27 PM
GMC:er
They've made a nice page where you can see the new models and demo video's;

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/p..._2018_se_models

I'm liking the SE's more everyday. A friend of mine who works in a store ordered a SE and original PRS PU's for himself, the result is amazing.

PRS PU's are pricey and sticking them to an SE might not make sense to some but it might be one of the best sounding guitar I've ever played.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 7 2017, 08:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Time the sustain on a B note wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 7 2017, 09:04 PM
ohmy.gif
Love the look of that Zebrawood 24!!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Nov 7 2017, 09:17 PM
Experienced Rock Star
That metal foil sure looks nice.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 7 2017, 07:00 PM) *

smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 7 2017, 10:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yeah, they look really nice, I'd have any one of those. The spalted looks great, if that was satin finish it would be mega cool. The zebra and metal foil are damn fine looking as well.
There's too many guitars that I seem to need at the moment.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 7 2017, 08:00 PM) *

you should be hired for quality control smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 7 2017, 10:14 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 7 2017, 09:00 PM) *
you should be hired for quality control smile.gif

lol laugh.gif

Yeah lesson learned from Phil66, always check sustain/deadnotes why trying a PRS se biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 7 2017, 10:19 PM
Dat SE SVN looks really appealing.... if I hadn't to pay up school feeds. Would probably fall into the temptation.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 8 2017, 04:19 PM
Instructor
That custom 24 is like a dream. So beautiful.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 8 2017, 10:27 PM
My Custom 24 has the double bird inlays at the 12th and all of the inlays actually look like birds whereas on my other PRS guitars, some of them look like blobs like the Custom 24 on that page.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 8 2017, 11:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 8 2017, 09:27 PM) *
My Custom 24 has the double bird inlays at the 12th and all of the inlays actually look like birds whereas on my other PRS guitars, some of them look like blobs like the Custom 24 on that page.

Ive lost track of your PRS's! I remember the Ace cool.gif what custom 24 with the double bird inlay do you have, was it a special edition or super posh one?

I always kinda liked the bats on the Paul Allender sig and also the hollow bird inlays, they are really cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 9 2017, 10:59 AM
GMC Founder
Very nice - i can def see myself buying an SE at some point!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 9 2017, 11:32 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 8 2017, 10:20 PM) *
Ive lost track of your PRS's! I remember the Ace cool.gif what custom 24 with the double bird inlay do you have, was it a special edition or super posh one?

I always kinda liked the bats on the Paul Allender sig and also the hollow bird inlays, they are really cool.

I bought the Custom 24 in Amethyst quilt for my 50th birthday self treat. It was bog standard Custom 24 SE, the inlays were standard too. My favourite guitar at the moment and doesn't have much of a B nor issue. Amethyst is my birthstone and that was all the excuse I needed smile.gif I bought the blue flame 7 string and named it "Bob" after a friend had suddenly died. I'll post pics when I get chance.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 9 2017, 11:33 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 9 2017, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 8 2017, 10:20 PM) *

Here you go Scott.

The Custom 24 in Amethyst.

The Custom 7

The Ace that you know

I seriously considering the Chris Robertson SE but might wait a year for the price to drop wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 10 2017, 12:15 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
ah yes smile.gif very nice collection. I do like the twin bird on the 12th. It looks really nice, I dont think its very common at least Ive not seen it on the PRS' Ive been looking at.
The chris robertson one does look good as well. I like the layout of the controls, a bit more LP like which Im used to.

TBH any of those 2018 models would be fine with me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 10 2017, 08:31 AM
Thank Scott,

It's not just the double birds I like, I also like the fact that every inlay actually looks like a bird. On the others some are just a random shape, of course they aren't, they are based on actual birds, but things like a barn owl on a branch don't really work.

There is a chart somewhere, showing you which inlay is which bird. I think Paul too the picture, cut the outline of the bird out and used that shape as the inlay. It works fine when they are in flight but not when they are perched with wings closed.

Details are here http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/p...prs_bird_inlays but there is supposed to be an official chart showing the pictures that were used and the inlays next to them. That may be an urban myth though.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 10 2017, 08:33 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:25 AM