Cheap, Good, Or Atleast Decent Amp!
Ryan
Apr 14 2007, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
What is a cheap atleast 100 to 150 dollar...amp that is atleast decent....good enough for just jammin with friends not just for home practice..nothing like a stage amp...but just a jammin 1.......sad.gif mine sux it has no gain, middle, or nohting...its just trelbe and bass..sad.gif

After a reply....then ill just need to convience my g/f to let me get it biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 14 2007, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Apr 14 2007, 05:09 PM) *
After a reply....then ill just need to convience my g/f to let me get it biggrin.gif

She's your G/F, not your wife. Do what you want smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 14 2007, 11:50 PM
yea ive been told that before..and i know i havent bought the ring "YET"....but still i dont want her ot get really pissed off at me..theres some other reasons behind it 2...like college tongue.gif...and bills...but yea...i just need a decently, good, cheap amp please

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben C
Apr 15 2007, 12:16 AM
Roland Cube Amps are known for being really good, and I highly recommend trying one out.

Here's a 15 watt amp with built in effects, gain, E.Q , and everything:

Roland Cube 15X amp

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
iowa jimmy
Apr 15 2007, 03:48 AM
you might try a kustom 12 watt tube amp has gain and phase shift. has a good tube type sound and weighs nothing you can plug in a bigger speaker if needed. head phones plenty loud. 100 bucks new.

+Quote Post
Iscariott
Apr 15 2007, 12:51 PM
Also, check your friendly local music store for used amps. When I was at the same stage of amp shopping, I ended up getting a Peavey Classic Chorus for about 130. The nice thing about getting a bigger amp than you had thought of, is that A) it has a volume knob to keep the ladyfriend happy, and cool.gif if jamming with friends turns into something more you dont need a new one.

Just my 2c though.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 15 2007, 10:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
The Kustom or a Roland model would probably be great stuff for you. The Kustom is a valve amp and has headphone jacks aswell. I guess the 100 buck Rolands does too.

Chicks just love bad guys, get that amp without her permission. Be a little "dangerous" so that she doesn't get tired of you ;-)

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 15 2007, 11:33 PM
noooooooo way lol...im interesting, and unpredictable enough tongue.gif....she probably kill me..and stop talking to me if i go behind her back lol....it woldnt be a bad boy move..it would just kinda be stupid..BUT then again...i would have tons of fun playin wiht a new amp smile.gif...idk..ill figure suomthing out tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 16 2007, 01:25 AM
Instructor
I recommend Line6.
I use a Line6 Spider2 30 watts. I used it on stage and recorded all of our next album direct out. It sounds great.
The new Spider3 sound as good and are cheap!
Musiciansfriend has some cheap 15 watts...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 16 2007, 02:17 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Apr 14 2007, 11:09 PM) *
What is a cheap atleast 100 to 150 dollar...amp that is atleast decent....good enough for just jammin with friends not just for home practice..nothing like a stage amp...but just a jammin 1.......sad.gif mine sux it has no gain, middle, or nohting...its just trelbe and bass..sad.gif

Well, you might consider the Epiphone Valve Junior. Unfortunately they just raised the prices though. They are very popular practice amps. The amp itself just has volume, nothing else. However there are a bunch of mod kits out there, such as on ebay.

I have the one that is just the head. Paid $100. They cost $130 now. Maybe you could find a deal. They also have one with a speaker for $20 more. However the speaker is cheesy they say. Most people run them though an external speaker. My head has 4, 8, and 16 ohm jacks. Not sure if the other one has anything but 4 ohm. Expect there is an easy mod for that, though. If you look on internet, you can see that there is a cult around these amps, with mods for them. I was thinking of getting a second one.

Also consider, this is something you will probably like 10 years from now. If you get some $150 solid state amp with digital whatever, you won't be satisfied with it. If you get a little tube amp, you will be satisfied with it for what it is. You will still want another bigger amp, however, you will want to keep the little one as well. A 5 watt Class A tube amp. Just about everybody loves these little guys.

I believe in tube amps, put your digital processing elsewhere. Tube amps live forever, solid state amps end up in the dumpster at some point.

Oh, about the 5 watts. If nobody has explained this to you, the loudness of an amp increases much less than proportionately as you increase wattage. A 100 watt amp is only twice as loud as a 10 watt amp.
In fact, a 1000 watt amp is only 8 times as loud as 1 watt amp.

5 watts is enough to make you neighbors complain, I assure you.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 16 2007, 02:28 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:55 PM