Some Old Stuff From Me. A Song I Wrote And A "quirky" Nirvana Cover
Ajmurrell
Oct 24 2008, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
This really isn't a serious post... I just realised I've been an active member of GMC for a few months and haven't really posted anything of me!

So yeah... More for the hell of it, just wanted to share this - The Nirvana thing was literally just a test I did when I bought my SM57 - I just thought I'd share cause I quite liked the vocal harmony smile.gif

My Steps is a couple years old - I was asked by a friend to write something that could be "comercially applyable" (what ever that means) for his uni coursework. He's in music production so he basically did all the mixing and recording, and I wrote all the parts and lyrics.
I warn you, the lyrics/vocals/timings aren't great. But I was quite proud of the song, simply as it was the first I'd fully written.

I must admit this is rather embarrasing uploading this - but I thought this way I'll be less embarrased uploading in the future!

Oh dear...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=156113224

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 24 2008, 10:16 AM
GMC:er
I love My Steps but I really dislike the cover. But I'd rather have good originals. I'm a huge Nirvana fan but I really didn't like that version. The original was very well done though. Keep it up.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 24 2008, 01:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
I love Nirvana too smile.gif I was just trying something different, thought it sounded interesting. No matter how much I want my voice to have that awesome growl that Kurt had when he went full out, in isn't going to happen with my voice - but anyway, not meant to be anything serious. Was just mucking around smile.gif

Glad you liked my steps though biggrin.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:55 PM