Toneport Ux1 Problemo!
SonofDestiny
Jan 1 2009, 09:00 PM
GMC:er
Guys, I received my Toneport UX1 yesterday. I love it, but there's one problem. My problem is that I can only record on the left side. So when I'm done recording the sound only comes from my left speaker.

I've set it up like this:

Guitar into the instrument jack-in and headphones in the phones jack-in. Then a cable into an analog out and that one straight into my soundcard.

I know why the problem is like this, cause obviously only one side of the sound is coming through. Is there a way to solve this problem? I have no idea how to record with the Toneport than to do it like this. Can it also be done without the Analog Outs? If so, how??

Thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
timono
Jan 1 2009, 09:16 PM
I have the toneport Ux1 too and run it through the usb cable, using gearbox for the effects and stuff, recording with audacity and works just fine don't know if this is any help to you buy anyway... laugh.gif

Timon

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 1 2009, 09:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I am not sure whether this problem is due to this, but I am wondering why you are using the analog out to connect to the computer's soundcard?

The UX1 is a soundcard on it's own (so you should be completely bypassing the soundcard of the computer), and therefore it's as far as I know best to use it's USB connection to the PC.

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 1 2009, 09:17 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
The Toneport should be used as your soundcard and should be connected via USB. The analog outs are for monitors.

Hook it up with the USB and then set the audio device manager in your computer to Toneport UX1

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 1 2009, 09:25 PM
Also is your adaptor for speakers a 1 banded mono one or a two banded stereo one. The bands being the rings round the adaptor. If it is a mono one you've found your reason.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 1 2009, 10:41 PM
Problem solved!

I downloaded Reaper and selected Toneport as the audio device (with help of the awesome Tolek tongue.gif).

Thanks for your help too guys smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 2 2009, 01:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Glad it all works now, happy recording smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 2 2009, 03:01 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jan 1 2009, 10:41 PM) *
Problem solved!

I downloaded Reaper and selected Toneport as the audio device (with help of the awesome Tolek tongue.gif).

Thanks for your help too guys smile.gif

Glad you solved your problem mate..I use toneport so if you have any more questions about it shoot smile.gif
Here are some tips regarding its use...You already know it acts like a sound card , so that means your PC's internal sound card doesn't have use in the recording/playback process.What I would suggest is using toneport as your sound card in PC all the time..You can plug in your PC speakers into the Toneports either headphones out , or monitor outs (use proper adapters to make them fit in)...Next you should go to my computer >control panel> sounds and audio devices and than under the Audio tab find sound playbacks default device and choose your toneport...

Here is the picture of that :

Attached Image

Be sure to choose toneport ux1 for playback and recording devices and down under the MIDI part choose the Microsoft Synth because toneport doesn't have its midi banks and doesn't output midi...But if you choose the one like in the picture you will be able to hear midi through toneport...

Using toneport as your primary sound card is practical and after all - sounds better than the internal PC's sound card..

Hope some of this info helps in the future...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 2 2009, 03:01 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 2 2009, 03:31 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Very nice explanation Bogdan..I use mine for all sound capture as well. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 2 2009, 01:49 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 1 2009, 03:25 PM) *
Also is your adaptor for speakers a 1 banded mono one or a two banded stereo one. The bands being the rings round the adaptor. If it is a mono one you've found your reason.

I went through that business and it bout drove nuts before I figured it out! mad.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jan 2 2009, 02:27 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 2 2009, 03:01 AM) *
Glad you solved your problem mate..I use toneport so if you have any more questions about it shoot smile.gif
Here are some tips regarding its use...You already know it acts like a sound card , so that means your PC's internal sound card doesn't have use in the recording/playback process.What I would suggest is using toneport as your sound card in PC all the time..You can plug in your PC speakers into the Toneports either headphones out , or monitor outs (use proper adapters to make them fit in)...Next you should go to my computer >control panel> sounds and audio devices and than under the Audio tab find sound playbacks default device and choose your toneport...

Here is the picture of that :

Attached Image

Be sure to choose toneport ux1 for playback and recording devices and down under the MIDI part choose the Microsoft Synth because toneport doesn't have its midi banks and doesn't output midi...But if you choose the one like in the picture you will be able to hear midi through toneport...

Using toneport as your primary sound card is practical and after all - sounds better than the internal PC's sound card..

Hope some of this info helps in the future...

Thanks for the info Bogdan, but I already have a really really good soundcard! It's a shame I won't be using it anymore now that I have Toneport haha. There goes another 300 euros! So just to keep myself sane I will use the Creative X-fi as my computersoundcard tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 2 2009, 02:54 PM
QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jan 2 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Thanks for the info Bogdan, but I already have a really really good soundcard! It's a shame I won't be using it anymore now that I have Toneport haha. There goes another 300 euros! So just to keep myself sane I will use the Creative X-fi as my computersoundcard tongue.gif

Of course , I didn't know you had a good sound card...Then you should use toneport for recording purposes only and leave the multimedia (movies, music , games) through that Creative one because its really made for it and should work better than toneport in that field... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 2 2009, 02:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 2 2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah the toneport can't compete with my creative x-fi for movie and game sound.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 2 2009, 06:11 PM
Instructor
The toneport is made so you use analog outs to connect them straight into speakers mate. There is no need to go through other sound card.

I recommend this device to solve the problem:
http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-BEHAMP800

It has 2 stereo analog ins with separate volume and pan controls, and 4 stereo analog outs for monitoring with separate volume controls. You can input sound from both cards in, and use 1 stereo out for your speaker set. You get another 3 outs for additional headphone outs or other speaker sets. It's a very cheap unit and for the price/performance excellent deal.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
timono
Jan 2 2009, 07:20 PM
wow i had my toneport for half a year now and even didn't know this stuff, didn't know i could use it for my pc speakers too!!, will give it a try!

thanks a bunch biggrin.gif

Timon

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 2 2009, 11:58 PM
QUOTE (timono @ Jan 2 2009, 07:20 PM) *
wow i had my toneport for half a year now and even didn't know this stuff, didn't know i could use it for my pc speakers too!!, will give it a try!

thanks a bunch biggrin.gif

Timon

Glad to be helpful! If you don't have a good internal sound card I recommend using toneport as your primary sound device on your PC and let all the sound go through it..Just check out my previous post on how to connect it...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:13 AM