5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Kristofer Dahl Jams With You!
Phil66
Aug 8 2019, 07:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Aug 8 2019, 06:49 PM) *
Hi guys,

Wow it is sounding great so far! I'm totally in!! Let me start today, I'll upload whatever feels decent to me.

The only thing, and I know I've asked this before, I've never recorded my guitar through any software. I have a Digitech RP360XP pedal and I know I can use it as an interface, can I use a free software like audacity to record? Is it as easy as uploading the backing track on the software and then create another track for the guitar? Should I use different effects on the recording (delays, reverbs, chorus, etc.)?

Thanks again!

Angel smile.gif

Have a look at Reaper. There is a learning curve but it's fairly simple. It's free with a delayed startup but so cheap is worth buying a it's just a few guys constantly developing and you get all the updates.

https://www.reaper.fm/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2019, 08:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Aug 8 2019, 03:49 PM) *
Hi guys,

Wow it is sounding great so far! I'm totally in!! Let me start today, I'll upload whatever feels decent to me.

The only thing, and I know I've asked this before, I've never recorded my guitar through any software. I have a Digitech RP360XP pedal and I know I can use it as an interface, can I use a free software like audacity to record? Is it as easy as uploading the backing track on the software and then create another track for the guitar? Should I use different effects on the recording (delays, reverbs, chorus, etc.)?

Thanks again!

Angel smile.gif

Hi Angel! Yes! You can use Audacity if you already know how it works. If not, I recommend you to download this one: Reaper

You import the backing track, record your guitar in another track, then export two mixes: One that includes guitar and backing, and other with your guitar only.

Is it clear?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 8 2019, 03:55 PM) *
Have a look at Reaper. There is a learning curve but it's fairly simple. It's free with a delayed startup but so cheap is worth buying a it's just a few guys constantly developing and you get all the updates.

https://www.reaper.fm/

hehehe I didn't see your post! +1 to Reaper!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 9 2019, 07:08 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Aug 8 2019, 08:49 PM) *
Hi guys,

Thanks again!

Angel smile.gif

Yes to all of these smile.gif

One thing to notice, if you send me your guitar track with effects I won't be able to make it sound pro. So best/easiest is probably just to record without effects.

Also I need your guitar track alone in an audio file (where the backing can't be heard), it should start from point 0 ( in other words be exactly as long as the backing tracks Gab uploaded).

Looking forward to your takes!

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Aug 8 2019, 08:22 PM) *
Will have a bash at this

Awesome bro, looking forward to it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 9 2019, 06:11 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Amazing collab, great playing all - the question answer is very rewarding

let me few time, I feel an idea.

I should try tomorrow

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 9 2019, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2019, 06:52 PM
Instructor
Great to see this one growing!! Looking forward your takes! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 9 2019, 08:24 PM
Veteran Tone Master
I told you that I would be there for the next one smile.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 9 2019, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
LEO89PRIEST
Aug 9 2019, 09:03 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 9 2019, 06:08 AM) *
Yes to all of these smile.gif

One thing to notice, if you send me your guitar track with effects I won't be able to make it sound pro. So best/easiest is probably just to record without effects.

Also I need your guitar track alone in an audio file (where the backing can't be heard), it should start from point 0 ( in other words be exactly as long as the backing tracks Gab uploaded).

Looking forward to your takes!

Awesome bro, looking forward to it!

Thank you Kris, Phil and Gab for your incredible answers!

I downloaded Reaper and I think I got at least the basics from the software. Based on what you said, I'm uploading 3 files which belong to Backing 1 (I'm working on the solo for backing 2 but I want to know if I did it right with backing one before going ahead with the second one): 1) Backing track plus guitar with effects, 2) Only guitar with effects, 3) Only guitar without effects.

Attached File  leo_Backing_1.mp3 ( 901.02K ) Number of downloads: 53

Attached File  leo_Backing_1_only_guitar_w_fx.mp3 ( 901.02K ) Number of downloads: 56

Attached File  leo_Backing_1_only_guitar_no_fx.mp3 ( 897.96K ) Number of downloads: 60

I thought of this solo as an answer to the last Kris & Gab video, I hope it works and also it could work as a "slow down" after those incredible runs from you 2 smile.gif

Regarding the file 3) Only guitar without effects I have some questions:
1. What I did was to turn off every effect (delay, compressor, distortion, reverb, etc.) including the amp simulator and equalizer, so the final result is a clean sound, is this right?
2. To be honest, is the first time in a while that I play bends and slides without any distortion... what if I want to include a pick slide or slide in with my fingers to start the solo, the distortion is a point of reference, if I do it without distortion should you be able to make it sound heavy and distorted? I don't know if my question makes sense.

Here is the youtube video for part 1:

Thanks again!

Looking forward for your answers!

Angel.

This post has been edited by LEO89PRIEST: Aug 9 2019, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 9 2019, 09:29 PM
Here's my second attempt. Trying to bring it back down again. Apologies for the duster on the keyboard rolleyes.gif

Edit: Sorry but I expected this to come in after the Kris/Gab slot, while I was creating my post Leo posted his. Not a problem, just clarifying in case you wondered what I mean about bringing it down wink.gif

https://youtu.be/-l5JSlJdbvg

Attached File  2_1_no_backing_Take_1.mp3 ( 861.22K ) Number of downloads: 51

Attached File  2_1_with_backing_Take_1.mp3 ( 861.22K ) Number of downloads: 49

https://youtu.be/caISfSEaZQE

Attached File  2_2_with_backing_Take_1.mp3 ( 861.22K ) Number of downloads: 67

Attached File  2_2_no_backing_Take_1.mp3 ( 861.22K ) Number of downloads: 58

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 10 2019, 09:34 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
LEO89PRIEST
Aug 10 2019, 03:57 AM
QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Aug 9 2019, 08:03 PM) *
Thank you Kris, Phil and Gab for your incredible answers!

I downloaded Reaper and I think I got at least the basics from the software. Based on what you said, I'm uploading 3 files which belong to Backing 1 (I'm working on the solo for backing 2 but I want to know if I did it right with backing one before going ahead with the second one): 1) Backing track plus guitar with effects, 2) Only guitar with effects, 3) Only guitar without effects.

Attached File  leo_Backing_1.mp3 ( 901.02K ) Number of downloads: 53

Attached File  leo_Backing_1_only_guitar_w_fx.mp3 ( 901.02K ) Number of downloads: 56

Attached File  leo_Backing_1_only_guitar_no_fx.mp3 ( 897.96K ) Number of downloads: 60

I thought of this solo as an answer to the last Kris & Gab video, I hope it works and also it could work as a "slow down" after those incredible runs from you 2 smile.gif

Regarding the file 3) Only guitar without effects I have some questions:
1. What I did was to turn off every effect (delay, compressor, distortion, reverb, etc.) including the amp simulator and equalizer, so the final result is a clean sound, is this right?
2. To be honest, is the first time in a while that I play bends and slides without any distortion... what if I want to include a pick slide or slide in with my fingers to start the solo, the distortion is a point of reference, if I do it without distortion should you be able to make it sound heavy and distorted? I don't know if my question makes sense.

Here is the youtube video for part 1:

Thanks again!

Looking forward for your answers!

Angel.

Well, I decided to go ahead and give it a try to the backing track # 2 smile.gif

Here are the files: 1) Backing track plus guitar with effects, 2) Only guitar with effects, 3) Only guitar without effects.

Attached File  leo_Backing_2.mp3 ( 939.79K ) Number of downloads: 75

Attached File  leo_Backing_2_only_guitar_w_fx.mp3 ( 939.79K ) Number of downloads: 54

Attached File  leo_Backing_2_only_guitar_no_fx.mp3 ( 942.86K ) Number of downloads: 50

Here is the youtube video for part 2:

Thanks again!

Angel.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2019, 06:51 AM
I don't know if this is still open or if I have the kind of restraint needed to play something like this smile.gif But what the heck! Sound fun smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 10 2019, 09:39 AM
It's still open Todd, go for it wink.gif
Leo your takes are great buddy, I particularly like that little tapped luck at the end of part 2 cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 10 2019, 11:22 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Leo, very nice take

Also, "call & response" with Phil and Gab sound really great
This collab is wonderfull and call a lot a people.

Very Good Idea Gab smile.gif

Here mine, I should try to improve precision .. I can make better on some licks.

Part 1 Full : https://ahp.li/27fb26bb626eba6e6cec.wav
Part 1 Guitar Wet : https://ahp.li/3987d9d957dc3d7e8ea2.wav
Part 1 Guitar Dry : https://ahp.li/81d0a47a7333a0b7bdd2.wav

Part 2 Full : https://ahp.li/84466677ccdba06e7c44.wav
Part 2 Guitar Wet : https://ahp.li/4449199e2f174af00f25.wav
Part 2 Guitar Dry : https://ahp.li/f463035326c706f7ee43.wav

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 12 2019, 07:24 AM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 10 2019, 02:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Aug 8 2019, 07:49 PM) *
Hi guys,

Thanks again!

Angel smile.gif

Yes and no , I had trouble using my rp 500 as an interface , so I got one of these
, for forty bucks

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Aug 10 2019, 10:29 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 10 2019, 10:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 10 2019, 06:51 AM) *
I don't know if this is still open or if I have the kind of restraint needed to play something like this smile.gif But what the heck! Sound fun smile.gif

Todd

I challenge you to play as few notes as possible

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2019, 02:22 AM
I tried playing with only one arm, but that just let to a series of shred quick licks played with only the left harm. Then I tried taping two out of four fingers down to my hand. That resulted in some very interesting shred licks with only two fingers from one hand and no pick. Next I"m going to tight my right arm behind my back, and tape every finger but one down on my left hand and only use the left hand. All bending, etc. will be with one finger. That should do it.
ohmy.gif)
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 10 2019, 05:30 PM) *
I challenge you to play as few notes as possible

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 11 2019, 03:42 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 11 2019, 02:22 AM) *
I tried playing with only one arm, but that just let to a series of shred quick licks played with only the left harm. Then I tried taping two out of four fingers down to my hand. That resulted in some very interesting shred licks with only two fingers from one hand and no pick. Next I"m going to tight my right arm behind my back, and tape every finger but one down on my left hand and only use the left hand. All bending, etc. will be with one finger. That should do it.
ohmy.gif)
okay...okay...okay .. you can only fret with knuckles

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2019, 06:48 AM
I tried that!! It was awful. So I taped my thumb and four fingers on my left hand, and then strapped my right hand the neck as a fret scrunchy. So it's just the one finger with no way to anchor it to the neck. Im finding it quite a challenge!!!! I would suggest it to anyone looking for a new way to play that requires some new thinking as none of the regular licks work.

Todd
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 10 2019, 10:42 PM) *
okay...okay...okay .. you can only fret with knuckles

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 11 2019, 10:51 AM
Wonderful takes guys!

Very inspiring.

My turn now

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Mix_Phrase_1.mp3 ( 904.08K ) Number of downloads: 46
Attached File  Guitar_wet_1.mp3 ( 904.08K ) Number of downloads: 50
Attached File  Guitar_dry_1.mp3 ( 904.08K ) Number of downloads: 48
Attached File  Mix_phrase_2.mp3 ( 897.96K ) Number of downloads: 43
Attached File  Guitar_wet_2.mp3 ( 897.96K ) Number of downloads: 48
Attached File  Guitar_dry_2.mp3 ( 897.96K ) Number of downloads: 48

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Aug 11 2019, 12:30 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 11 2019, 06:47 PM
GMC Founder
Fantastic work guys, this is turning out amazingly cool!! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif Here the responses from Leo to Onetabmat:

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Aug 12 2019, 07:36 AM
Reason for edit: right video added ;)

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:28 PM