> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Amitai's Technique Builder
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2014, 09:01 AM
Instructor
Awesome, mate! Keep me posted - I think we are doing a good job here smile.gif Congrats on being so dedicated and working hard!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 15 2014, 02:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

How should I do it?
Should I use the recordings I did and just shoot the video on top of them?
Should I do re-record them? Should I just play to the camera's mic?

Thanks! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 15 2014, 08:53 AM
Instructor
Hey Amitai!

The options are the following:

1) Record against the camera mic, but that will most probably not do that much justice when we deal with the REC zone. But its a possibility, in case you can't do it in any other way. Just make sure that the volumes are adjusted and the guitar and the backing track can both be heard clearly in the recording.

2) Record both video and audio in the same time - video with the webcam and audio in a DAW and then mix them in a video editing software.

Have you had any experience working with one of those so far?

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 16 2014, 01:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I watched Ivan's video on audio&video recording. I'll go for recording with Cubase and my camera at the same time.
Don't have a tripod yet, having trouble finding a good place to shoot from so all of my guitar shows. I'm trying all of
these strange angles haha tongue.gif Hope that what I'll come up with will be fine.

I will get it done as soon as possible.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2014, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Hehe, I was ready to recommend that one if you would've encountered any trouble, but it looks like you move fast smile.gif

Looking forward to seeing your vid, mate!

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 18 2014, 04:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I posted my REC take (here).
I was having a hard time with it. I know I can do better, couldn't get myself to do a wider vibrato.
But I am happy with the take, I think smile.gif
As for the Fairy's Dance, I think I'll postpone the REC take for a while, until I can figure out how to record with my mic will shooting a video.
I'm also continuing to practice the 1 string modes. Was wondering if I am ready for another lesson, to keep practicing my technique.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2014, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Hey bro!

You did a good job so far and as I said, I have a very nice time working with you smile.gif

Yes, I think we can move on with the techie stuff - how bout this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 19 2014, 02:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I began playing the lesson you gave me. I like it!
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/ap-workout-2

Thanks! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2014, 08:10 AM
Instructor
Dude... I think this can go straight to the REC zone biggrin.gif Shoot a video and off ya go biggrin.gif You are faster than the speed of light! Now, after we are done with the Fairy and this one as vids, I will challenge you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 19 2014, 10:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I posted the Alternate Picking Workout 2 and the Fairy's Dance REC takes.
As I said in the post itself, the Fairy's Dance was a bit complicated. I had to position myself so I can get most of the guitar in the frame and to have the mic recording well. I hope that it's good enough smile.gif

I also participated in Gabriel's video chat today. It was very interesting, we did some sweep picking and AP licks.
Haven't really played sweep picking much, something that I'd like to work on in the future. For now, I'd like to focus
on what we started. So I'm ready to continue if you think I'm ready.

Thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 07:31 AM
Instructor
Hey Amitai smile.gif I am viewing your takes as I am writing this and I will leave my comments there wink.gif

Regarding the continuation - here's what I have in mind: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ernate-workout/ this one is pretty difficult smile.gif What do you think about it?

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 21 2014, 03:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

Indeed a challenging lesson! I started to work on it when I practiced earlier. I think I should learn it thoroughly before I worry
about the speed. So I practiced it with the 70-80BPM backing tracks Muris provided and recorded a take for you at 90BPM.
I know the take is a bit sloppy, I am going to practice it for a while with a slower tempo.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/alternate-workout-90bpm

Also, in the last 10-20 minutes of each practice session I try to record a new backing track and solo over it a little.
So I uploaded today's backing track for your feedback smile.gif
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/round

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Hey Amitai smile.gif

I would suggest you to record against a metronome or against one of the slower backings and record like that - right now, I don't have any rhythmic landmark to be able to figure things out too well. And a reverb should suffice for now, the delay is only hindering you.

Regarding the improv - it's very nice and melodic, but I would smooth it out a bit, in respect to vibrato and the attack on some notes - it's a bit too harsh and you should focus on playing clean when you re-record. Maybe a smoother tone, as well? The ideas are very good! So all you need to do is to take care of the details now wink.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 21 2014, 10:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I'm practicing the Alternate Workout. Playing with the 80BPM backing track until I'll get only clean takes then I'll move on.
And as I mentioned, I began working a little bit on sweep picking aswell, and I found your Guthrie Govan Style Arpeggios lesson.
Here's my progress so far. I recorded it against the 100BPM backing track, which didn't load fully in Cubase. Very weird.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/guthrie-govan-style-arpeggios

Also here's something I did for Gabe's creativity workout. Mostly proud of the drums I wrote haha tongue.gif
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/creativity-workout-21-2-14

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 12:43 PM
Instructor
Hey there amigo smile.gif

You got the hang of those arpeggios biggrin.gif The take could be more steady in respect to timing, but as before, if you would use the backing, I would be much more able to hear things smile.gif Use the webcam sound, no problem wink.gif

Now, for the creativity assignment - the tone is the primary thing here - it sounds too harsh and there's too much reverb (the riff tone is defined by the same harshness as well) and the vibrato is way to hastened and small - it should be wider.

What's the creative assignment based on, actually? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 23 2014, 04:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I'll get on that. I'll also record the Alternate Workout on video.

As for the creativity workout, Basically Gabe puts up an image and we respond to it as we feel about it.
I didn't really focus on the tone or timing because I mainly focused on the idea. But you're right! Maybe I'll
perfect it a bit when I'll have the chance.

Thank you!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif Very nice idea man!

Listen smile.gif You are a very talented player and I think it would be very indicated for you to start working on getting to the next level - I mean, it's a shame not to have a great tone and to work on orchestrations more and more.

Try to analyze your favorite tunes - what sort of orchestration elements do you notice? How is the drum line built? smile.gif Have you taken these things into consideration until now?

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 24 2014, 01:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

Thank you! smile.gif
I have an idea. Maybe we can decide on a certain song, and I can do a mini song inspired by the songs\artists playing and writing.
What do you think? Will you choose a song? I don't care about the genre, it will be even more challenging if you pick what you want me to do.

I have also recorded myself playing the GG Style Arpeggios over 100BPM and the Alternate Workout over 80BPM.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 24 2014, 11:19 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

Things are looking and sounding good! A few observations, if I may smile.gif

- I would also like to see the right hand in action
- your whole body position will hinder you when you will have to deal with greater speeds and accuracy - you are too relaxed man biggrin.gif I mean, relaxed in the not so good way tongue.gif
- your left hand fingers are moving a bit too much away from the fretboard

About the song challenge - alright smile.gif We will start with something simple - 3 piece bands (bass, drums, guitars and vocals)

I'd go for Green Day

What do you think? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 25 2014, 12:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

I made something. It's very basic. I listened to the song and tried to take as much elements as I could.
I tried to make the bass a bit more complex and "active" as it is in the song, but it didn't go well with the guitar,
sounded awful.
Maybe I drifted away a bit from what it was supposed to be.
https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/green-day-inspired
I'm using EZDrummer for the drums, Trilian for the bass and Guitar Rig 5 for the guitars.

And do you mean I should be more energetic? If so maybe I shouldn't record after I come back from work haha tongue.gif

The Alternate Workout lesson is very challenging. Especially because it's an odd number of notes to pick for each arpeggio so
the picking pattern changes every time.

Thanks!

**I just played the Alternate Workout some more and I realized something that is setting me back.
When I do the
--11----------------- > ---9-----------
---------12---------- > ------11-------
----------------9----- > -----------7---
---------------------- > ----------------
---------------------- > -----------------
---------------------- > -----------------
I automatically change my left hand thumb position from high on the bridge to the middle of the bridge. Then it's like a hiccup.
Then I went to see how Muris played it. He keeps his thumb high, above the neck, with small changes.
When I tried to play it as he plays it thumb-wise the "bigger" arpeggios were harder, and my index finger had trouble getting there.
Maybe it's because of hand size differences? Should I just keep going as he does it and I'll get used to it and get better at the stretches?

This post has been edited by Amitai Kedmi: Feb 25 2014, 02:39 AM

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:40 AM